The Ravens Won't Win More Than 5 Games (amended to 6 or less

pinksheets

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ik7qama said:
They'll be a playoff team. Ozzie Newsome is one of the best in the business. He'll put a winner on the field.
Yeah, I think so, too. He's lost some decent players who'd have been nice to re-sign like Cary Williams and Ellerbee, but they've also let other teams overpay guys like Paul Kruger and let guys like Ed Reed walk for the kind of money they want. This team drafts exceptionally well, makes prudent moves, and even though I'm not sure I like the amount he's getting paid, brought in Dumervil as a solid improvement over Kruger for less than Paul got in FA. The Ravens are just dealing with what we'll inevitably have to deal with if we're going to be any good, paying big money to their homegrown guys who have earned it, being forced to let guys you'd love to keep for the right price walk when they command the wrong one, and making smart value moves + continuing to draft well to stay relevant and stocked.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Okay. they got Dumerville. Hip hip hooray. I will confess to low-balling them with 5 wins and am willing to concede they MAY get to six.

But that is all.

They will NOT win the division an they will NOT make the playoffs.

Six wins MAXIMUM.

Cincy or Cleveland take the division and I will be wagering it is Cincy (who has three draft picks in the first two rounds).

BOOK IT

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1d6iikki said:
I'm gonna predict at least 9 wins for the Ravens next season.

Care to make some kind of phony internet tough-guy wager, Leif?

Absolutely, what do you have in mind?

pehawk

Reaction score
Unlike any of you, I dont care who wins the bet, I JUST want the terms met.

And, keep Matt out of this, honestly. And he'll do the same. You guys all used to be friends, and I remember when you we're Matt's daughter, peaches, so I know you love him. Problem is you've forgotten how to love, peaches. It's sad, really. Peaches is running around here seeking the .net equivalent of a hair tussle (don’t do it peaches, just don’t!).

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":32pigxvo said:
bestfightstory":32pigxvo said:
peachesenregalia":32pigxvo said:
I'm gonna predict at least 9 wins for the Ravens next season.

Care to make some kind of phony internet tough-guy wager, Leif?

Absolutely, what do you have in mind?

I'll admit, I wasn't prepared for you to accept. Nothing monetary, as I think that's against forum rules. Ok, how about this, if I win, you're no longer allowed to make your unfunny schtick-type posts in response to people EXCEPT for Mystery Matt, who you will disparage at every turn. this includes no more allusions to Largent80's 16-1 bet, or any other of your thinly-veiled snarky comments or remarks. You can only reply with serious statements, questions or observations, until the beginning of the 2014 season. You can, however, troll Mystery Matt until your heart's content.

You can come up with my forfeit should I lose the wager. naturally, we'll both have to agree to these respective forfeits. Perhaps the mods could help us enforce? I dunno.

The part about Matt is stupid and invalidates everything else you wrote. I don't think the mods want involvement in this either. Try again, if you like.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1w1wsnex said:
Alright then, beardy-ballicks. What'd YOU have in mind?

I will think on it today. As of yet, we haven't established the language of the bet. I believe you said the Ravens would win Nine games. I said no more than five, initially. Recently I adjusted to six...

So what of seven and eight?? Are they a push/no action?

Re: stakes.... I'd be down with a 100 dollar donation to .NET but I don't think it would be right to take your wife's money...

Lets think on it.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Pansy-ish? Really? You don't know me well enough to suggest I am prone to pansy, I wouldn't think. How about a $300 donation and a 2 month ban from .NET?? (To commence one week after the Super Bowl)? 3month?

The delayed enforcement is a bit pansyish, I'm sure, for a big tough brute like yourself, benji, but I wouldn't feel good about taking away the thrill of a Seahawks Super Bowl Run on .NET over a silly bet. And I am not willing to risk that, for myself, either.

Again, lets think on it.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1nuxlh2l said:
bestfightstory":1nuxlh2l said:
Pansy-ish? Really? You don't know me well enough to suggest I am prone to pansy, I wouldn't think. How about a $300 donation and a 2 month ban from .NET?? (To commence one week after the Super Bowl)? 3month?

The delayed enforcement is a bit pansyish, I'm sure, for a big tough brute like yourself, benji, but I wouldn't feel good about taking away the thrill of a Seahawks Super Bowl Run on .NET over a silly bet. And I am not willing to risk that, for myself, either.

Again, lets think on it.

