Bennett...torn rotator cuff?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 pm
  • Adam Schefter

    Seahawks DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:13 pm
  • Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 pm
  • It's March. He could recovery fully, tear it again, and then recover fully again before the season starts.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14748
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:17 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:Adam Schefter

    Seahawks DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.


    nevermind...
    Image
    User avatar
    oasis
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 458
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:28 pm
  • Not like our guys didn't know this before signing him, not worried about it.
    User avatar
    ErikG803
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 978
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:53 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:28 pm
  • He should be ready to go for camp as there is plenty of time for it to heal in time.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11193
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:32 pm
  • Explains the major discount and one year deal. Still looks like a good signing. I'm sure he'll be ready by week one.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3928
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:32 pm
  • I'm happy with it if this is the reason we were able to get him to Seattle.

    He should recover fine and in plenty of time. Seattle reaps the benefits of other teams getting scared.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11747
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:35 pm
  • I had a bad tear of the rotator cuff and biceps tendon. The recovery time is about six weeks, and now it's my better shoulder. There are a few excellent shoulder surgeons in Seattle.
    User avatar
    godawg
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 469
    Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:38 pm
  • I think he will be ready for the season. That's just speculation, but since we gave him a physical I am sure they knew about it and still wanted to bring him in. That pretty much says they aren't too worried, so I'm not either.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 956
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:23 pm
    Location: Marysville, WA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:38 pm
  • Definitely explains why he only got a one year deal and $5 mil.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:43 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.

    You actually think our FO didn't know about this?
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:44 pm
  • I had rotator cuff surgery last year at 50 years old and was back to work with no restrictions in two weeks. This doesn't even help to explain the discounted price IMO. It's so common and as long as the surgery isn't screwed up, it is very easy to come back 100% in no time.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3026
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:47 pm
  • Nothing a little deer antler spray can't fix
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1661
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:50 pm
  • RichNhansom wrote:I had rotator cuff surgery last year at 50 years old and was back to work with no restrictions in two weeks. This doesn't even help to explain the discounted price IMO. It's so common and as long as the surgery isn't screwed up, it is very easy to come back 100% in no time.


    However, every person heals differently. Your experience doesn't translate to Bennett.

    That being said, I expect he will be fine. And actually, it does explain the discount more than anything else.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7534
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:08 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.

    You actually think our FO didn't know about this?


    Didn't say they didn't. I am just hoping they arnt banking on him, ala Jones, and have other guys that can step in.

    Reading comprehension
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:02 pm
  • Well, if he gets the same guy who fixed Rice's shoulders last year, I have no fears.

    ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10245
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:39 pm
  • sutz wrote:Well, if he gets the same guy who fixed Rice's shoulders last year, I have no fears.

    ;)



    No kidding. Rice took some pretty big shots last year and stayed in tact. He also looked thicker compared to in the past.

    Hopefully they allow Carp and Clem to be rebuilt to the max before the see the field again. Seems like the prudent thing to do given the depth they have.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1218
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:03 pm
  • I guess they decided to skip the team physical before signing him?! :thsnooty:
    #BurnTheGrayPants
    User avatar
    sa_seahawker
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 47
    Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:07 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    RichNhansom wrote:I had rotator cuff surgery last year at 50 years old and was back to work with no restrictions in two weeks. This doesn't even help to explain the discounted price IMO. It's so common and as long as the surgery isn't screwed up, it is very easy to come back 100% in no time.


    However, every person heals differently. Your experience doesn't translate to Bennett.

    That being said, I expect he will be fine. And actually, it does explain the discount more than anything else.


    Given that Bennett is an elite athlete, I'd bet on the guy's shoulder healing faster than that of the average person.

    I also had a torn rotator cuff (nearly competely torn suprasinits tendon) and a busted up shoulder capsule last year. Mine healed pretty quick with prolotherapy (PRP or stem cell therapy is used in the same manner with a lot of athletes now) and press/pull up programming quickly.
    User avatar
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 852
    Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:36 pm
  • We can rebuild him; we have the technology....
    User avatar
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1298
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:22 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.

    You actually think our FO didn't know about this?


    Didn't say they didn't. I am just hoping they arnt banking on him, ala Jones, and have other guys that can step in.

    Reading comprehension

    Yep they are just going to pay him $5 million to sit on the sidelines...fingers crossed he never plays :sarcasm_off:

    And I highly doubt even you can comprehend what you type
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1675
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:45 pm
  • sa_seahawker wrote:I guess they decided to skip the team physical before signing him?! :thsnooty:



    Not likiely! Our Front Office wasn't "born yesterday"! MRI's can show the extent of the injury....that is the key point!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4826
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:[quote="Tech Worlds"]Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.

    You actually think our FO didn't know about this?


    Didn't say they didn't. I am just hoping they arnt banking on him, ala Jones, and have other guys that can step in.

    Reading comprehension

    Yep they are just going to pay him $5 million to sit on the sidelines...fingers crossed he never plays :sarcasm_off:

    And I highly doubt even you can comprehend what you type[/quote]

    You might be correct because you obviously can't.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9712
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:05 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    sa_seahawker wrote:I guess they decided to skip the team physical before signing him?! :thsnooty:



    Not likiely! Our Front Office wasn't "born yesterday"! MRI's can show the extent of the injury....that is the key point!

    This. I would take it to mean that team doctors and experts have evaluated it and were certain they could repair it surgically, rehab it, and have him ready to play this summer. Nothing else makes sense. Nobody gets signed without a physical.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10245
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:09 pm
  • Here is my only issue. - why not structure a deal that kicks in a five year contract if either certain things are accomplished or he is in the roster next year. Now if he plays great this year we are bidding against everyone else.

    I guess I just don't think that is the only reason it was a one year deal. I think that is way more because of Kam, Sherman erc needing new contracts....
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3503
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm
  • mikeak wrote:Here is my only issue. - why not structure a deal that kicks in a five year contract if either certain things are accomplished or he is in the roster next year. Now if he plays great this year we are bidding against everyone else.

    I guess I just don't think that is the only reason it was a one year deal. I think that is way more because of Kam, Sherman erc needing new contracts....


    It works out best for both sides, he can sign a fat contract next year and I think our hope is that we can let him go next year and develop our own interior pass rusher (Scruggs?) much cheaper.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:21 pm
  • Plenty of time to get fully healed up. Especially with the type of doctors and the type of treatments these guys get.
    User avatar
    Claden
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 298
    Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:18 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:23 pm
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:
    And I highly doubt even you can comprehend what you type


    No need to be a jerk to him, but the original poster did kind of knee-jerk (no-pun-intended). Yes he's the main source of our inside pass rush, that's why we paid him so much money. He'll be fine.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1155
    Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 am
  • If he were a pitcher or QB, I would be concerned.

    We should still invest in our D-Line since we have some cap space.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24271
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Freddy's favorite song?....Dream On


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 am
  • WestcoastSteve wrote:
    mikeak wrote:Here is my only issue. - why not structure a deal that kicks in a five year contract if either certain things are accomplished or he is in the roster next year. Now if he plays great this year we are bidding against everyone else.

    I guess I just don't think that is the only reason it was a one year deal. I think that is way more because of Kam, Sherman erc needing new contracts....


    It works out best for both sides, he can sign a fat contract next year and I think our hope is that we can let him go next year and develop our own interior pass rusher (Scruggs?) much cheaper.


    I completely agree which is what I meant with the rotator cuff not being the only reason why it was a one year deal. It may have been why he signed the one-year deal with us and nobody else offered more but from a Seahawks perspecitve there were more reasons
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3503
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:09 am
  • I'm recovering from a slap tear of my labrum, torn rotator cuff and torn superspinatus ligament from last december. My recovery timeline is 12-18 months. I go to physical therapy twice a week. He should be able to come back from the torn rotator cuff much faster having medical attention everyday.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    User avatar
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 am
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:14 am
  • Season over :327321_Spy_23.22: :sarcasm_off:
    Image
    Beer, Football, Family=A wonderful life.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *
     
    Posts: 989
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:38 pm
    Location: Hayward, California


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 am
  • XxxZagnutxxX wrote:I'm recovering from a slap tear of my labrum, torn rotator cuff and torn superspinatus ligament from last december. My recovery timeline is 12-18 months. I go to physical therapy twice a week. He should be able to come back from the torn rotator cuff much faster having medical attention everyday.


    and you know not having to get to work everyday except rehabing :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3503
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 am
  • Think of the 1 year deal as an insurance policy to hold on to him. If it turns out that he wasn't worth keeping on the roster, we wouldn't be losing very much gauranteed money. But it does raise another question. If the front office wasn't able to strike a deal with Bennett for a multi year deal after this upcoming season, could the FO place a franchise tag on him?
    Status: Active lieutenant in the 12th Man Army
    User avatar
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 723
    Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:19 am


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:50 am
  • They certainly could, but would they want to is the question.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7106
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 am
  • Shadowhawk wrote:We can rebuild him; we have the technology....

    My favorite. No worries here.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 438
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:46 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:40 am
  • Hawknight wrote:Season over :327321_Spy_23.22: :sarcasm_off:


    In addition, I expect the backlash to destroy any NFC west team from competing for the division. In an unprecedented move the Chargers will be awarded the NFC West playoff berth after no NFC west team manages to achieve more than 2 wins.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    User avatar
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *
     
    Posts: 7106
    Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:56 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm
  • Does Bennett really need to play with more than one shoulder?
    Image
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

    Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    User avatar
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *
     
    Posts: 6713
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
    Location: Beneath, Between & Behind


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Does anyone know if he has had surgery, getting surgery or just playing with it? I heard he was on the injury report for the last bit of last season. I haven't heard he has had or is definately getting surgery.
    dukestar
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 64
    Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:31 pm


Re: Bennett...torn rotator cuff?
Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:04 am
  • dukestar wrote:Does anyone know if he has had surgery, getting surgery or just playing with it? I heard he was on the injury report for the last bit of last season. I haven't heard he has had or is definately getting surgery.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... l-bennett/
    DISCLAIMER:

    The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    User avatar
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 690
    Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm




It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:02 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information