So, will the Hawks get more national TV on Sundays now?

A

Anonymous

I got to thinking this morning, about how our success last year and recent off-season attention might change how regular Sunday non-primetime games will be seen this year on free TV. It's gotta change a little, right?

I realize that the viewing maps won't change a whole lot so locals can see their teams, but you have to think that we are going to get more Joe Buck/Troy Aikman type commentators and be chosen a bit more for the national, out-of-market, afternoon games in more areas of the country than in the past.

It has always been mostly Dallas and Houston for the early and late game here in this market, but when they both play in the same timeslot, we seem to get whomever the network feels is going to get the best audience. I'm really hoping the networks choose to let more 12's see the Seahawks for a change. This might be the year.

It has always been a pain to read here that so many of us are looking for links all the time. Any chance more of us get to see the games live?

Axx

Reaction score
i think we will have a few more prime time games.

2 Prime Times against niners.
Vs Atlanta Falcons
Vs Colts (Wilson Vs L̶u̶c̶k Hasslebeck)
Vs Houston
Vs New Orleans (Battle of Midget QBs)

drdiags

Reaction score
Maybe.

The networks will still want the NY, Chicago, Boston and Dallas markets. The national games done by Fox #1 crew will still be for Green Bay, NY, Dallas or Washington. Next would be 9ers and Seahawks.

Games against AFC teams, CBS is not going to put their #1 team on a Seahawks game unless it is the Patriots or another big hitter they are playing.

The Sunday Night and Monday Night games would possibly opt for a game or so with the Seahawks. I would look at how the 9ers were telecast last year to get a feel for the exposure the Seahawks will get this year but factor in the 9ers having a more accepted historical brand.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
drdiags":1nra44bh said:
I would look at how the 9ers were telecast last year to get a feel for the exposure the Seahawks will get this year but factor in the 9ers having a more accepted historical brand.

Just glancing at their 2012 schedule, looks like Niners were on Monday Night Football twice and Sunday Night Football three times. Not to mention the Thursday night game against Seattle. Six primetime games? I'll take it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The two CBS games are Jacksonville and Tennessee. I don't see CBS putting much effort into either one of those games.

Games that should garner the most national interest in order that I perceive the national media (ie includes my own bias)

Niners (both games should be huge, given that we are the top two teams in the NFC by most accounts)

NY Giants (always a media darling, only 2nd because of the Niner rivalry)

Falcons (rematch from the playoffs)

Colts (Luck vs. Wilson and both playoff teams)

Saints (this really depends on how they are doing, but there is a reasonable shot they are playoff contenders, just depends on when we play them)

St. Louis (2nd game, and this is a HUGE if and only if they are in contention for a wildcard game later in the season)

Minnesota (given the fact we have Rice & Harvin now, could garner some interest, but will also depend heavily on when it is in the season and if they are out of contention)

Houston (not really much of a market, but if they are playing well enough at the right time of the season it could get a good amount of attention.

Games that won't garner much interest outside local markets

Carolina, Arizona (x2), Jacksonville, Tennessee, St Louis (1st game) & Tampa Bay

JonRud

Reaction score
I predict we will get 3 combined Sun/Mon games and 1 Thu. night game [hopefully at home!]

So I will say 4 primetime games total. I don't think we get more than that.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I see 4 games

SF
@ATL
NO
for sure

I'd guess
@ Hou
@ Ind
@ NYG
STL

Stand a chance, Mabye a thursday nighter with STL would be good. I'd like to see our East Coast games played in primetime instead of in the morning. so @ ATL and @ NYG would be my two prefered prime time games and at least 1 home game.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

If memory serves, we had 3 daytime Sunday games broadcasted nationally.

Is that correct?

drdiags

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":9ult8148 said:

Is that correct?

I would think Patriots, maybe Chicago. Dallas is my other guess since they were coming off beating the Giants, but that is a guess. I remember Moose Johnson being here, so no Aikman/Buck thus probably not national.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2de2wo3q said:
HoustonHawk82":2de2wo3q said:

Is that correct?

I would think Patriots, maybe Chicago. Dallas is my other guess since they were coming off beating the Giants, but that is a guess. I remember Moose Johnson being here, so no Aikman/Buck thus probably not national.

I watched the Dallas game while in Vegas. Not sure if that counts as National since Nevada probably views Dallas like their home team.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
hopefully fewer 10am road games as a result.. though Seahawks again seemed to get a raw deal with schedule makers, this time strength of road schedule compared to the Niners

Cartire

Reaction score
TheWebHead":2gfp7i4o said:
hopefully fewer 10am road games as a result.. though Seahawks again seemed to get a raw deal with schedule makers, this time strength of road schedule compared to the Niners

No one makes the teams up though, those are all determined by a formula.

Where the schedule makers can f' us is east coast time slots. That is yet to be determined.

Latest posts