VY for Backup? (Reported Seahawks Interest)

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ce8futz said:
kearly":1ce8futz said:
Scottemojo":1ce8futz said:
We all have our Rex Grossman's in the closet. PeHawk's Rex Grossman just happens to be Vince Young.

Mine was Mark Sanchez up until the complete humiliation that was his 2012 season. Who's yours?

Rex Grossman. It's unhealthy.

And Weurful, Kannell, Leak, etc. Scotte just loves him some Ol Ball Coach and Gators.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":3n5c9o50 said:
Scottemojo":3n5c9o50 said:
kearly":3n5c9o50 said:
Rex Grossman. It's unhealthy.

And Weurful, Kannell, Leak, etc. Scotte just loves him some Ol Ball Coach and Gators.

I do have a weakness for the Ol' ball coach, but not those other 3 schlubs. Me an Coach have a kinship because we both will drop important work to play golf anytime, anywhere.

I am a one Grossman guy. I think I have been obsessed with him ever since he kept his job after having one of the worst football games of all time vs the Cards in the "Crown their Ass" Monday night game. After just kicking our ass on a Monday night game the year before, IIRC. That kind of inconsistency is just plain hypnotic.

pehawk

Reaction score
Rex would've been great under Martz, IMO. They would've completed each other.

Anyone that doesn't like Spurrier doesn't like football...and most likely is female.

rjdriver

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3cp9jj2b said:
Ok ok, he's had problems in the past, who hasn't been depressed? (it's also very possible he's gay, which would be brutal for a pro athlete i'd guess.)

Could you imagine if russell wilson's work ethic rubbed off on him? I mean Russell is a guy who gets 150% out of his body, imagine if vince got 100%?

And I can think of no greater hell for a gay man than having to share a locker room with a straight Russell Wilson.

pehawk

Reaction score
If VY's a gay, that'll take my obsession up a notch. How wonderful!

godawg

Reaction score
Even if Russell Wilson's work ethic rubbed off on Vince, his intelligence and good judgment would not. I think we will find a better option.

pehawk

Reaction score
When VY went 30-17 as a starter for the Titans, it wasn't him. It was the innovative offensive gameplan and GREAT WR's like Justin Gage. Young was carried, not the other way around.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Don't even let that guy through the door he's bad luck might be a good guy but he's the bad luck guy.

I've watched Celtic Pride

G

I can't see a downside to having a proven winner on clipboard duty in an offense more tailored to his skillset than either of his other pro opportunities. This is a better system & environment for VY's physical & mental skillsets. As read option becomes more widely accepted & implemented at the pro level, his value will rise and we may have a Whitehurt-esque return on our hands when another team decides to transition to that type of player. I say yes.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Rat":11veko19 said:
The main thing that concerns me about Vince Young is that acquiring Tarvaris Jackson made him expendable in Buffalo.

I've always kind of liked him as a player. Strange dude, but he struggles with a lot of the same stuff I do, so I can't really criticize. If he's humble enough to take a minimal contract, I'd be more than fine taking a flyer on him.

This, I believe he has a 31-19 record as an NFL starter. He has his issues, he's not a great passer but the guy has an amazing will to win. When he took down Pete's team at SC in the Rose Bowl that was one of the single best performances I've ever seen.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
pehawk":eyadevg8 said:
When VY went 30-17 as a starter for the Titans, it wasn't him. It was the innovative offensive gameplan and GREAT WR's like Justin Gage. Young was carried, not the other way around.

Great WR's like Justin Gage? Come on dude, that Titans team had no business being as good as they were. Vince is not a great traditional QB but the dude has always been excellent with the game on the line.

pehawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2t5t80l3 said:
pehawk":2t5t80l3 said:

Great WR's like Justin Gage? Come on dude, that Titans team had no business being as good as they were. Vince is not a great traditional QB but the dude has always been excellent with the game on the line.

Umm, I was being sarcastic. I've wanted Vince here for awhile. It's perfect now, because he'd ride the bench.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pehawk":31v9zwax said:
WestcoastSteve":31v9zwax said:
pehawk":31v9zwax said:

Umm, I was being sarcastic. I've wanted Vince here for awhile. It's perfect now, because he'd ride the bench.
Lol...I agree with you tho. I wouldn't mind VY as a backup. He wouldn't cost too much and there's too many strong personalities to let VY mess up a good thing. Plus the first sign of trouble and he's out the door like another former Titan, Lendale White.

sjbravo

Reaction score
Quite like the idea of getting Vince Young in. We've got a good history of working with guys with issues - I reckon we could do the same with him, and he could be useful. I say we get him in and see what he can do. If we like him then great, sign him up. If not, I say we go get Colt McCoy (rumour is we're considering this for a 7th round pick). I reckon he's the best QB the Browns have, they're just too daft to realise. If we're looking at Colt, we'd have traded Flynn and will have an extra pick from that, so to lose one to Cleveland would be no big deal.

VY will cost more that Colt of course, but if the coaches like what they see then I reckon he'll be better. If he seems a bit lacking, get McCoy in.

We're in a great position as far as I can see. Fantastic starter, and an excellent back up currently. If we get rid of our backup there are a fair few viable options for backups this year (not so great on starters).

Largent80

Reaction score
Everytime we get a guy "with issues" how long does he last?

Do we really need to waste a spot on another?

I would rather draft a late round QB.

sjbravo

Reaction score
Largent80":31u189bm said:

Well, it really depends on what you call "issues". We'd better hope we can hold on to such guys because we've got a few. We're being bombarded with articles about Percy Harvin's "issues" (often from depressed Vikings fans). When we picked up Bruce Irvin, we were told he had "academic issues" that put other teams off and that he was a "risk". If the coaches reckon they could handle Young - I reckon they could and he may be useful. If they don't think they can, they won't grab him.

I think we've got a decent record of seeing things in players that other teams don't. Not only that, but I also believe that we can get more out of such players than anyone else in the league.

At the end of the day though, we're talking about a back up QB and whether or not the risk is worth it depends on how important that position is.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I say this with very close second hand knowlege, that VY is a mental midget. Id take TJack ALL DAY long before I would let this guy even darken the VMAC doorstep. Other than his athleticism he has zero redeeming football qualities.

Knowing the antics he pulled in Tenn, and knowing how the team is run, VY wouldnt last a week in this team.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Largent80":6dg32k3a said:

Yep not sure we can really spare one of the 95 friggen initial roster spots to try and find a backup.. which we lack at the moment

Teqneek

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":vef8n5o1 said:
I say this with very close second hand knowlege, that VY is a mental midget. Id take TJack ALL DAY long before I would let this guy even darken the VMAC doorstep. Other than his athleticism he has zero redeeming football qualities.

Knowing the antics he pulled in Tenn, and knowing how the team is run, VY wouldnt last a week in this team.

So then... why is Tjacks career record god awful... with a better team than Vince Young had in Tenn. ?

Heck you could even say the Vikings team he was on was better than the Titans at that point

mikeak

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2ueqgdbp said:
I say this with very close second hand knowlege.

LMAO. So read it online in a blog? Friend of of a close friend's cousin? :)

Sorry couldn't resist

Latest posts