Rumor....Urlacher

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Bobby was a better player than Urlacher last year. He had twice as many tackles, more sacks, and INT's. In every way Bobby was better and healthier. I also might add that Bobby out performed Lofa's rookie year as well. It's ludicrious IMO to say that He'd "Be a big upgrade over Bobby."

I can't wait to see this Lbing corps with another year under their belts. I think Wagner and KJ are going to have great year's and I think we'll see Malcolm Smith take the Will job.

pehawk

Reaction score
IBleed, from one antagonist to another, good job. Look at the rubes lining up to argue.

Bravo!

pehawk

Reaction score
And now its moved, for no reason. A good rumor, by a trusted source.

bellingerga

Reaction score
JSeahawks":303h0org said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":303h0org said:
I would love to see the Hawks sign him. I think he still has a lot left in the tank and would be an big upgrade over Bobby Wagner, who I fully expect to regress significantly this year. Brian Urlacher is what this team needs to get to the next level and be truly elite.

:snack:

Just curious what makes you think Wagner will regress signifigantly?

Personally, i suppose if its for near the vet minimum i'd be fine with it. Otherwise, no thank you on Urlacher.

I'm curious too, as I've seen absolutely nothing to make me think he will regress.

IBleedBlueAndGreen, what makes you "fully expect" him to regress significantly?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1kya7s3h said:
jkitsune":1kya7s3h said:
JSeahawks":1kya7s3h said:
Just curious what makes you think Wagner will regress signifigantly?

Personally, i suppose if its for near the vet minimum i'd be fine with it. Otherwise, no thank you on Urlacher.
I think he's trolling you guys, j.

Just enjoying my beer and popcorn waiting to see who would be the first one to bite.

1 ban for trolling coming up! :th2thumbs:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Considering he felt shafted when the Bears offerd him $2.5 I'd suspect he thinks he's worth more than that. I didn't watch enough of him last year to see how much of a step he has lost but he would be a good leader and I think Wagner would be a fine WLB. I'm not sold he's the best option out there FA or Draft but if it doesn't hurt us renegotiating Kam and helps us with the flexability to draft a #2 TE and a 6'2+ WR I'm in.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
pehawk":2zy1tg7r said:
What's wrong with Urlacher as backup and toy to use on rushing downs/blitzes/spot duty?

He can't blitz anymore, he can't cover. In no way is he an upgrade.

pehawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":23qnxfnk said:
pehawk":23qnxfnk said:
What's wrong with Urlacher as backup and toy to use on rushing downs/blitzes/spot duty?

He can't blitz anymore, he can't cover. In no way is he an upgrade.

Maybe. But maybe not as much in spot or back-up duties? Dude just gets worn down, he cant do a full season as a starter anymore.

Not sure where I said he'd be an upgrade?

At this point, Urlacher would come here for peanuts and a chance to win a ring. So, why not as depth?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3fr7zhch said:
Considering he felt shafted when the Bears offerd him $2.5 I'd suspect he thinks he's worth more than that.

I heard an interview with him where he basically admitted he felt insulted by the bears for offering him so little after all his years of service and effort, and then said that he wouldn't ever settle for that kind of money and then quickly added on something to the amount of ". . . at least not from the bears.".

IMO he would be a good depth guy along with a strong veteran leader for an otherwise young defense, if he came cheap and understood that role.

having "veteran leadership" gets brought up a lot but sometimes it makes more sense than others, I think for this seahawks team that is so young he could definitely help our D keep things in perspective heading into a year where expectations will be high and the spotlight will be on them.

warden

Reaction score
Urlacher's game had so much to do with his speed. Unfortunately he has lost a step

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Claden":1pmn57p8 said:
It's Singletary isn't it?

Funny, was going to ask, could it possibly be another Chicago linebacker?

Sac

Reaction score
...i don't think Wagz and KJ need a mentor at this point other than their LB coach. And he's a hell of a mentor. Keep old man Urlacher away and draft Zarian Gooden please.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":17e94gww said:
This would be stupid.

We built this team based on youth. We don't need washed up old has been.

Not true sir. We built this team's foundation with youth and not being committed long-term and big money investments in old players. The occasional savvy vet, especially to reinforce a position dominated by youth has been a very common theme throughout this regime's tenure.

That being said, I dont know if I like the idea at all. Think I'll pass and still manage to get a good nights rest. :229031_shrug: