Last of our Min-Pins & pets

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Last of our Min-Pins & pets
Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 am
  • As most of you know the wife and I rescued Miniature Pinschers for many years. Had more than 20 visit our house for varying lengths of time and then on to new homes. Now and then we kept one and at one time had 3.

Well the last of them Malcom, who had been sick for a day quietly lay down in his dining room basket this morning while the wife was reading the paper and passed away. I was gone at physical therapy and got home to get out the shovel and add another grave in our back yard.

A red male I was pissed when the wife wanted to keep him but he long ago stole my heart. He was a bit more than 11 and that's old for a Min-Pin. We got him when he was 3 the last year of training camp Seahawks party here so he met a great bunch of you.

He spent 3 months on a leash the winter we were gone (cause he tended to bolt) and never made a peep about it.. He was probably the best of our dogs, everyone seemed to love him and he them. Loved to travel and wanted to sit up and look outside as we traveled. Here he is on the bed of our travel trailer being sure we didn't leave without him.

Goodbye Malcom, we loved you dearly and are already feeling the empty house.
    Attachments
    baby3.JPG
    baby3.JPG (55.3 KiB) Viewed 836 times
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Re: Last of the Min-Pins
Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 am
  • I'm sorry Les. :(

He was a lucky little dog, and he passed peacefully.

RIP Malcom
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Re: Last of our Min-Pins & pets
Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 am
  • Les, you are a good man.

Heavy heart today.

But just knowing you gave the dog a good life is comforting...Right?

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:53 am
  • Bummer, man.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 pm
  • Sorry to hear that Les, he seemed like a great personality to have in the family. You did a lot of great things for a lot of little souls, we're all proud of you
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Sorry to hear about that boss, you did good things for the breed and the little ones you kept all these years, you will meet again !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Les, I will give my Min Pin a hug today. I do every day, but this one will be different.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 pm
  • I'm so sorry you lost Malcom Les. It's heartbreaking to lose a cherished loved one.

Seeing Bella's face get grayer seemingly by the day has the thoughts of that imminent day always in the back of my mind. I dread, dread, dread the day.

I feel your pain today. Thinking of you guys.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:56 pm
  • I hate that, been there many time Les, so sorry. Thank you for rescuing them though, I know you don't regret it., and you will always cherish the memories.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:09 pm
  • Sorry to hear it Les. I know Malcolm was special to you..............that's why you trained him to growl at me! LOL!
    Last edited by LymonHawk on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:33 am
  • Pretty empty house this morning and no one to wake me up licking my ear wanting breakfast.

:les:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:20 am
  • my condolences Les... tough to say goodbye to loved ones...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:19 am
  • Sorry to hear that Les.
    My cat Blitz has an autoimmune disease that is kept in check by daily doses of steroids so at some point that will catch up to him... His future is often on my mind. I don't think I will be able to handle it when he goes.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:06 am
  • Well Malcom didn't return this morning.

I know pretty classless , but we miss our boy.

:les:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:21 pm
  • The Radish wrote:As most of you know the wife and I rescued Miniature Pinschers for many years. Had more than 20 visit our house for varying lengths of time and then on to new homes. Now and then we kept one and at one time had 3.

Well the last of them Malcom, who had been sick for a day quietly lay down in his dining room basket this morning while the wife was reading the paper and passed away. I was gone at physical therapy and got home to get out the shovel and add another grave in our back yard.

A red male I was pissed when the wife wanted to keep him but he long ago stole my heart. He was a bit more than 11 and that's old for a Min-Pin. We got him when he was 3 the last year of training camp Seahawks party here so he met a great bunch of you.

He spent 3 months on a leash the winter we were gone (cause he tended to bolt) and never made a peep about it.. He was probably the best of our dogs, everyone seemed to love him and he them. Loved to travel and wanted to sit up and look outside as we traveled. Here he is on the bed of our travel trailer being sure we didn't leave without him.

Goodbye Malcom, we loved you dearly and are already feeling the empty house.

Sorry to hear that Les! :( Try to take solace in the fact you and your wife gave that little dog a good life! My condolences.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information