Just as I thought all along. Tavon Austin rising up in 1st round projections and now being mentioned as a possible top 10 pick. I agree with this http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap ... op-10-pick
He's been invited to the Draft - which is another indication that he is likely to be selected higher in the first round (not a guarantee, but there's not too many who are not labeling him the best offensive player in the draft.)
For me, this draft is becoming not so much about who the Seahawks select... but, not seeing Tavon Austin go to an NFC West Opponent. Dollars to donuts the Niners are targeting him and may try to trade up.
The teams I could see drafting him if all stays put (no trades)...
4. Philly (Chip Kelly probably could draw up a thing or two to do with Tavon Austin)
5. Detroit (though they just picked up Reggie Bush. They need to do something in an improving division and get a "new breed" of NFL player like this.)
6. Cleveland (Terry Metcalf 2.0, only better? Chudzinski could get creative with a player of this caliber and make an immediate statement in the division)
9. NYJ (Austin could pick up any butt fumbles and still make a positive play out of it)
11. San Diego (Phillip Rivers would love an electric player similar to what he had in Darren Sproules and give his career a needed spark)
13. Tampa Bay (too good to pass up for offensive help if he's still on the board. I don't think Austin makes it past Tampa or this 13 slot.)
This is going to get some howls of protest and get me labeled as a certified lunatic, but I would actually be ok with trading away all the Seahawks picks (though, I don't know if that would be enough - maybe even a pick next year) to trade up for Tavon Austin - just to keep him away from other NFC West Teams. Percy Harvin Insurance or even better. Still could sign a bunch of UDFA's. There will be more cuts in June and there's always players that come available who could fill in or upgrade any perceived position of need. Even on final cuts or other teams' practice squads once set. I don't think there are any actual glaring weaknesses that couldn't be addressed later.
Not panicked, but I don't like hearing of the 49ers and Rams interest in Tavon Austin one bit.