Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 pm
  • We have some pretty great Seahawks/Wilson videos out there right now, but I wish one of them was half as cool as this.

This video reminded me of something. Not only did both Brady/Wilson battle the odds to play in the NFL, but they weren't even wanted by their college coaches despite their excellence on the field. Michigan only begrudgingly played Tom Brady after giving Drew Henson every possible chance to take Brady's job. Why? Because Brady was some nobody and Henson was an all-american prospect. Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

I'd love to see a fan documentary like this for Wilson in ten years time. I think he's going to have a very similar career when it's all said and done.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Re: Pretty awesome fan video of Tom Brady
Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 pm
  • Pretty epic. Pretty awesome.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:05 pm
  • Wow that video drips of epicness... Thanks for sharing bro. Only criticism is I wish it had more wide angle highlights in the middle of the video but everything else was top notch. Good find dude

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 pm
  • Pretty good video.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:30 pm
  • Damned good editing on that video, no doubt about it.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:45 pm
  • Wait till RW3 wins a few Super Bowls and cements his status as a legend. He'll get his videos.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• I hate the Patriots more then most, but Brady is a HoFer and that was a beast video. My heart started to sink when it got to the SB36 highlight but luckily they hardly showed anything from it.
    Fitz the Ram
    NET Rookie

• kearly wrote:We have some pretty great Seahawks/Wilson videos out there right now, but I wish one of them was half as cool as this.

Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

I'd love to see a fan documentary like this for Wilson in ten years time. I think he's going to have a very similar career when it's all said and done.

The two themes match only somewhat. Wilson's coach at NC state was rankled about Russ missing some of their off/pre season program because of baseball. I would give that the most weight in the decision to go with Glennon. Him being an All-American prospect just made the decision easier.

There's still plenty of material with which to right a documentary though. :cool:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• This is what a well made video looks like. The problem with the ones I have seen of Wilson is that they all have garbage music blaring in them that make a person have to mute it just to watch.

I think you will see a few good ones like this of Wilson done in a few years. They will be just as inspiring and will tell the story of someone doing well despite what the critics said.
    OrFan
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

Um, no.
    pocketprotector
    NET Starter

• I found it interesting in the Super Bowl 37 highlights, when they showed the infamous "tuck" fumble, they edited out the parts that show Brady tripping up the lineman :lol:
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• pocketprotector wrote:
    kearly wrote:Wilson was essentially pushed out of NC State in favor of Mike Glennon, despite everything Wilson did for that program. Why? Because Wilson was some nobody and Glennon was an all-american prospect.

Um, no.

The way I heard it was that when Wilson skipped spring practice to pursue baseball, they went with Glennon. Tom O'Brien was quick to say that Wilson lacked dedication to the program. The big but here is that rumors were they wanted Glennon to start anyway, Wilson was not recruited by that coaching staff. They were happy to move on, and quick to rescind Wilson's scholarship when they got the chance.

lesser known fact: Wilson almost went to Auburn instead of Wisconsin.

Besides, if you are going to disagree, post something besides a denial. that is something only a jerk like me would do.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I don't think it was as devious as all that. Wilson was considering turning pro in baseball, and there was some question as to whether he would be back for his senior year of eligibility. At the same time, there was speculation that Glennon was considering transferring. Glennon also completed his degree in three years, going into his redshirt junior year, and could have also been a "free agent" the way Wilson was. Seemed to me that there was a very real possibility that they were going to lose both star QBs, so they made a difficult decision based on Glennon's extra year of eligibility and the uncertainty around Wilson's future in baseball.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:lesser known fact: Wilson almost went to Auburn instead of Wisconsin.

I am still grumbling about this. :177692:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:01 pm
  • There are reasons to think they preferred Glennon and I always interpreted the baseball reasoning for letting Wilson go as an excuse by that coaching staff. Many college quarterbacks have dabbled in minor league baseball while still continuing their college football careers. It's not an either/or thing.

I'm not at all bashing those coaches. Just like the Michigan coaches, they were just doing what they thought was best for their program. Wilson was a total nobody that worked his way to being a starter, he was kind of like their Keith Price. If UW had the slightest excuse to ditch Price for any of their 4-star recruit backups right now I'm sure they'd pounce on it. I think Michigan truly believed that Henson was the better QB, because he was supposed to be the better QB. Same thing with Glennon.

That's why I made the comparison, because both had to deal with coaching staffs that wanted a more highly touted quarterback on that roster to start over them. That was a frustration that both quarterbacks had to deal with. Both Wilson and Brady play with a huge chip on their shoulders. It sounds like Russell Wilson talked about this aspect during his combine interviews based on what Carroll indicated. So in a way, their struggle for respect even in college was a part of what made both great.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I like this Brady fan video better:

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• kearly wrote:There are reasons to think they preferred Glennon and I always interpreted the baseball reasoning for letting Wilson go as an excuse by that coaching staff. Many college quarterbacks have dabbled in minor league baseball while still continuing their college football careers. It's not an either/or thing.

