S. Williams SS Georgia, Kam insurance ?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
S. Williams SS Georgia, Kam insurance ?
Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 am
  • Shawn Williams SS Georgia
    6'0 ft tall
    30' inch arms
    4.46 40
    25 reps on the Bench

He's a lil smaller than Kam but his scouting report sounded pretty familiar and he has 4.4 speed i don't think thats what Kam ran coming out so what do you think? i have not seen any tape on him just figured he would be a good insurance policy in this yrs draft don't know what round he is being projected at either.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• I'm a fan. Been waiting to get around to him on the blog. Maybe soon.

There's also the guy who lost his job to Shawn Williams from injury, Jakar Hamilton. I'd be pretty happy with either one of them.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I would rather have us draft Shamarco Thomas, who is more versatile. I think he is capable of backing up Kam n ET both.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksFanForever wrote:I would rather have us draft Shamarco Thomas, who is more versatile. I think he is capable of backing up Kam n ET both.

You want a 5'9" safety? That would be the smallest safety tandem in the league with Earl only 5'10"

I don't know if his skillset offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:
    SeahawksFanForever wrote:I would rather have us draft Shamarco Thomas, who is more versatile. I think he is capable of backing up Kam n ET both.

You want a 5'9" safety? That would be the smallest safety tandem in the league with Earl only 5'10"

I don't know if his skillset offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.

Watch the tape and also get to know his attitude, work ethic. He is a football player.

Plus our QB is not 6'5 230 lbs either
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

• SeahawksFanForever wrote:
    jlwaters1 wrote:
    SeahawksFanForever wrote:I would rather have us draft Shamarco Thomas, who is more versatile. I think he is capable of backing up Kam n ET both.

Watch the tape and also get to know his attitude, work ethic. He is a football player.

Plus our QB is not 6'5 230 lbs either

Our QB does'nt have to break up passes to 6'5 recievers plus have to take on the tough RB's in our division so i would prefer a little more height than 5'9.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• I think SS is our deepest position on the team, IMO it would be a waste using anything higher than a 6th round pick on a SS. Winston Guy and Jeron Johnson are Kam's backups. Johnson played well when given some playing time and Guy got some reps in the playoffs as a rookie.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• cover-2 wrote:I think SS is our deepest position on the team, IMO it would be a waste using anything higher than a 6th round pick on a SS. Winston Guy and Jeron Johnson are Kam's backups. Johnson played well when given some playing time and Guy got some reps in the playoffs as a rookie.

The Seahawks usually use them in the 3 safety package and this guy could be the enforcer that Kam is. Guy and Johnson are good but they don't put the fear in recievers and with Williams speed plus physical style that is possibly what this guy can do.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:

I don't know if his skill set offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.

Wasn't Bob Sanders only 5'8" and two-time All Pro... and one-time Defensive Player of the Year?

Height is just a number... no, wait... that's age. ;)
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Bob Sanders, yeah, scary guy. I watched him at Iowa and as a pro too.
    What amazed me was the transformation of Indy's defense when he
    was not in the lineup. He was mini but that sucker could play.

The paper Shawn Williams sounds good but while I watched a few of
    georgia's games, they were so loaded I couldn't watch everyone, so
    I hardly remember him. Since I don't do film study, I'll take your word.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information