how many portland based seahawks fans are out there?

grizbob

Reaction score
Ya gotta wonder about people that wear hats with a zero on em :mrgreen:

m0ng0

Reaction score
muxpux":2sno305p said:
dbmack":2sno305p said:
I live in WA and used to be a Portland Trailblazer season ticket holder since we live closer to Portland than we do Seattle. I hated the Sonics but I have always rooted for the Seahawks and Mariners.

this is me to a T. always loved the M's, Blazers and Hawks. couldnt stand the Sonics. being so close to Portland, i never really attached to a team that was farther away.

Yep me too !

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
There are a pretty good number of us down here. Zebulon Dak is another from the Rose City.

Portland is not a big sports town in general, and it's definitely a cultural mix because of all the people who are transplants. (I'm one.)

No, it's not hard to root for the Seahawks because they represent the Pacific Northwest as far as I'm concerned. They're not nearly as localized as teams on the East Coast. (Look at the relative distance between DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and NY for reference.)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
ProckHawks":1lhg6vtn said:
i have a few ex gf's that work at casa diablo and sassy's lol I know all about portland stripclub. Amen

casa diablo is crazy man. The private dances are too expensive but the girls on stage really earn their money.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Not for me since I'm from Washington originally . What annoys
Me about living Oregon is the amount of bandwagon fans down here, its crazy.

Subzero717

Reaction score
jhawk91":33f1magp said:
Not for me since I'm from Washington originally . What annoys
Me about living Oregon is the amount of bandwagon fans down here, its crazy.

I find bandwagon fans in every town. Look at Mariners when they are winning as opposed to last year.

BeaHUman

Reaction score
Portlander here! Well, Beaverton, fully dedicated fan since '99, bandwagon before.

Met a number of .net people while using my BeavHawkFan moniker at the last Cheney Training camp.
Looking forward to making any local planned get together, when I cannot wrangle up the company seats. :2:

BadgerVid

Reaction score
I'm down in S. Oregon...among the Whiners and Oakland Thugs fans...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Grew up in Olympia, now residing in Tigard (just south of Portland). Rabid Hawks fan since team inception.

Portlanders in general have no issues with Seattle that I've heard of since living here. The only ones who have the "little brother" syndrome are the people who "represent" Portland, ie: the local ESPN radio station.

Unless I've been going to the wrong places, Portland isn't a very good pro football town. They love their Blazers, are divided with Duck and Beaver fans, and I do see a lot of Hawk gear, but overall not real hot on pro football.

Now, the Timbers are another matter. Evidently soccer is the official sport of hippes and rabid liberals everywhere.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hawks46":umxx02z4 said:
Now, the Timbers are another matter. Evidently soccer is the official sport of hippes and rabid liberals everywhere.

Pretty much, yeah. Hipsters unite!

Subzero717

Reaction score
I was born in LA. Grew up in Spokane. Moved back to Cali and currently reside in West Seattle so I don't have a clue about what Portland thinks about the Hawks. The Timbers and Blazers suck.

Giblien

Reaction score
I'm from the Portland area, though I will be moving to Yakima, WA in June.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Born in LA, moved to Gresham as a child right before the Seahawks were born, still family branching out in the Portland/Vancouver area, all Seahawks fans. Little Sis brings her clan of 7 up every year for at least one game.

cacksman

Reaction score
Giblien":2pmcahtr said:

There better be a REALLY GOOD reason to move to Yakima.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
Born in Washington, raised in Everett, lived in Louisiana for 5 yrs, moved up to Portland, now live in Tualatin, been a Seahawks fan since day 1.

Giblien

Reaction score
cacksman":1fv903ht said:
Giblien":1fv903ht said:

There better be a REALLY GOOD reason to move to Yakima.

To help take care of my wife's step-father who has Parkinson's. Also, 100 more days of sunshine a year.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I met more Seahawks fans in San Diego in 2 days than I've met in Portland in 10 years. That might be an exaggeration and probably skewed by likelihood due to proximity but it sure felt that way.