Bennett...torn rotator cuff?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":25wpmu6h said:
RichNhansom":25wpmu6h said:
I had rotator cuff surgery last year at 50 years old and was back to work with no restrictions in two weeks. This doesn't even help to explain the discounted price IMO. It's so common and as long as the surgery isn't screwed up, it is very easy to come back 100% in no time.

However, every person heals differently. Your experience doesn't translate to Bennett.

That being said, I expect he will be fine. And actually, it does explain the discount more than anything else.

Given that Bennett is an elite athlete, I'd bet on the guy's shoulder healing faster than that of the average person.

I also had a torn rotator cuff (nearly competely torn suprasinits tendon) and a busted up shoulder capsule last year. Mine healed pretty quick with prolotherapy (PRP or stem cell therapy is used in the same manner with a lot of athletes now) and press/pull up programming quickly.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2bqwfmst said:
Hawkfan77":2bqwfmst said:
Tech Worlds":2bqwfmst said:
Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.
You actually think our FO didn't know about this?

Didn't say they didn't. I am just hoping they arnt banking on him, ala Jones, and have other guys that can step in.

Reading comprehension
Yep they are just going to pay him $5 million to sit on the sidelines...fingers crossed he never plays :sarcasm_off:

And I highly doubt even you can comprehend what you type

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
sa_seahawker":16w9qjp2 said:
I guess they decided to skip the team physical before signing him?! :thsnooty:

Not likiely! Our Front Office wasn't "born yesterday"! MRI's can show the extent of the injury....that is the key point!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1osbb7mr said:
Tech Worlds":1osbb7mr said:
Hawkfan77":1osbb7mr said:
Tech Worlds said:
Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.
You actually think our FO didn't know about this?

Didn't say they didn't. I am just hoping they arnt banking on him, ala Jones, and have other guys that can step in.

Reading comprehension
Yep they are just going to pay him $5 million to sit on the sidelines...fingers crossed he never plays :sarcasm_off:

You might be correct because you obviously can't.

sutz

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":c81n6mgq said:
sa_seahawker":c81n6mgq said:
I guess they decided to skip the team physical before signing him?! :thsnooty:

Not likiely! Our Front Office wasn't "born yesterday"! MRI's can show the extent of the injury....that is the key point!
This. I would take it to mean that team doctors and experts have evaluated it and were certain they could repair it surgically, rehab it, and have him ready to play this summer. Nothing else makes sense. Nobody gets signed without a physical.

mikeak

Reaction score
Here is my only issue. - why not structure a deal that kicks in a five year contract if either certain things are accomplished or he is in the roster next year. Now if he plays great this year we are bidding against everyone else.

I guess I just don't think that is the only reason it was a one year deal. I think that is way more because of Kam, Sherman erc needing new contracts....

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
mikeak":1tuvqzwk said:
Here is my only issue. - why not structure a deal that kicks in a five year contract if either certain things are accomplished or he is in the roster next year. Now if he plays great this year we are bidding against everyone else.

I guess I just don't think that is the only reason it was a one year deal. I think that is way more because of Kam, Sherman erc needing new contracts....

It works out best for both sides, he can sign a fat contract next year and I think our hope is that we can let him go next year and develop our own interior pass rusher (Scruggs?) much cheaper.

Claden

Reaction score
Plenty of time to get fully healed up. Especially with the type of doctors and the type of treatments these guys get.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3izzpakb said:

No need to be a jerk to him, but the original poster did kind of knee-jerk (no-pun-intended). Yes he's the main source of our inside pass rush, that's why we paid him so much money. He'll be fine.

Largent80

Reaction score
If he were a pitcher or QB, I would be concerned.

We should still invest in our D-Line since we have some cap space.

mikeak

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":35rv9fl7 said:
mikeak":35rv9fl7 said:

It works out best for both sides, he can sign a fat contract next year and I think our hope is that we can let him go next year and develop our own interior pass rusher (Scruggs?) much cheaper.

I completely agree which is what I meant with the rotator cuff not being the only reason why it was a one year deal. It may have been why he signed the one-year deal with us and nobody else offered more but from a Seahawks perspecitve there were more reasons

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
I'm recovering from a slap tear of my labrum, torn rotator cuff and torn superspinatus ligament from last december. My recovery timeline is 12-18 months. I go to physical therapy twice a week. He should be able to come back from the torn rotator cuff much faster having medical attention everyday.

mikeak

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":1wqzp64j said:
I'm recovering from a slap tear of my labrum, torn rotator cuff and torn superspinatus ligament from last december. My recovery timeline is 12-18 months. I go to physical therapy twice a week. He should be able to come back from the torn rotator cuff much faster having medical attention everyday.

and you know not having to get to work everyday except rehabing :)

12thMan1

Reaction score
Think of the 1 year deal as an insurance policy to hold on to him. If it turns out that he wasn't worth keeping on the roster, we wouldn't be losing very much gauranteed money. But it does raise another question. If the front office wasn't able to strike a deal with Bennett for a multi year deal after this upcoming season, could the FO place a franchise tag on him?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
They certainly could, but would they want to is the question.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Hawknight":2puzx6zs said:
Season over :327321_Spy_23.22: :sarcasm_off:

In addition, I expect the backlash to destroy any NFC west team from competing for the division. In an unprecedented move the Chargers will be awarded the NFC West playoff berth after no NFC west team manages to achieve more than 2 wins.