S. Williams SS Georgia, Kam insurance ?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Shawn Williams SS Georgia
6'0 ft tall
30' inch arms
4.46 40
25 reps on the Bench

He's a lil smaller than Kam but his scouting report sounded pretty familiar and he has 4.4 speed i don't think thats what Kam ran coming out so what do you think? i have not seen any tape on him just figured he would be a good insurance policy in this yrs draft don't know what round he is being projected at either.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm a fan. Been waiting to get around to him on the blog. Maybe soon.

There's also the guy who lost his job to Shawn Williams from injury, Jakar Hamilton. I'd be pretty happy with either one of them.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3c5r8402 said:
I would rather have us draft Shamarco Thomas, who is more versatile. I think he is capable of backing up Kam n ET both.

You want a 5'9" safety? That would be the smallest safety tandem in the league with Earl only 5'10"

I don't know if his skillset offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
jlwaters1":17h9w9sn said:
SeahawksFanForever":17h9w9sn said:
I would rather have us draft Shamarco Thomas, who is more versatile. I think he is capable of backing up Kam n ET both.

You want a 5'9" safety? That would be the smallest safety tandem in the league with Earl only 5'10"

I don't know if his skillset offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.

Watch the tape and also get to know his attitude, work ethic. He is a football player.

Plus our QB is not 6'5 230 lbs either

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":5bjseywi said:
jlwaters1":5bjseywi said:
SeahawksFanForever":5bjseywi said:

Watch the tape and also get to know his attitude, work ethic. He is a football player.

Plus our QB is not 6'5 230 lbs either

Our QB does'nt have to break up passes to 6'5 recievers plus have to take on the tough RB's in our division so i would prefer a little more height than 5'9.

cover-2

Reaction score
I think SS is our deepest position on the team, IMO it would be a waste using anything higher than a 6th round pick on a SS. Winston Guy and Jeron Johnson are Kam's backups. Johnson played well when given some playing time and Guy got some reps in the playoffs as a rookie.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
cover-2":34lkas7v said:
I think SS is our deepest position on the team, IMO it would be a waste using anything higher than a 6th round pick on a SS. Winston Guy and Jeron Johnson are Kam's backups. Johnson played well when given some playing time and Guy got some reps in the playoffs as a rookie.

The Seahawks usually use them in the 3 safety package and this guy could be the enforcer that Kam is. Guy and Johnson are good but they don't put the fear in recievers and with Williams speed plus physical style that is possibly what this guy can do.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
jlwaters1":19znwiuz said:
SeahawksFanForever":19znwiuz said:

I don't know if his skill set offsets the preferred build that PC and JS prefer for the secondary.
Wasn't Bob Sanders only 5'8" and two-time All Pro... and one-time Defensive Player of the Year?

Height is just a number... no, wait... that's age. ;)

two dog

Reaction score
Bob Sanders, yeah, scary guy. I watched him at Iowa and as a pro too.
What amazed me was the transformation of Indy's defense when he
was not in the lineup. He was mini but that sucker could play.

The paper Shawn Williams sounds good but while I watched a few of
georgia's games, they were so loaded I couldn't watch everyone, so
I hardly remember him. Since I don't do film study, I'll take your word.