DT Tony McDaniel agrees to deal

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Per 710 ESPN radio Tony McDaniel agrees to a 1 year deal with the Hawks.

EDIT:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Tony McDaniel has agreed to terms on a 1 year deal with the Seahawks.
6 minutes ago

Biggiec76

Reaction score
i still like branch as he can really control the line of scrimage but cant wait to see tony in action hope its good!

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
Good solid depth, big body for the middle. I like this signing a lot for some reason. Don't let me down Tony.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That seals it. We are officially in BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE mode for the draft.

Can't wait.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Guardian":1gk4u9ko said:
DavidSeven":1gk4u9ko said:
That seals it. We are officially in BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE mode for the draft.

Can't wait.
Woa, slow down. We still need a kicker. ;)

Good thing we got enough picks + Flynn to trade up!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't see this as "bye bye Branch" move at all but it could very well be. They could still bring Branch back as he may offer slightly different skill set than McDaniel. I see McDaniel as more a backup to Mebane than taking over Branch's spot. IMO, there isn't much depth behind Mebane for 1 tech spot. This could help that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I heard earlier that his agent had said they were VERY close to a deal, so I'm not surprised by this. Will be curious to see what the deal costs, but I doubt it will be large enough to create more than a minor adjustment in the cap figures

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Assuming the deal is not for more than 2 million, I like this move a lot for DT depth. Sounds like he has the body type to back up Red Bryant at DE also. Speaking of Red, is he a potential cap casualty if he doesn't agree to take a pay cut? I still think the Hawks will also draft a run-stuffing DT in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft this year to bring in some younger blood at the position.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3gthdq3j said:
Assuming the deal is not for more than 2 million, I like this move a lot for DT depth. Sounds like he has the body type to back up Red Bryant at DE also. Speaking of Red, is he a potential cap casualty if he doesn't agree to take a pay cut? I still think the Hawks will also draft a run-stuffing DT in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft this year to bring in some younger blood at the position.

Bryant has only been paid $8 million of the $14.5 million his contract guarantees. That means almost all of this salary this year is guaranteed. he's not going anywhere

SDHawk

Reaction score
First move this offseason that didnt make me wet my pants.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SDHawk":cej2mh5v said:
First move this offseason that didnt make me wet my pants.

You wet your pants for the Darren Fells signing?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Dolphins fans seem to really like McDaniel. All I am reading from Phins fans is that he is a solid depth player, good locker room guy, and hard worker.

Good one year pickup!

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Sounds like their gonna run a good rotation of big guys up front Mebane and McDaniel on 1st n 2nd down and throw Bennett and Scruggs in on third it should be a solid rotation at DT. This is of course if Scruggs takes his game to a new level this year and i could see Howard gettin the cut if he don't show up this year. Its gonna be interesting to see what they do in the draft.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Don't know anythng about him, but if he serves as nothing else than a fire under Branch's butt to get his contract signed he was worth the one year deal.

He appears to have the obligatory dreds, so that is also very important...