Forgive me Largent, for I have sinned.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Grew up with the Hawks. My first memory is jumping around on my birthday in a full Largent uniform, screaming because everything about my party was Seahawks, including my cake. I have a picture I will post some time.

Everything else was player related. I loved Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham, so I followed them. I followed the Bengals because they had Boomer and my childhood mind thought that was an awesome name. Plus what kid doesn't like the Bengals uniform.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Oh, and I had one of those black satin Raiders jackets in the seventh grade cuz... Well... Damn it felt good to be a gangster.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I wore a Jaguars jacket when the team came out cause I thought the logo was cool. That phase lasted a year and I've been die-hard Seattle since.

grizbob

Reaction score
Oh all right... pre-Seahawks I was a Stealers fan :oops: because of Bradshaw, Chuck Knolls(sp?)and no Seahawks, since 1976 it's been a painful romance :mrgreen:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Had a 49ers pennant hanging in my room and love Montana and Rice, I also really like the Bills with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, then when I was old enough to understand about 16 or 17 I became a big time hawk fan.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":uf709mfk said:
I wore a Jaguars jacket when the team came out cause I thought the logo was cool. That phase lasted a year and I've been die-hard Seattle since.

I had/did the same thing. Rocked a Jaguars jacket for a couple years when they came out (5-6 years old), but I had always grown up a Seahawks fan because my dad was a big fan.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I was a huge Buccaneers fan from 1999 to like '03 the Bucs and Seahawks were like 1a and 1b for me. I was 14 years old, didn't know a lot about football, I saw a couple Tulane games in '98 and I thought Shaun King was awesome, so when the Bucs drafted him I started following them, and became a huge fan of their defense, then they started sucking and I lost interest. Now it's all Seahawks.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
grizbob":1mf8n4q8 said:
Oh all right... pre-Seahawks I was a Stealers fan :oops: because of Bradshaw, Chuck Knolls(sp?)and no Seahawks, since 1976 it's been a painful romance :mrgreen:

Tough to admit that. Way to man up!

osprey6

Reaction score
Back in the late 80's, my sister worked as a producer at a Pittsburgh TV station. This station had a few local Steeler programs, and she was assigned the task of staging a shot to be used in a TV Guide advertisement. She had access to the station on-air talent and was allowed to hire a few models as well to stand in the background to make it look like a tailgate.

Comes the day before the shoot and the modeling agency calls to say that all the models are going to try to be extras in a movie being shot in town, so suddenly she had to round up whoever she could to be in this shot. I was in college at the time and had a good deal of free time as well as being well-built and semi-handsome. She calls me up and begs me to come down (truthfully, I owed her a couple of favors) to the stadium parking lot after my last class the next day.

So as a personal favor to her, I posed in the background holding a Steelers pennant and chowing down on a hot dog. I refused to wear the jersey she wanted me to wear. But yeah, that was the sum total of my modeling career. And yes, it made it into the local TV Guide, a copy of which my mom still has.

...and I also liked the Bucs helmets from back in the day. I still have a pennant and mini-helmet from them buried somewhere.