See, you're just barking up the wrong'un with all that. It needs to be something funny for the other party, not vindictive. Do you still have the beard? What about you shaving off the beard and going beardless for the entire offseason if you lose?

That's way too easy. I almost always do that. My beard generally grows mid-August until April.

hidn

Reaction score
This is what you guys should do.

Loser makes this their avatar:
155262d1287023635 regarding subarus shane macgowan

and puts in their signature:

....Yes, my avatar is me ....

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Can somebody make sure Wenhawk sees this thread so he can distribute the proper amount of crow should these predictions turn out to be INCORRECT?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Ravens still have Ray Rice who singlehandedly won the game against San Diego after their defense blew yet another lead. Flacco shows elite play every once in awhile too (even if he got an outrageous contract) and their secondary is pretty young/talented. They have great coaches on both sides of the ball as well. Obviously not having Ray and Ed will hurt them but someone else will step up. Browns won't do anything until they get a quarterback and even then Josh Gordon is their only decent wide receiver. Trent will be good this year but they just aren't complete enough to compete. Average pass rush, no safeties, Joe Haden can only do so much. The fact they signed Jason Campbell proves they still are the same Browns of old.

Bengals will get better but Andy Dalton is average. If AJ Green wasn't the next Megatron his stats would be much worse. I don't see them making much noise in the playoffs until they get a better QB or Andy Dalton becomes a great system quarterback like Hasselbeck became for us, but even then Matt understood the West Coast Offense better than most.

Steelers are old and have no playmakers on offense. Defense continues to be old. I can see them being below .500 for the next few seasons.

AFC is average and will be for the next few years so I can still see two teams coming from this division, but Ravens will be in the playoffs.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Post Draft and OTAs. I'm still all in on Cincy winning the division and no way in Hell Baltimore sees the playoffs as many in this thread believe.

kearly

Reaction score
The Ravens did lose a lot, and they didn't exactly clear the bar by a ton to make the playoffs last year. But Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GMs in the game and he just had a pretty strong draft (again). Dumerville is an upgrade over Kruger, IMO. I'm starting to wonder about Flacco too. He was sensational in every postseason game. Every single game his passer rating was 110+. Did Flacco just turn the corner? Smith and Rice are pretty darn good too. I'm keeping an eye on that offense.

I do think BFS is right about one thing though (and remember, BFS picked the Ravens for the SB before last year, we had the same SB prediction). Anyway, he's right about Cincy. I'd expect Cincy to take the division this year. Cincy is young and they are tough. They are about the closest thing the AFC has to the 49ers or Seahawks.

BigNastyyy

Reaction score
Ozzie is one of the best in the business. you guys need to trust him more. IMO ravens are better this year then last. Their draft was strong and they plugged a lot of holes they needed to cover. with the additions of Marcus spears, and chris canty through free agency that allows Ngata to move over to full time DT, which he is very dominate. and with brandon williams to take over terrance cody IMO they have the best D Line in the league with a deep rotation. Arthur brown should be a very good MLB to take over ellerbe, and they picked up Daryl Smith who when healthy is a potential pro bowl LB'er. Bernard pollard was good but was a liability in coverage and Ed reed lost a step. Michael Huff is a stop gate, but he can get it done. And Matt elam should be great for the ravens. They will bring a top 10 defense to the field in 2013 BOOK IT!!. on offense they are essentially the same except for the loss of Boldin. I believe this is the big move that will hurt them the most. If they do not win the division it will be because another receiver on their team does not step up and take some production away from Boldin. Outside of boldin and Smith I think all the other WR's on the roster had a total of like 20 catches or something.. So if they can get a WR to step up and take on some production then I believe they will win the division and go deep in the playoffs. You heard it here first folks. oh and BestFightStory... you can BOOK THAT

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
People are underestimating Baltimore's upcoming season, but they're not going to the Super Bowl again, certainly.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
It's the 2nd quarter of the first game of the season and I already know I am

INCORRECT

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nice resurrection there. :) Ozzie is a genius. But they are desperate for wr help. Then a rookie takes out Jacoby. Flacco is Mann though. As is Ray Rice

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":35gt0nx6 said:
bestfightstory":35gt0nx6 said:
It's the 2nd quarter of the first game of the season and I already know I am

INCORRECT

It's alright. I won't keep bringing it up to mock you like '16-1'.

The difference is I never lied and can admit when I am wrong.

Nice try, though, stalker.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
peaches is officially back on ignore and my .NET experience is better again.

Latest posts