I'm not at all bashing those coaches. Just like the Michigan coaches, they were just doing what they thought was best for their program. Wilson was a total nobody that worked his way to being a starter, he was kind of like their Keith Price. If UW had the slightest excuse to ditch Price for any of their 4-star recruit backups right now I'm sure they'd pounce on it. I think Michigan truly believed that Henson was the better QB, because he was supposed to be the better QB. Same thing with Glennon.

That's why I made the comparison, because both had to deal with coaching staffs that wanted a more highly touted quarterback on that roster to start over them. That was a frustration that both quarterbacks had to deal with. Both Wilson and Brady play with a huge chip on their shoulders. It sounds like Russell Wilson talked about this aspect during his combine interviews based on what Carroll indicated. So in a way, their struggle for respect even in college was a part of what made both great.

This is just foolish. Wilson was not a nobody after year his junior year. He was a legend. He had beat UNC thrice, including an ungodly thrashing his freshman year. He was approaching all of Rivers passing records. This had nothing to do with star rankings or the coaches wanting Glennon more. It was simple. Wilson had a contract with the Rockies and would not commit to playing another year of football. Glennon wanted a commitment or he was going to transfer. The coaches made that commitment, and only after finding out that he couldn't hit a curve ball did Wilson decide to give football another year. But a promise had already been made by a coach who was facing the possibility of having no serviceable qb's for the next two years. Your attempts to paint it up like Glennon was favored because he was a TOB recruit who had more recruiting stars is just plain ignorant.
    pocketprotector
    NET Starter

• I think you missed my point and are arguing purely on semantics. I'm not saying you are wrong on anything, but take a step back and try to consider the "gist" of what I mean rather than getting hung up on 1 detail. That coaching staff favored Glennon. They had some good reasons to. They undervalued Wilson. They had an excuse to move on, and they exercised it.

And since you are new I should say: don't go using attack words like "foolish," or at least be more careful about the tone when you do. That's a no-no. No reason to take it to that level. I know you may not have meant it personally, but this is the internet where things are often read in the worst possible light. Best to talk carefully just in case. Nobody likes E-fights.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 pm
  • [youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jgEQ2jHQn3k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

my favorite of him
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

• The very first article I found about Wilson leaving NC state.
    Russell Wilson is leaving N.C. State.

But apparently, he doesn't really want to.

Late last week, N.C. State announced in a statement that it had released the star quarterback from his scholarship. On Saturday, however, Russell said that he wasn't really "released" from anything; instead, the quarterback said, he was pushed out of the program by coach Tom O'Brien, who had seemingly has grown tired of Wilson's juggling act between football and minor-league baseball.

"I really want the fans, N.C. State alumni and most of all my teammates to know if I had been given an equal opportunity to compete for the starting job, I would not have asked for my release," Wilson told the Observer.

Wilson accepted the offer from the Rockies right after his father died. Surely some leeway on not playing spring ball could have been extended. Wilson's desire to play both sports was well known to Tom O'Brien, and O'Brien only chose to make an issue of it when Glennon threatened to walk.

The simple truth is this: What Wilson did at Wisconsin only helped him prove he was NFL ready. The faith he has inspired from people shortly after meeting him is astounding. It took Pete one minicamp to say Russell was competing for the starting job. It took the Wisconsin coach one practice to know he had someone special. I remember him saying that if the Seahawks had a fair competition, Wilson would absolutely win it. It took Coach Trestman a few minutes on the kid's couch when he came out of high school to think Wilson could someday play in the NFL.

So why was O'Brien the one guy who saw Wilson play first hand and was blind to what was in front of him?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:31 am
  • Not to take anything from that fantastic editing job, but the majority of those images and sound clips were taken from the "Brady 6" documentary. If there were a similar documentary around for Wilson, I'm sure a Wilson fan would have already done the same thing.

I think the real point here is to hope that one day a real documentary gets made for Wilson after he wins a couple Super Bowls.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:21 pm
  • I'm a lifelong Buckeyes fan who absolutely hates everything that is Boston area sports. Yet, even I can't get it in me to truly hate Brady, despite the fact that I own a Bernard Pollard Fan Club t-shirt stamped with the date that Pollard tore Brady's ACL. He's a respectable guy and one of the all-time great stories in pro sports.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• I admire and respect Tom Brady. He had every opportunity to fail, for years on end, but instead, he made sure that the took every opportunity to succeed. My only question to Mr. Brady is this: "Why didn't you put on weight for the combine?"
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Rat wrote:despite the fact that I own a Bernard Pollard Fan Club t-shirt stamped with the date that Pollard tore Brady's ACL.

Pehawk, does this rate as creepy?
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I thought it was okay. Out of order and thought the tuck rule play was odd. Plus four years from now when Wilson is sporting all kinds of bling NFLN will make an hour long football life about him and we can all rip it off.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Thoughts on Kearly's video:

Where-oh-where would the NFL be today if they hadn't decided to actually use someone's nerdy little gimmick of slowing the motion down on film by filming it faster.

Thoughts on JSeahawks' video:

That made me laugh and gag at the same time, but whoever sang that had a lot of talent and a helluva singing voice. That was no cheezy recording.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information