Kiper and Mort aboard the DangeRuss train

Basis4day

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3bjtlzbz said:
XxxZagnutxxX":3bjtlzbz said:
Mel Kiper doesn't get to root for Russell Wilson.

Exactly. He shouldn't even get to look at him. :)

Sorry to break it to so many that he's not going to be like cboom and just disappear.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1rxmj073 said:
RolandDeschain":1rxmj073 said:
Rat":1rxmj073 said:
I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

Didn't Kiper say Wilson's ceiling was being a backup? Someone did, I know for sure; thought it was Kiper, but can't remember for certain.
I think it was Bill Polian but I'm not absolutely sure. That guy's another mediot that's no better than the rest.
I'll listen to the opinions/analysis of Jaworski and Gruden right now and all the rest can buzz off.

Polian said Wilson would be a backup at best, but he also said the 3rd round was good value for him and said the Hawks didn't reach at all for him there.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Rat":1w4u6ghs said:
I've always been a big supporter of Kiper because he gets unfairly bashed, but his stuff about Wilson wasn't really all that negative last year. He had the same concerns that most did (the height thing), but also added that if Russell Wilson isn't able to do it, no 5'10" QB ever will.

Why? Last years draft alone "Irvin way over reach, Wagner, this pick baffles me Seattle baffles me, Wilson, he is too short to play in the league." Aaron Curry, "The safest pick in this draft." He also had Clausen as a mid first rounder. Nuff said. He's a big dumb dummy. Its also been noted that he takes payoffs from agents to hype players.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
If I recall, Polian said he could come in and be a backup in this league, which is a valuable commodity and in his opinion a worthwhile use of the pick.

I don't recall if he said anything about his ceiling.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":23o3y6fw said:
If I recall, Polian said he could come in and be a backup in this league, which is a valuable commodity and in his opinion a worthwhile use of the pick.

I don't recall if he said anything about his ceiling.

Yes but he started and went 11-5 so screw him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I've got no problem with the segment. Some of you see so much red when you watch Kiper that you probably blocked it out when he came out and said how wrong he was about Wilson. At least he was man enough to admit it. That tool Dilfer loves himself too much to fess up.

What I'd really like that to do is make Hines Ward answer up, but it's a bit premature I suppose. I don't know if anyone saw it, but they had him on NFL network and when they asked about the rookie QBs and how they compare, he said 'when it's all said and done' Luck and RG3 'will have much better NFL careers' than Russell Wilson. That dude is a self-absorbed d*ck. At the end of Russells, all-pro, Super Bowl-winning, HOF caliber career, I think Ward should have to stand about 15 yards in front of RW and get drilled in the nutz with a football. Russell probably wouldn't stoop to that, so a Juggs machine or Jamarcus Russell would do the trick.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18gjbn92 said:
Rat":18gjbn92 said:

Didn't Kiper say Wilson's ceiling was being a backup? Someone did, I know for sure; thought it was Kiper, but can't remember for certain.
It was the "expert" coach that Kiper called in that day Gruden was ripping him.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2x7njsls said:
I've got no problem with the segment. Some of you see so much red when you watch Kiper that you probably blocked it out when he came out and said how wrong he was about Wilson. At least he was man enough to admit it. That tool Dilfer loves himself too much to fess up.

What I'd really like that to do is make Hines Ward answer up, but it's a bit premature I suppose. I don't know if anyone saw it, but they had him on NFL network and when they asked about the rookie QBs and how they compare, he said 'when it's all said and done' Luck and RG3 'will have much better NFL careers' than Russell Wilson. That dude is a self-absorbed d*ck. At the end of Russells, all-pro, Super Bowl-winning, HOF caliber career, I think Ward should have to stand about 15 yards in front of RW and get drilled in the nutz with a football. Russell probably wouldn't stoop to that, so a Juggs machine or Jamarcus Russell would do the trick.

It's not about him manning up and admitting he was wrong. It was his complete douchbaggery that came out when we mades the picks. I swear he was having a stroke every time we picked. After 3 years of JS/PC picking in the draft, let's see if he sees things in a new perspective this year. I'd put my money on Not.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Hehe they don't really have a choice without looking like bigger fools. But hey. Who knows.