Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Cruz $7m per year

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Wallace $13m per

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Harvin is so much more of a versatile offensive weapon than either Wallace or Cruz

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Harvin hands down. Extra 5 mil a year to play special teams and running back and a better WR on top of that. No question Harvin

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Really depends on what you have around you on the team. For our specific needs, I think Harvin would be the best option.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
I'd take Cruz if the guaranteed money is prorated at the same amount per year as Harvins.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'll go with Harvin mainly because he is already on our team and he can do more things than Cruz can, but I am also a big fan of Cruz.

sutz

Reaction score
A little late for this, isn't it? :)

Harvin, as was said above, is more versatile in our offense. Bevel knows him and probably lobbied to sign him because he knows how to use him.

themunn

Reaction score
even though he's on our team now I'm still convinced Harvin is overrated and he'll need to prove it to me otherwise before I change my mind.
I feel similar about Cruz, but he's also a guy with 2 1000 yard seasons under his belt in 2 years of real playing time, albeit he's a bit older than Harvin.
At 7 million a year though I think I'd have to go with him, Harvin might be a better all-around weapon, but Cruz has scored 19 TDs in 2 seasons just as a WR, compared to Harvin's 29 as an all purpose guy in 4 years, you clearly can't deny he's a powerful weapon himself, and at a little over half the cost would be the superior pick up. However, I doubt he signs for as little as 7 million

pehawk

Reaction score
I think Eli makes Cruz...NOT the other way around. Eli will always throw for 3,500-4,000...somebody's got to catch them. There's a reason the Giants dont invest in their WR's, they dont have to.

The Hawks will be that way in a year or two. They'll realize Wilson's going to get his yards.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I'm not sure I disagree that Eli can make a WR, but I disagree that the Giants haven't invested at WR. First, they gave Eli Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer (and Shockey, who was as much WR as TE). Pretty good targets for a new QB, though Toomer was on the decline. Then, they spent a first on Hakeem Nicks (one of my favorite WRs) to replace Plax and just spent a 2nd last year on another WR I love, Rueben Randle (bias alert: LSU is my 2nd favorite team in CFB). Not to mention several midround guys. Eli has always had good targets. That said, I think Cruz is a poor man's Harvin, and with a real QB like Eli Harvin would put up monstrous numbers (hell, he was doing so with Christian Ponder).

Sure, we'd benefit from the extra 5 mil, but I don't think our future cap situation is as dire as some think. I'd rather have the better player for RW's development. Cruz is more reliable, from a personality and a health perspective, but Harvin gives you the higher reward.

hai

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2ab8gli9 said:
Harvin, but Cruz isn't that much behind him for that price. The more talent we accrue for less money leaves us the ability to bring in even more talent. It compounds, and that's worth a lot.
This is exactly how i feel, both are at there respective value in the market, Harvin in most people's eye is versatile, therefore he is more expensive, but Cruz as a WR is very productive. And the compound, i feel like that is what happening to good teams who overpay in FA, end up sucking that seaon because they will then lose several key role players(ex. Bills, Cowboys, even 9ers in a way, and next year we will know the affect of having Harvin when we have plenty of key role players as FA next season.

hai

Reaction score
pehawk":wtxywaec said:
I think Eli makes Cruz...NOT the other way around. Eli will always throw for 3,500-4,000...somebody's got to catch them. There's a reason the Giants dont invest in their WR's, they dont have to.

The Hawks will be that way in a year or two. They'll realize Wilson's going to get his yards.
The reason the Giants don't have to invest in WR is one, Eli somehow can make throws, maybe not accurate but somehow it gets there. Two, Tom Coughlin was a former WR coach, so he knows his WR and what he wants, for god sakes Cruz was a undrafted FA like Baldwin. Coughlin knows his WR i guess, just a coincidence that the Giants have had a stellar WR corp for awhile now, how many clutch catches and superbowls, crazy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Snohomie":37miewo2 said:
I'm not sure I disagree that Eli can make a WR, but I disagree that the Giants haven't invested at WR. First, they gave Eli Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer (and Shockey, who was as much WR as TE). Pretty good targets for a new QB, though Toomer was on the decline. Then, they spent a first on Hakeem Nicks (one of my favorite WRs) to replace Plax and just spent a 2nd last year on another WR I love, Rueben Randle (bias alert: LSU is my 2nd favorite team in CFB). Not to mention several midround guys. Eli has always had good targets. That said, I think Cruz is a poor man's Harvin, and with a real QB like Eli Harvin would put up monstrous numbers (hell, he was doing so with Christian Ponder).

Sure, we'd benefit from the extra 5 mil, but I don't think our future cap situation is as dire as some think. I'd rather have the better player for RW's development. Cruz is more reliable, from a personality and a health perspective, but Harvin gives you the higher reward.

Oops - I had zero clue Nicks was a 1st. Even with that, weren't those picks slightly in the rearview? And, it's not going to be something the Giants invest heavily in again?

It's Harvin for the Seahawks which makes the most sense. The best way to assist Wilson is via the RB/HB/Flanker/Bush/Sproles/Cribbs/waterbug type position. The Seahawks will look ALOT like 2009's Saints, IMO.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Save money on players & have an average 8-8 team with lots of wonderful cap space.
OR:
Aquire the best players available, paying them with smart contracts & go to the Super Bowl.

Sounds like a simple answer to me.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Harvin is better and got paid what he was worth, and I think Cruz is good but not nearly as valuable as a guy like Wallace or Harvin. For what the Seahawks need Harvin was a perfect fit, and despite his large salary he makes a ton of sense. Cruz would cost much less but would not bring the same level a versatility we are looking for in the slot.

It's too close for me too vote, but I do know Mike Wallace is way overpaid.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
The major fallacy in this poll is that you won't get Cruz for 7 mil/year. You'd send the offer sheet and the Giants would match it. You would end up a lot closer to Harvin's money before the Giants decide they would rather take the first rounder and let Cruz walk.

hawker84

Reaction score
where i love Harvin's versatility and just raw talent, i think i'd choose Cruz... all that guy does is get open down field and make plays... RW loves to throw the deep ball, cruz has an uncanny ablility to get open down field, sounds like the perfect match..

harvin just brings so much more to the offense though.. DC's are going to lose sleep game planning for this guy... i really don't think you can go wrong with either of these guys, just depends on what all you want to do on offense... i chose Cruz only because he comes cheaper, and has less character questions....