Bennett...torn rotator cuff?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Adam Schefter

Seahawks DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
It's March. He could recovery fully, tear it again, and then recover fully again before the season starts.

oasis

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1pwf1bxw said:
Adam Schefter

Seahawks DE Michael Bennett, who left Tampa for Seattle, was diagnosed with torn rotator cuff. Injury why Bennett got a 1-yr deal in SEA.

nevermind...

ErikG803

Reaction score
Not like our guys didn't know this before signing him, not worried about it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
He should be ready to go for camp as there is plenty of time for it to heal in time.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Explains the major discount and one year deal. Still looks like a good signing. I'm sure he'll be ready by week one.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm happy with it if this is the reason we were able to get him to Seattle.

He should recover fine and in plenty of time. Seattle reaps the benefits of other teams getting scared.

godawg

Reaction score
I had a bad tear of the rotator cuff and biceps tendon. The recovery time is about six weeks, and now it's my better shoulder. There are a few excellent shoulder surgeons in Seattle.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I think he will be ready for the season. That's just speculation, but since we gave him a physical I am sure they knew about it and still wanted to bring him in. That pretty much says they aren't too worried, so I'm not either.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2wj38uf3 said:
Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.
You actually think our FO didn't know about this?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I had rotator cuff surgery last year at 50 years old and was back to work with no restrictions in two weeks. This doesn't even help to explain the discounted price IMO. It's so common and as long as the surgery isn't screwed up, it is very easy to come back 100% in no time.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3uatl9fa said:
I had rotator cuff surgery last year at 50 years old and was back to work with no restrictions in two weeks. This doesn't even help to explain the discounted price IMO. It's so common and as long as the surgery isn't screwed up, it is very easy to come back 100% in no time.

However, every person heals differently. Your experience doesn't translate to Bennett.

That being said, I expect he will be fine. And actually, it does explain the discount more than anything else.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":ujwfyiua said:
Tech Worlds":ujwfyiua said:
Great. Hope we have other plans and arnt depending on this guy to generate our inside rush.
You actually think our FO didn't know about this?

Didn't say they didn't. I am just hoping they arnt banking on him, ala Jones, and have other guys that can step in.

Reading comprehension

sutz

Reaction score
Well, if he gets the same guy who fixed Rice's shoulders last year, I have no fears.

;)

kobebryant

Reaction score
sutz":1re8g41l said:
Well, if he gets the same guy who fixed Rice's shoulders last year, I have no fears.

;)

No kidding. Rice took some pretty big shots last year and stayed in tact. He also looked thicker compared to in the past.

Hopefully they allow Carp and Clem to be rebuilt to the max before the see the field again. Seems like the prudent thing to do given the depth they have.

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
I guess they decided to skip the team physical before signing him?! :thsnooty: