Rumor....Urlacher

The Radish

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3e43cz72 said:
The Radish":3e43cz72 said:
My aren't you the nice guy in the room,,,,not!

Because his opinion us just as good as yours. Better actually cause he was pleasant about it something you can't be accused of.

:141847_bnono:

Not Worried about being labeled pleasant.

As if that wasn't obvious

m0ng0

Reaction score
when the market has proven that it has dried up where do all good players go that wanna win? :D hopefully I was pleasant enough....

TheWebHead

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3gfoo86q said:
Because P&J are discussing this.

We don't know this... that said, I see no reason not to discuss the possibility

penihawk

Reaction score
Why does everyone on here have to act like the old male cat after the new kitten gets brought home? Last time I checked, we are all waiting to celebrate the Lombardi trophy? Hell I've been waiting since 1976 when I was 10 years old so not sure why my opinion ,which is more fact based, gets jumped on so bad? If we had a big hole at mike then maybe I see it a little more some of your guys way but that isn't the case. Anyhow sorry to ruffle feathers, maybe someone can let me know what the proper pecking order is here and when/when not I can post my thoughts on OUR team?

drdiags

Reaction score
penihawk":3shsby8u said:
Why does everyone on here have to act like the old male cat after the new kitten gets brought home? Last time I checked, we are all waiting to celebrate the Lombardi trophy? Hell I've been waiting since 1976 when I was 10 years old so not sure why my opinion ,which is more fact based, gets jumped on so bad? If we had a big hole at mike then maybe I see it a little more some of your guys way but that isn't the case. Anyhow sorry to ruffle feathers, maybe someone can let me know what the proper pecking order is here and when/when not I can post my thoughts on OUR team?

You just have to blow off the criticism and stick to your guns. If folks are attacking the poster and not the post they are violating Forum policy and the mods will deal with them. Some feel like they own the joint and can say whatever they want. Most toe the line but eventually all have to conform to the rules except for a few deviants.

I would lone wolf it if I were you. Enemies today can be allies tomorrow only to revert back to enemies. If you let it.

nwgamer

Reaction score
It is called a forum for a reason. I would expect anything and everything Seahawks related, rumors be damned. That said, kicking the tires on Urlacher or anyone else that the front office might feel can contribute to the team this year should be expected.

I do not think we are done signing free agents at all this off-season. We are just waiting for the market to settle some and see who the bargains will be. As we should be imo. JS/PC will bring people in, the players still will have to make the team!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I assume from this thread's continued presence on the board that this rumor has been vetted in some way? I'd hate to see IHateSleeves join Rob Staton in the stocks after turning out to be wrong...

penihawk

Reaction score
Not against kicking the tires on every FA out there but in the end they will take a little time to watch last years tape and add that to the contract he said he would not put his body through another NFL season for and they will move on to the next guy. Would I take him as a role player on a minimal 1 year deal? Sure but I bet Urlacher would beg to differ on that.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I think it's clear anyone who signs Urlacher is more interested in his legacy then his current production. Who was the last aging linebacker to sign with a team and put them over the top?

xXCHawkXx

Reaction score
Ray Lewis. Tested the FA market at 34 and then resigned with the Ravens.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
xXCHawkXx":2ib7053x said:

I would be hard-pressed to say he put the Ravens over the top, not only did their defense actually regressed last year and I would say that he played at a lower level than he did in previous years.

HawkWow

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3kjsozu9 said:
xXCHawkXx":3kjsozu9 said:

I would be hard-pressed to say he put the Ravens over the top, not only did their defense actually regressed last year and I would say that he played at a lower level than he did in previous years.

Without question. Lewis was a liability for the Ravens last year. The FO won't be asking Suggs and Ngata go to his home and plead for his return. You can bank on that.

Welcome to the forum Penihawk. Your post (that was attacked) was spot on the mark. Urlacher was the modern day Butkus to Bear fans. IF he was worth keeping they'd pay him. They low-balled him so that he would walk. inferior posters will insult you hoping you too will walk. The ignore button is your friend.

penihawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and advice guys. Just trying to help guys see the reality of a guy that joined the fraternity of getting old over night. Ray hung on because of his leadership and being the franchise from the start or he would of met the same fate a year or two prior. Its a fact of life and the NFL and there are only a couple positions that players can hang around longer as backups and role players. LBer aint one of them imo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":30wprs9j said:
I would love to see the Hawks sign him. I think he still has a lot left in the tank and would be an big upgrade over Bobby Wagner

I don't even know what to say to this.

Anyway, Urlacher's looking for a multiple year contract in the 3-4 million a year range. That's WAY too much to pay for a backup middle linebacker.

But if we could get him on a one year deal for 2 million + incentives? Sure. Great leadership, work ethic, etc.

I hardly doubt Urlacher would go to a team where he knows he's going to be backup though. Especially if it means a one year deal + incentives.

The Radish

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1aacaw2x said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1aacaw2x said:
I would love to see the Hawks sign him. I think he still has a lot left in the tank and would be an big upgrade over Bobby Wagner

I don't even know what to say to this.

Anyway, Urlacher's looking for a multiple year contract in the 3-4 million a year range. That's WAY too much to pay for a backup middle linebacker.

But if we could get him on a one year deal for 2 million + incentives? Sure. Great leadership, work ethic, etc.

I hardly doubt Urlacher would go to a team where he knows he's going to be backup though. Especially if it means a one year deal + incentives.

Yeah, heaven forbid he have to work for his money rather than rest on his considerable laurels.(yes that's what they are calling it now)

:roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Radish":1plni0wh said:
Yeah, heaven forbid he have to work for his money rather than rest on his considerable laurels.(yes that's what they are calling it now)

Urlacher's going to be in the HOF, his work ethic isn't what's in question here. What's in question is does he continue to beat the crap out of his body for 1-2 million a year as a backup in Seattle?

My guess is the answer is no. If he's going to accept less to prove he can still play, he's going to a team where he can compete for a starting position..........and that ain't in Seattle.

The Radish

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":o9z4xfog said:
The Radish":o9z4xfog said:

Urlacher's going to be in the HOF, his work ethic isn't what's in question here. What's in question is does he continue to beat the crap out of his body for 1-2 million a year as a backup in Seattle?

My guess is the answer is no. If he's going to accept less to prove he can still play, he's going to a team where he can compete for a starting position..........and that ain't in Seattle.

What I meant was I think he's wanting someone to pay him for what has been not what might be.

I know his work ethic but seems to me the people who had him for so many years might have an idea what he has not become.

:les:

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm so happy we now have our own identity and no longer feel compelled to bring in the Franco Harris' of the world.

I like the heck out of Brian Urlacher. Enough that I watch him sometimes exclusively during Bear's games. There was a time when he was incredibly fast for a man of his size. Now, more times than not, he looks like he's carrying a piano on his back. Unless he is in need of money, the next team he should be with is in Canton (IMO).

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I could see him in situational role, but I doubt he'll accept 'situational' money.
I'm steadfastly against displacing Wagner from MLB, and that's what is being dicussed anyway you want to frame it. We aren't talking about 3 spots that are equal in difficulty and importance, and I don't want some OTH 1-2 yr player slowing Wagner's learning process. Vetran leadetship or not, less snaps = less learning. Sorry Madden crew.