Alan Branch fires his agent

Jville

Reaction score
Don’t be surprised if Branch signs with the Jaguars, where former Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is the new head coach.

Rat

Reaction score
Has Gus vultured a single player from us yet? I hope Branch isn't the first. He can have Trufant. Or even better, he can have Hauschka, and we'll take Josh Scobee.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the Jags poaching players this year, but am curious to see what happens in thde next 2 years as many of our core player's rookie contracts expire.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
When we destroy the Jags at home this year, our players will get to see what they maybe going to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfish":36ni014p said:
When we destroy the Jags at home this year, our players will get to see what they maybe going to.
RW3 will chew up Gus' soft zone/prevent.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CAA has been losing lots of players last year, and lost double digits last year. One Cincy Bengal even called them out on Twitter as wanting them to call him.

The rumor is that they take a ton of time with their top clients and the mid and low level guys languish.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
The market just hasn't been kind to most DTs this year. Branch's best bet is to take a one year deal and do all he can to up his stock. Ideally with us.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I don't know if many teams find him as a great fit in their d-line. Especially not enough to pay him more than we would be willing to pay to keep him around. I doubt he'll sign with anyone else.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ro7bosu said:
Hawkfish":2ro7bosu said:
RW3 will chew up Gus' soft zone/prevent.

He only really went into that when the Hawks had a lead. Are you saying the Jags will be beating us?

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
Not surprised. He's one of the top 10 free agents available left and I haven't heard about him making any visits to any teams.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I don't really think he's that important to resign. He been a decent player, but hasn't been great. Mebane's been much more important to this team. Since coming to Seattle (2011, 2012) he has a "WHOPPING" 63 tackles and 4 sack, 4 -PD, 0-FF. So he's giving us 31 tackles, 2 sacks and 2- Pass Defense a year. That's not exactly great production.
Also factor in that his first year here was more productive than last year:
29-tackles, 1- sack, 2- PD.

And by most of your own admission the run defense wasn't good the 2nd half of the year. So if the guy offers no pass rush and the run defense wasn't great (which is his specialty) than how valuable is he really? I think people on here overvalue Branch.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2qrv13y4 said:
I don't really think he's that important to resign. He been a decent player, but hasn't been great. Mebane's been much more important to this team. Since coming to Seattle (2011, 2012) he has a "WHOPPING" 63 tackles and 4 sack, 4 -PD, 0-FF. So he's giving us 31 tackles, 2 sacks and 2- Pass Defense a year. That's not exactly great production.
Also factor in that his first year here was more productive than last year:
29-tackles, 1- sack, 2- PD.

And by most of your own admission the run defense wasn't good the 2nd half of the year. So if the guy offers no pass rush and the run defense wasn't great (which is his specialty) than how valuable is he really? I think people on here overvalue Branch.

I don't over value Branch. I also don't want an important two down spot filled by a rookie DT. Rock/hard place.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Scottemojo":31fzzjl0 said:
I don't over value Branch. I also don't want an important two down spot filled by a rookie DT. Rock/hard place.
This.

If a rookie comes and beats out Branch, awesome. But I want some insurance, plus Branch can back up Mebane also and he's most likely going to be cheap-ish.