Did anyone notice?

hudsonhawk19

Reaction score
So I know there is a vote for the "Beast-quake" thread for the greatest play of all time, but I though it was worthy of its own thread to point out that beast-mode has more votes than any other play by a significant margin in the second, and yes that includes the immaculate reception. Mods feel free to remove this if its in the other thread. Just thought I would let everyone know how Beast-mode is doing. Could it really win greatest all time or do you think once the rounds go further the other infamous plays will take over?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He should make it to the top 4 unless something screwey happens. Fans across the country love that play. It is amazing to watch, it came at an important time on a huge stage (the playoffs) by an underdog team. The fact that it is recent and is still fresh in many people's memories helps a lot too. People like to vote for plays they actually saw happen. He's got a really good shot.

Hopefully he wins!

JonRud

Reaction score
I was watching in a bar with 100 Seahawks fans. I'm pretty sure I blacked out when Lynch crossed the 20 yard line. Next thing I remember we were kicking the PAT.

CANHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":hozmzmyk said:
He should make it to the top 4 unless something screwey happens. Fans across the country love that play. It is amazing to watch, it came at an important time on a huge stage (the playoffs) by an underdog team. The fact that it is recent and is still fresh in many people's memories helps a lot too. People like to vote for plays they actually saw happen. He's got a really good shot.

Hopefully he wins!

The calls on that play were instant classics too. From Mayock's "get OFF me", to Moon's random "Whoo!", Raible's "oh my god!" and that crazy youtube guy's "little boy, LITTLE BOY! aaaarrrghhh!!!". They just make it too great not to love! The immaculate incompletion might win just because it's so entrenched in NFL lore, but Beastquake is the better clip IMO.

JonRud

Reaction score
TheHawkster":26teok3a said:
My text message notification is MIke Mayock saying "Are You Kidding Me?!"

"Like" [is this Facebook?]

ivotuk

Reaction score
JonRud":2ikmvq5s said:
TheHawkster":2ikmvq5s said:

"Like" [is this Facebook?]

Ditto. I think hf72 has a point about beast mode bring recent. Who really cares about the immaculate reception except steele r fans? Oakland has become irrelevant.

OP
OP
H

hudsonhawk19

Reaction score
TheHawkster":g5jlu099 said:

HAHAHA, that is my favorite part of the whole thing, regardless of what you think of Mayock, who would you rather have had calling that play, that is the highlight of his broadcasting career and I am so glad he called it. Priceless!!

The Radish

Reaction score
Yes HH people noticed. This is either the 3rd or 4th and a couple of them with the link posted to vote.

Beast Quake is forever

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You know?,,There's one aspect of that game, and that play in particular, that has been ignored, and should be duly noted, some of the players in the Saints Defense were still going after their "Bounty" on Lynch, and Lynch destroyed their plans with that Beastmode play.
I was also really amped with how Hasselbeck got himself in there throwing an awsome block for Lynch in that play.

OP
OP
H

hudsonhawk19

Reaction score
The Radish":bf0g6per said:
HH people noticed. This is either the 3rd or 4th and a couple of them with the link posted to vote.

Beast Quake is forever

All I see is ones telling to vote not one that gives his status as leading the vote. Can you link the threads so I can feel less stupid?

Also you have to click on all of them and check to see that he is ahead:)

The Radish

Reaction score
hudsonhawk19":2y40ic6k said:
The Radish":2y40ic6k said:
HH people noticed. This is either the 3rd or 4th and a couple of them with the link posted to vote.

Beast Quake is forever

All I see is ones telling to vote not one that gives his status as leading the vote. Can you link the threads so I can feel less stupid?

No reason to feel stupid we all enjoy Beastmode talk. Its really nice to know that not just us realize what a special play that was. Wife and I were gone that winter and saw the play in our travel trailer in Brookings Or. The neighbors at Harris Beach Campground said they could hear us cheering outside. lol

:les:

CANHawk

Reaction score

Barthawk

Reaction score
JonRud":3tfwld2n said:
I was watching in a bar with 100 Seahawks fans. I'm pretty sure I blacked out when Lynch crossed the 20 yard line. Next thing I remember we were kicking the PAT.

I got really dizzy and fell to my knees on the go ahead TD vs the Skins.. very lightheaded on the blocked FG returned by Sherm too..

TheHawkster

Reaction score
hudsonhawk19":2jyzb019 said:
TheHawkster":2jyzb019 said:

HAHAHA, that is my favorite part of the whole thing, regardless of what you think of Mayock, who would you rather have had calling that play, that is the highlight of his broadcasting career and I am so glad he called it. Priceless!!

The best part about it is your phone yells "Are you kidding me?!" at the most inappropriate times!
Like when I was talking to doctors, bathroom stalls, in the dentists chair, and at any check out line for example!

Good Times!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out that Marshawn is now in Round 3!

Vote again if you haven't already! He's up against Troy Polamalu's INT this time. Don't let him lose to a Steeler highlight that wasn't even a TD!

SE174

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1vojir1t said:
hudsonhawk19":1vojir1t said:
TheHawkster":1vojir1t said:

The best part about it is your phone yells "Are you kidding me?!" at the most inappropriate times!
Like when I was talking to doctors, bathroom stalls, in the dentists chair, and at any check out line for example!

Good Times!
Where can I find the mp3 of that call?

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I have it as an MP3 on my comp. If someone wants to tell me how to post it, I'll do it.
I can e-mail. PM me and I'll get it to you.

On my phone, I downloaded Ringtone Maker and clipped the file down to the part I wanted.

bellingerga

Reaction score
CANHawk":2js5d0op said:
HawkFan72":2js5d0op said:

Hopefully he wins!

The calls on that play were instant classics too. From Mayock's "get OFF me", to Moon's random "Whoo!", Raible's "oh my god!" and that crazy youtube guy's "little boy, LITTLE BOY! aaaarrrghhh!!!". They just make it too great not to love! The immaculate incompletion might win just because it's so entrenched in NFL lore, but Beastquake is the better clip IMO.

I get fired up every time I listen to Raible and Moon. When Moon lets out that WHOOO I just get fired up and every time I'm instantly reminded how good it felt to be a Seahawk fan on that particular night. NEVER gets old