Possible trade destinations for Flynn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabowl

Reaction score
I have read here over the last few days that a number of people want the Hawks to trade Flynn. I understand trying to free up cap space but let's not overlook our high powered O is led by a QB that can and does run. I am aware he does not seem to take the big hits however we are one bad break (as all teams are) from having to utilize the backup QB. With this said I would rather keep an expensive backup than cheap out. Unless a good backup comes available and is willing to accept backup pay I would rather play it safe especially with all we have invested. If this is our best shot at making a real SB run we need to be fully covered at the most important position on e field. No guarantee that Flynn is amazing but he is probably better than most as a backup.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sweet. This hasn't been asked yet. Discuss, gentle readers

mikeak

Reaction score
Well this has been discussed :)

But time to go again?

We differ in opinion but I say trade and sign a backup that fits like Vince Young or anyone not name Tebow.

I am ok with the money spent in the qb position but Flynn isn't a natural fit in our system now.

Cutting Flynn doesn't save enough. Has to be a trade in my book even if a 7th rounder :)

Seahawks Freak

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1g6il89g said:
How's this for a trade: Matt Flynn for Terrell Pryor and a late round pick.

Gives us the Russell Wilson like (at least in athletic ability) backup that Pete supposedly craves.
i like that idea Terrell Pryor is a good back up QB

Handyman

Reaction score
Saw John Clayton on ESPN today talking about a possible trade of Flynn to Oakland for a swap of picks, if Palmer is released, citing the Reggie McKenzie/Green Bay connection. How high of a swap would be worth it? I'd also be a fan of Flynn for Pryor straight up as mentioned prior.... hah. Anyways... your thoughts?

BBlades89

Reaction score
La Canfora tweeted that the Jags, Bills, & Raiders have all discussed Flynn & a trade could go down by the draft.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1r5046ab said:
Flynn and our second for Jacksonville's second.

Why the hell not?
And then trade back to get more picks :hmmmm:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
BBlades89":38a6fbec said:
La Canfora tweeted that the Jags, Bills, & Raiders have all discussed Flynn & a trade could go down by the draft.

Reunite Flynn with Tjack. Its destiny, baby

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I want a third or higher.

Rapoport just tweeted that New England won't trade Ryan Mallet unless it's for a first or maybe a second. Ryan freakin' Mallet. Even if no team will ever bite on New England's crazy demands, shows the value a good organization places on a capable back-up QB. Also, Hasselbeck is going to make $5 million next year to hold a clipboard for Luck, so don't give me the money argument.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
bestfightstory":3ptswqya said:

Why the hell not?

I'd take that. We'd almost be getting our original first round pick back. Plus Jacksonville has the #1 pick in the second round, if I remember right. That gives us all the time in the world to consider who's left. That's a pretty good deal for our first pick of the draft.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1herx4a5 said:
bestfightstory":1herx4a5 said:

Why the hell not?

I'd take that. We'd almost be getting our original first round pick back. Plus Jacksonville has the #1 pick in the second round, if I remember right. That gives us all the time in the world to consider who's left. That's a pretty good deal for our first pick of the draft.

I'd take that but who says they would?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seahawksfan425":2wdfczeg said:
Seahawk Sailor":2wdfczeg said:
bestfightstory":2wdfczeg said:

Why the hell not?

I'd take that but who says they would?

Eh, they're... Jacksonville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts