Speaking of WR's

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Fans in Baltimore don't seem to have such a rosy outlook on Boldin as everyone here seems to have. Sure he balled in the playoffs and had like 4 touchdown, but I think in the past two regular seasons he's like 4 touchdowns this year and like 3 last year. I've also heard although he is a crafty receiver and knows how to get YAC, he is super slow, like one of the slowest receivers in the NFL. This could hurt him even more as he continues to get older. Not sure I would sign him to a big contract.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":1b6k1nif said:
I think I like Kruger better.

Kruger was kind of a one-hit wonder, as a second round pick he only had 6.5 sacks his first three years in the league.

Boldin is a proven vet, you know what you're going to get out of him. With his physical ability I see him aging well.

Tical21

Reaction score
I dunno that he is better than Tate or Rice at this point in their careers. I've loved him since he played QB at FSU, but I don't see it as a fit. And I'd rather spend that money extending one of our own.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I salivate at the thought of a mega speed guy like Mike Wallace coming here. :3: However, unfortunately the price tag might be a bit high. And yes, I would welcome Boldin as he catches everything thrown his way and has the size to grab passes in traffic.

hawksman53

Reaction score
i'd take Paul Kreuger first but i would love to have Boldin. tate, Rice Baldwin and Boldin would be an awesome lineup for Dangeruss!!!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
aawolf":2leks6qc said:
Boldin would be a HUGE asset to Russel Wilson...he's exactly the type of WR we need. He makes plays by getting open or fighting for the ball after plays break down, which is the weakness in our current WR IMO. He goes to the ball and gets it. I don't think he's as much of a deep threat, but we've got WR that can run down feild. I would love to see Boldin on this team.

I"m not sure he's the exactly the type of WR we need.

We have two Boldin like's already.

The kind of receiver we need is a speed burner, that demands double coverage to take any pressure off of Tate and Bouldwin.

Trouble is money.

Trade Rice, sign Mike Wallace. problem solved, we then also have a extra draft choice.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
i would pass. boldin really stepped it up in the playoffs but he really didnt do too much in the regular season. he finally got his ring and if i were him i would be looking for one last big payday before retiring. besides didnt he say if the ravens didnt resign him he wouldnt play in another uniform?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Boldin owes his toughness to the 'quickening' he received, courtesy of Ken Hamlin. (*_*)

gmor

Reaction score
We tend to get bargain FA's when they are on the older side. If he wants another ring more than a fat paycheck, then he'll give us a look.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Wenhawk":s1qbrtcn said:
Did some of you change your tune on Boldin now that he is a 49er?

Bwahaha. Yeah suddenly he's 'on the decline.' The season will be interesting to say the least.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":srp1idlg said:

Not me. If we could have gotten Boldin for a 6th on top of getting Harvin, I'd have pulled the trigger on that. Of course, that's based on his performance during the postseason last year. His regular season numbers aren't as impressive.

And here's the thing... Boldin actually IS on the decline, but his peak was so impressive that his decline still means he provides solid depth for a WR-needy team. He's got great hands and muscles the ball away from defenders. That said, he's not your #1 or #2 guy any more.

OP
OP
H

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good to see that my "sources" were right and Baltimore dumped him.

Boldin in the 49ers...well he can help, but I think we'll be seeing Sherman on Crabtree and Browner on Boldin. Browner is younger, more physical and faster than Boldin and his strengths erase Boldin's.

Boldin would've worked out for us against the Niners better than the Niners against us. Tech (correctly) posted that Baldwin is our possession guy that gets better separation. Boldin is more of a jump ball/out muscle the DB receiver at this point in his career. The Niners CB's last year weren't all that big or physical (they cover great and are good in run support, but get beat in the air), so I think Boldin was a good matchup on quick slants where he shields the ball from the defender.

It's going to be fun to watch the matchup, but I honestly think he'll have the least impact against us lined up against Browner.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Wenhawk":25pqgdny said:

Yes. He's a 49er now so I hope he fails. Why, are you gonna be rooting for him now? Turncoat?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":x5w26kom said:
Good to see that my "sources" were right and Baltimore dumped him.

Boldin in the 49ers...well he can help, but I think we'll be seeing Sherman on Crabtree and Browner on Boldin. Browner is younger, more physical and faster than Boldin and his strengths erase Boldin's.

Boldin would've worked out for us against the Niners better than the Niners against us. Tech (correctly) posted that Baldwin is our possession guy that gets better separation. Boldin is more of a jump ball/out muscle the DB receiver at this point in his career. The Niners CB's last year weren't all that big or physical (they cover great and are good in run support, but get beat in the air), so I think Boldin was a good matchup on quick slants where he shields the ball from the defender.

It's going to be fun to watch the matchup, but I honestly think he'll have the least impact against us lined up against Browner.

Agree 100%

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1g3yb5by said:
Wenhawk":1g3yb5by said:

Yes. He's a 49er now so I hope he fails. Why, are you gonna be rooting for him now? Turncoat?

I wouldn't say I hope he fails, but I'm glad to see that the NFC West has built two powerhouses andit is much more enjoyable beating a nationally respected SF team than the cellar dwellar they were a few years ago.

And ZD you need to chill, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by rehashing the Harvin post. I just figured somebody needed to bump the old posts where we had such strong opinions one way or another. Nobody is every right 100% of the time, well.....ok maybe a few of you are, this is the internet and we can always hide behind our computers :mrgreen: