NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinksheets

Reaction score
His participation will just be conditional on him selling his GSW share if he gets the Kings.

Isn't it odd that the new frontman and hero of the Sacramento movement is a guy with a decent stake in the nearest team and obvious choice to fill that TV market if the Kings leave? What is there to gain from winning over current Kings fans? I wonder....

Tumblr lwuu709zBG1qb9pa3o1 500

pinksheets

Reaction score
Sac announces their arena deal.

$258m public contribution, $190 private. The devil will be in the details, as there could be a lot of ground for legal challenges for how Sac wants to fund this thing. Basically money laundering.

Sac

Reaction score
pinksheets":kjm8j94g said:

$258m public contribution, $190 private. The devil will be in the details, as there could be a lot of ground for legal challenges for how Sac wants to fund this thing. Basically money laundering.

Sac will fund this in a legit manner

pinksheets

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":cnhphuzf said:
pinksheets":cnhphuzf said:

Sac will fund this in a legit manner

From the last arena deal, it was acknowledged that California state law prohibits parking revenue from being spent on anything besides maintenance, garages, etc. The plan detailed in that deal, if still the same, was to use the parking revenue to pay off debts on garages and use the funds they were going to otherwise use on said debts towards the arena. That's either going to be a hell of a loophole or considered an attempt to circumvent the law, I don't know.

The other issue is going to be the city's attempt to use a de facto non-profit to issue bonds to try to not make the city's poor credit and existing debt a factor in this. There's talk the IRS might not consider that kosher. We'll still see the specifics, but just from what Shirey had said, this deal has the potential for far more significant legal challenges than Seattle's and will be rammed through in 2 days, a process of just due diligence and consideration that was given 4 months in Seattle. Different political climates, though, obviously. A deal like this would never, ever fly in Seattle, nor would the non-evidence based claim that a sports arena is going to be the centerpiece in revitalizing an economy.

pinksheets

Reaction score
And it's oddly convenient that the arena deal was't announced and won't be released until after the 3 public forums on the arena have already occurred. A deliberate attempt to avoid transparency, obviously, but it doesn't seem like it'll catch much flack in Sacramento.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm still not worried about it, our arena plan is strong, ownership group could buy 100 Ranadive's & Mastrov's if they felt like it.

Shaz

Reaction score
Blitzer88":muqeklnc said:
Time to re-pack the Sonics gear...........again.......... :34853_doh:

Hey! You know daggone well you overreact

Calmeth Downeth dudeth

The Outfield

Reaction score
$258m in public contribution? Wow, that's a lot for a dying team in a city that could really use that money for other things.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2gqmappm said:
Blitzer88":2gqmappm said:
Time to re-pack the Sonics gear...........again.......... :34853_doh:

wait.... what are you basing that off of?

It was in reference to something Throwdown said earlier in this thread about how with the up and down nature of this story I have unpacked and repacked my Sonics gear based on that days developments.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
pinksheets":2r5mv9c9 said:
His participation will just be conditional on him selling his GSW share if he gets the Kings.

Isn't it odd that the new frontman and hero of the Sacramento movement is a guy with a decent stake in the nearest team and obvious choice to fill that TV market if the Kings leave? What is there to gain from winning over current Kings fans? I wonder....

Tumblr lwuu709zBG1qb9pa3o1 500
He ha. I see what you're getting at.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well looks like the Kings have announced another whale to their group. The Jacobs family who owns Quallcom. And of course the Sac-Town City Council is gonna vote on the arena plan and that is expected to pass. Listening to interviews lately it seems that the Sacramento group seems to have a upper hand on us now or at least thats what my cautious pessimist mind believes. Seems like the the potential trouble that Sac was in last week by not getting their arena plan announced then seems to have turned into great momentum for them.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lol bro if they keep their team so be it, they're still gonna be the same ol garbage franchise they've always been, being in Seattle could've saved em from that.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'm with Throw. If they show great, if not we will have a team soon enough. Stern wants it. It will happen.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3hlp5hk0 said:
Well looks like the Kings have announced another whale to their group. The Jacobs family who owns Quallcom. And of course the Sac-Town City Council is gonna vote on the arena plan and that is expected to pass. Listening to interviews lately it seems that the Sacramento group seems to have a upper hand on us now or at least thats what my cautious pessimist mind believes. Seems like the the potential trouble that Sac was in last week by not getting their arena plan announced then seems to have turned into great momentum for them.

DON'T FALL FOR IT, BLITZER!!! Put that Sonics gear back on!

KJ's always going to talk his mess, and I want to fight him. So Sac, hit up the connect and make it happen! Homies been running his mouth too much for my liking, freakin' cheeseball.

Hansen gave corporate sponsorship numbers to the NBA and those obviously aren't too shabby, along with the RSN deal that would be up to 5x bigger than it would be in Sacramento.

We're playing the money card, and always have been throughout this whole deal. As many of us in Washington know, the NBA gives absolutely ZERO you know whats about loyalty and all that jazz, because if they did there wouldn't be a team in OKC right now.

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":304ykh5s said:
Blitzer88":304ykh5s said:

DON'T FALL FOR IT, BLITZER!!! Put that Sonics gear back on!

KJ's always going to talk his mess, and I want to fight him. So Sac, hit up the connect and make it happen! Homies been running his mouth too much for my liking, freakin' cheeseball.

Hansen gave corporate sponsorship numbers to the NBA and those obviously aren't too shabby, along with the RSN deal that would be up to 5x bigger than it would be in Sacramento.

We're playing the money card, and always have been throughout this whole deal. As many of us in Washington know, the NBA gives absolutely ZERO you know whats about loyalty and all that jazz, because if they did there wouldn't be a team in OKC right now.

CHUUUUUUUUUUUCH!!!!!

Sac

Reaction score
Throwdown":w8gbpct7 said:

Can't do it. Kings need to stay here. Two wrongs don't make a right.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1hpd3t2b said:
Throwdown":1hpd3t2b said:

Can't do it. Kings need to stay here. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Difference is it actually makes financial sense for Seattle to have a basketball team. Sac was losing money on the Kings for years and will have to borrow a lot of money from an already bankrupt state to help fund it. But yeah... go ahead and think the situations are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.