Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: 5 Strongest NFL Rosters (Seahawks Related)
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:08 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153984/article/nfls-five-strongest-rosters?campaign=Twitter_atl_wesseling

In No Particular Order:

Denver
San Francisco
Seattle
New England
Atlanta

Quote:
The Seahawks of Pete Carroll and John Schneider go bold, taking chances on unconventional players that might not appeal to other teams.

Post subject: Re: 5 Strongest NFL Rosters (Seahawks Related)
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Quote:
"This might be the one team with the luxury of selecting the best player available" ... "the most glaring weak spot is kicker"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:11 pm 
NET Rookie

LOL, Atlanta? $10 says we'll sweep them again this year. We're 11-3 vs. the Falcons since 2006, (7-1 in NO, 4-2 in ATL), with 4 seasons swept in 7 years.

Last time they really swept us was in 2002 (the year of the re-alignment); I say 'really swept' us because they beat us twice in 2005, but that season can't even be counted with all the distress Katrina caused. The "home game" for us was actually in San Antonio. :roll:

pehawk wrote:
I have a boner, right now, as I type this.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:44 pm 
NET Veteran

Any given Sunday my friend. They do have the better roster. Not much debate there

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:04 pm 
NET Veteran

The Yugoslavian wrote:
Any given Sunday my friend. They do have the better roster. Not much debate there

The Falcons have a better roster?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:27 pm 
NET Veteran

IronSaint wrote:
LOL, Atlanta? $10 says we'll sweep them again this year. We're 11-3 vs. the Falcons since 2006, (7-1 in NO, 4-2 in ATL), with 4 seasons swept in 7 years.

Last time they really swept us was in 2002 (the year of the re-alignment); I say 'really swept' us because they beat us twice in 2005, but that season can't even be counted with all the distress Katrina caused. The "home game" for us was actually in San Antonio. :roll:

It's 2013. NO could be 11-3, 14-0, or 0-14 during 2006-2012 and it wouldn't matter when we're talking about 2013. Even then the head-to-head match-up can only offer a small sample size of insight into the head-to-head match-up. NO could, in other words, sweep ATL this coming season and ATL could and likely will still have the better roster.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:30 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

I wouldn't really even argue with the order you posted there. All these teams have some strong rosters, and it's hard to argue the other four teams have worse rosters than the Seahawks, really.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:46 pm 
NET Veteran

zayden185 wrote:
The Yugoslavian wrote:

The Falcons have a better roster?

Then the Saints yes. Do you disagree? The Saints had a historically poor defense last year. Yes they have a good offense but the Falcons do to and considerably less holes on D

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:05 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
I wouldn't really even argue with the order you posted there. All these teams have some strong rosters, and it's hard to argue the other four teams have worse rosters than the Seahawks, really.

I agree, any could be argued for the top spot really. This kind of thing, similar to power polls, if you are in the top area, the top 5 or so are generally interchangeable and all arguable.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I don't know if I put New England on that list. Especially today.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:26 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

The article has the Seahawks at #1, followed by the Broncos and the 9ers. I honestly don't know what the Falcons are doing on a top five list and the Patriots are questionable.

But, I think the wildcard here is that the 9ers are sitting there with five picks in the first 100 draft slots and this draft is strong on what they need - defense. So, I could see the 9ers ending up in better shape than the Broncos making it Seahawks, Niners at 1 and 2 which is pretty epic when you think about it. If we beat them again like we did last season, nobody will be able to knock us off the #1 spot in the power rankings.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]