Kickstarter raises $2M for "Veronica Mars" movie in <11 hrs

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13

• Does Joss Whedon even have any interest in doing it? I mean, with his success at some of the other stuff he has done since then, it seems like he'd be easily capable of putting one together as far as financials and convincing a studio go.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• You aren't the first one to think about that. The idea has been going around a lot on my Twitter feed.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I actually saw Whedon make a comment once along the lines of "I'd love to do another, but it isn't free."
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Damn straight it did!

And I can't wait to sport my VM: The Movie T shirt!
    Dismas
    NET Starter

• It's about time they finally gave this movie the greenlight. Was a big fan of the show.

And I too would definitely like to see another Firefly film.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Good to see Kickstarter giving things like the the ability to be born. That's what it was designed for.

And the issue with more Firefly isn't money, it's the story itself, and how busy the actors and Whedon are right now. Whedon's on the hook for several more years tied up in film-making, and several of the major characters' actors are tied up in series that have years left in them, notably Nathan Fillion and Morena Baccarin. And then when you get everyone back and on board, there's still the pesky issue of reviving it with either a) fewer characters and subplots contributing to story, b) a complete restart, or c) major deus ex machina or outright redoing the ending to get everyone back into it. All three have major cons associated with them.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Yep, Nathan's TV schedule is almost the opposite of Morena's, it would be hard to find an open window when they're both available. I think there will be another Firefly movie, but it's going to be a few years in the least.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Gina Torres also does a lot of TV work.

On topic though, I liked Veronica Mars also, wish it had gone on for another season. Would of been cool to see what she did after college with those investigative skills.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, the fourth season was going to be her in the FBI, working out of a field office in Neptune.

I'm guessing that's the way the movie is going to go.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:55 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information