Russell Wilson leading workouts in CA

scutterhawk

Reaction score
What I would like to hear, is that some of our DB's go along to provide some obstruction to the practice sessions, it would hone the skills of Wilson, and his Receivers.

OP
OP
chihawk

chihawk

Reaction score
My guess would be that a lot of QBs do NOT do this. There are probably quite a few that do, but not all. I live in Chicago and I don't think Cutler is doing this with his offense. I just heard him on a radio interview a week or so ago and they asked him if he had received a playbook or anything like that from the new coach and he said no, but he was sure that it won't be a problem....they will pick it up once they get going later. There was no indication that he was doing any unofficial camps with his receivers or team mates.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I know there was a lot of this happening during the lockout. Russell's idol, Drew Brees, was probably the QB who got the most attention for it, but I'm sure others did it as well. Will probably become more common now across the league since there are stricter restrictions on official "practice time" during the off-season under the current CBA.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
How do these youngsters get all those vested vets to buy in? I mean, it's all like...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,598

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1eqoozwl said:
twisted_steel2":1eqoozwl said:
First comment after article:

I don't want to sound like a hater I like Russel Wilson and I hope he does well, but the problem with QBs the live off there running ability don't last long in the NFL. Drop back passers win super bowls. Explosive plays happen sometimes, but consistency is key. He needs to learn to drop back and stay in the pocket

Stats while in pocket:

Comp. 198
Att. 305
Pct. % 64.9
Yards 2,449
Yards/att. 8.0
TD-INT 22-8
NFL rating 102.8

Why do I even torture myself reading the comments? :?

Anyways, good stuff, keep it up Wilson!

Unfortunately that is a false opinion that many people have about Russell Wilson. It comes from their only exposure to him being highlights on ESPN and hearing the media talk about what a great running QB he is.

Hopefully this year Wilson can put those opinions to rest (his stats already should have, but hopefully people start to catch on).

Indeed, you get these dumb comments that are regurgitated from other dumb comments posted after other articles by other dumb commenters which then snowballs into an avalanche of dumb comments. The end result at the bottom of the hill is a large steaming pile of whiners fan comments. Ohh, what a truly ugly world we live in, ehh?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chihawk":vpgklr7c said:
.......... I live in Chicago and I don't think Cutler is doing this with his offense. I just heard him on a radio interview a week or so ago and they asked him if he had received a playbook or anything like that from the new coach and he said no, but he was sure that it won't be a problem....they will pick it up once they get going later. There was no indication that he was doing any unofficial camps with his receivers or team mates.

Jay Cutler is the antithesis of the word "leader". Russell Wilson is the very definition of the word.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
No time for sleep. I love that we have someone so dedicated to success, it gives me warm fuzzies all over. :179417: