Feel that 'ol bandwagon tide coming in? lol

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
The Radish":3914hy8j said:
seaNOmercy":3914hy8j said:
I've always been under the impression that a bandwagon fan is someone who changes allegiances to teams from week to week and season to season. A fair weather fan is someone who doesn't necessarily change which team they root for but they only care about a team with passing interest (say they're in the playoffs or made a big comeback and it's on sportscenter or something) and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Some die-hards can become hostile towards those they perceive has being an inferior fan because they feel they've invested more time, energy, and emotion than the other guy.. "How dare they try and take part in this glorious moment when they haven't endured the tragic defeats?!" I think right there is where people can chill out.. If you're a die hard then you KNOW how ecstatic you feel when things are going good so why would you even care what the other guy feels? You know it's not as sweet for them as it is for you! So I say sign up / hop on the wagon and get while the gettin is good because every extra seahawk fan is one less potential 9'er fan, and say it with me - GO HAWKS!!!

You're basically describing the same kind of fan with 2 different words.

But as Bill says, the original band wagon fan is one who really owes no allegience to any team. Kind of like ninnir fans. There have been thousands of them wouldn't be caught dead being a fan until the last 2 years when they are winning again.

Seahawks have lots of those. People that would never have come here or mentioned the Seahawks. Now they are showing up in droves pretending they are knowledgable football fans when in reality they are goggle exspurts.

But it takes all kinds of fans to support a team through various times. You just need to expect it and take them with a grain of salt. After all they are here until the next losing season when its "oh the same old Seahawks" and they go of the map again.

:les:

The distinction I was making was that a bandwagon fan CHANGES teams as it suites them and a fairweather fan roots for ONE team as it suites them. That's why I used 2 different words, that subtle difference makes them distinct from one another. Maybe I should have omitted the word "necessarily" in my description of a fairweather fan but I thought it was pretty clear what I was getting at. The point was entirely moot to begin with as I was just rewording what BlueThunder said... It would have been easier to just say, "Why would a die-hard fan care?".

On to the next thread!

themunn

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":3vm8a89r said:
The distinction I was making was that a bandwagon fan CHANGES teams as it suites them and a fairweather fan roots for ONE team as it suites them. That's why I used 2 different words, that subtle difference makes them distinct from one another. Maybe I should have omitted the word "necessarily" in my description of a fairweather fan but I thought it was pretty clear what I was getting at. The point was entirely moot to begin with as I was just rewording what BlueThunder said... It would have been easier to just say, "Why would a die-hard fan care?".

On to the next thread!

to put it more simply:

Bandwagon fan - supports whoever is winning (so would have supported the Pats, Colts, Saints, Packers etc over last decade)
Fairweather fan - only supports their team when it is winning but doesn't care about football any other time (niner fans)

themunn

Reaction score
Throwdown":1y7am1nt said:
IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.

this entire board goes into meltdown every time we lose

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Oh man, I hate the type of bandwagon fan that just floats around to the latest powerhouse team so they can quasi-celebrate the championship game every year. It's like they never want to experience defeat... I mean it sucks when your team is mediocre, but that's what true allegiance is... sticking with 'em through thick and thin. I don't even understand the mindset of that type of "fan". The 49er dynasty years is a perfect example. They had millions of those types all around the country. Along with them just buying championships in the pre-salary cap years, that's where my deep-rooted hatred of that team began, way before the Seahawks even joined the NFC. And no, Niners fans, this isn't a thread to argue about buying championships...

Subzero717

Reaction score
themunn":w72mbql2 said:
Throwdown":w72mbql2 said:
IMO the best part of bandwagon fans is when the team loses ONE game, and you see them go into meltdown mode. Lord, I love that stuff, makes me smile.

Incorrect. Most of us are level headed. A lot of game day only posters like Toronto or Mcbobly do have toddler meltdowns.

themunn

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1h90ghv2 said:
themunn":1h90ghv2 said:
Throwdown":1h90ghv2 said:

Incorrect. Most of us are level headed. A lot of game day only posters like Toronto or Mcbobly do have toddler meltdowns.

Most of the game day only posters go into meltdown if we go behind at any point. I wish the game day forum posts didn't disappear forever, topics from the end of the first quarter against the Bears, Rams and Redskins would make some good light reading when I feel down

Sac

Reaction score
If you think the game day posts are bad you should see the game day chat.

The very definition of bi-polar.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Oh well all you superior fans that don't meltdown during games.

I frickin freak out. Always have, always will.

I guess that makes those of us bandwagoners.

HUNTER

Reaction score
I had season tickets in 76 and still do, but just found this board lately, do I qualify as bandwagoner?

Hunter :lol:

hawkersuppp23

Reaction score
yo yo wuts good maafoos bandwagon or not i been a fan since the ricky waters..waren moon era oh kennedy was the shiitt...its takeover time y shut down incoming fans lol..lets goo SEAhawks :2:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
hawkersuppp23":1yn8ssnj said:
yo yo wuts good maafoos bandwagon or not i been a fan since the ricky waters..waren moon era oh kennedy was the shiitt...its takeover time y shut down incoming fans lol..lets goo SEAhawks :2:

this guy sounds like a niner spy

The Radish

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2hwvcimg said:
hawkersuppp23":2hwvcimg said:

lets goo SEAhawks! hahahahahahaha

Snazel is that you? Or is it Dave?

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
The Radish":2b7omh5y said:
NJSeaHawk":2b7omh5y said:
hawkersuppp23":2b7omh5y said:

lets goo SEAhawks! hahahahahahaha

Snazel is that you? Or is it Dave?

Yeah, I know huh? I mean, I love my Seahawks, but not enough to "goo" 'em... Sheesh... :mrgreen:

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
Just going to make resale tickets even more expensive. I will definitely have to get them when they go on sale this year at Seahawks.com.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
So since I'm so new, I'm a bandwagon fan, but I wasn't screaming for Flynn every time we lost a game early on in the season. So where does that put me? level-headed bandwagon fan?

Throwdown

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2t3balba said:
themunn":2t3balba said:
Throwdown":2t3balba said:

Man you really gotta see Fox0r in the chat, that stuff is COMEDY!

gadgor

Reaction score
I'm kind of new here. My first post was after the Dolphins game and I DECLARED that the Seahawks would beat the Bears. Everyone thought I was on crack and laughed at me :(.

Throwdown

Reaction score
gadgor":78zduyh4 said:
I'm kind of new here. My first post was after the Dolphins game and I DECLARED that the Seahawks would beat the Bears. Everyone thought I was on crack and laughed at me :(.

Its okay, I said we would lose again after that... No one wanted to believe me.

The Radish

Reaction score
gspin2k1":6mmj76pm said:
So since I'm so new, I'm a bandwagon fan, but I wasn't screaming for Flynn every time we lost a game early on in the season. So where does that put me? level-headed bandwagon fan?

Can't call newbies bandwagonaires cause we don't know their team backgrounds. For now we're just happy to have you here with us.

:th2thumbs: