Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: S. Williams SS Georgia, Kam insurance ?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 am 
NET Veteran

Shawn Williams SS Georgia
6'0 ft tall
30' inch arms
4.46 40
25 reps on the Bench

He's a lil smaller than Kam but his scouting report sounded pretty familiar and he has 4.4 speed i don't think thats what Kam ran coming out so what do you think? i have not seen any tape on him just figured he would be a good insurance policy in this yrs draft don't know what round he is being projected at either.

Post subject: Re: S. Williams SS Georgia, Kam insurance ?
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:06 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

I'm a fan. Been waiting to get around to him on the blog. Maybe soon.

There's also the guy who lost his job to Shawn Williams from injury, Jakar Hamilton. I'd be pretty happy with either one of them.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:40 am 
NET Veteran

I would rather have us draft Shamarco Thomas, who is more versatile. I think he is capable of backing up Kam n ET both.

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am 
NET Veteran

SeahawksFanForever wrote:
I would rather have us draft Shamarco Thomas, who is more versatile. I think he is capable of backing up Kam n ET both.

You want a 5'9" safety? That would be the smallest safety tandem in the league with Earl only 5'10"

I don't know if his skillset offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:13 am 
NET Veteran

jlwaters1 wrote:

You want a 5'9" safety? That would be the smallest safety tandem in the league with Earl only 5'10"

I don't know if his skillset offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.

Watch the tape and also get to know his attitude, work ethic. He is a football player.

Plus our QB is not 6'5 230 lbs either

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:23 am 
NET Veteran

jlwaters1 wrote:

Watch the tape and also get to know his attitude, work ethic. He is a football player.

Plus our QB is not 6'5 230 lbs either

Our QB does'nt have to break up passes to 6'5 recievers plus have to take on the tough RB's in our division so i would prefer a little more height than 5'9.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:28 am 
NET Veteran

I think SS is our deepest position on the team, IMO it would be a waste using anything higher than a 6th round pick on a SS. Winston Guy and Jeron Johnson are Kam's backups. Johnson played well when given some playing time and Guy got some reps in the playoffs as a rookie.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:21 pm 
NET Veteran

cover-2 wrote:
I think SS is our deepest position on the team, IMO it would be a waste using anything higher than a 6th round pick on a SS. Winston Guy and Jeron Johnson are Kam's backups. Johnson played well when given some playing time and Guy got some reps in the playoffs as a rookie.

The Seahawks usually use them in the 3 safety package and this guy could be the enforcer that Kam is. Guy and Johnson are good but they don't put the fear in recievers and with Williams speed plus physical style that is possibly what this guy can do.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:37 am 
NET Veteran

jlwaters1 wrote:

I don't know if his skill set offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.

Wasn't Bob Sanders only 5'8" and two-time All Pro... and one-time Defensive Player of the Year?

Height is just a number... no, wait... that's age. ;)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:54 am 
NET Veteran

Bob Sanders, yeah, scary guy. I watched him at Iowa and as a pro too.
What amazed me was the transformation of Indy's defense when he
was not in the lineup. He was mini but that sucker could play.

The paper Shawn Williams sounds good but while I watched a few of
georgia's games, they were so loaded I couldn't watch everyone, so
I hardly remember him. Since I don't do film study, I'll take your word.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]