Gonzaga, new #1 in the nation?

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Re: Gonzaga, new #1 in the nation?
Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:18 pm

Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:22 pm
  • Well, it sure looks like Few has no idea how to coach in the NCAAs. He was gifted an Elite Eight with the losses of both Wisconsin and KSU, and he still couldn't prepare his team properly. He just can't handle the burden of expectation.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:34 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Well, it sure looks like Few has no idea how to coach in the NCAAs. He was gifted an Elite Eight with the losses of both Wisconsin and KSU, and he still couldn't prepare his team properly. He just can't handle the burden of expectation.

As a Zag fan Few has costly said and held the view that he would rather have teams shot 3's than give up 2's. The problem with that thought is that the last few years we have been knocked out because of teams killing us from deep. Learn to change Few!!!!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:37 pm
  • Hate to say 'I told you so' (I don't), but I told you so.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:39 pm
  • Sweet!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:33 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:Over rated but in the system they absolutely should be.

How do you figure? Just because it's Gonzaga?

Because they do this every tournament.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 am
  • Collossal failure how do you let one of the worst shooting teams in the tourney go off on you like that? It didn't help that Bell was injured but man that was brutal. I feel like I have been kicked in the stomach.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:05 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:Well, it sure looks like Few has no idea how to coach in the NCAAs. He was gifted an Elite Eight with the losses of both Wisconsin and KSU, and he still couldn't prepare his team properly. He just can't handle the burden of expectation.

As a Zag fan Few has costly said and held the view that he would rather have teams shot 3's than give up 2's. The problem with that thought is that the last few years we have been knocked out because of teams killing us from deep. Learn to change Few!!!!

I call bullshit on that this year Blitz. Mark Few said they got lazy going out to cover those 3s and got burned by it. And he was right

The real problem is they were thinking they were #1 ranked/rated Gonzaga in that first game and because of the level of teams they mostly play they almost got burned. Did they learn anything from that? Nooooooooooo. (also pretty hard for them not to be thinking that after the previous weeks emotions)

Started out again like they were thinking they were #1 ranked/rated Gonzaga they can catch up. Got behind a mile and had to use so much energy not letting them get any further ahead and then catching up they didn't have it at the end. You've all seen teams do that in all levels of play.

And stop this whining about Few. I can see the ones that are going to blame him are probably the same ones that were screaming at me what a great defense they have. Well where the hell was it?

I still say they have been way overranked in recent years and people have been ignoring the fact that their league is a cake walk not much above Jr. College level.(Not saying they are, but their league is) Playing 3-4 tough teams a season does not make you ready to face teams that face tough teams every week. I'm not saying they're bad its just a matter of real competition every game.

I've never subscribed to the storyline anytime that they have a line up that compares with many of the strong east coast/midwest/southern leagues. But many of you were screaming at me how tough they were. Please remember "tough" is a relative term.

One thing the media said yesterday and in the sports pages today is this will have a back lash on their program as far as ratings are concerned. They won't be so quick to say they are top 10 or better and rated #1 in the tourney.

Remember 2-3 years ago when they got rated in the lower half of the ladder and got bounced the first game? That's the kind of thing that might happen in the next few seasons. The ratings I mean not necessarily the play.

And Few? Be damned glad he's the coach there. Not being a fan even I can see what a great job he does and how much money he's turned down to go elsewhere.

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:08 pm
  • Well the almighty Hoosiers almost went down but unlike Wichita they didn't hit 15 threes and still should have won. I'll have to take some kind of solace from this somehow.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:40 pm
  • Maybe next year Gonzaga fans.
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:13 pm
  • Hawksfanatik wrote:Maybe next year Gonzaga fans.

Just like Clipper fans.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Hate to say 'I told you so' (I don't), but I told you so.

You also said OSU was legit. It looks like the non-Kansas part of the Big 12 suuuuuuuuucked.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:33 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Hate to say 'I told you so' (I don't), but I told you so.

You also said OSU was legit. It looks like the non-Kansas part of the Big 12 suuuuuuuuucked.

*sigh* yeah....
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:00 pm
  • I'm taking the Zags' loss very hard............... SIGH!
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 am
  • Zag 2001 Alumni. Been waiting 12 years for anything beyond a sweet sixteen and disappointed each time, hell the two times we were a #1 and #2 seed we didn't even make it to the sweet sixteen in the first place. I honestly still left all my Seahawk banners/posters/pictures up throughout the college basketball season just because I'm so disappointed with the Zags every year. Don't get me wrong, I root for them during games, but I've just stopped expecting them to do well. I had them out of the sweet sixteen in my bracket this year and even then I had a hard time picking them to make it even that far (which they didn't). I don't know what kind of fan this makes me, fair weather? bitter? realistic?
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 am
  • gspin2k1 wrote:Zag 2001 Alumni. Been waiting 12 years for anything beyond a sweet sixteen and disappointed each time, hell the two times we were a #1 and #2 seed we didn't even make it to the sweet sixteen in the first place. I honestly still left all my Seahawk banners/posters/pictures up throughout the college basketball season just because I'm so disappointed with the Zags every year. Don't get me wrong, I root for them during games, but I've just stopped expecting them to do well. I had them out of the sweet sixteen in my bracket this year and even then I had a hard time picking them to make it even that far (which they didn't). I don't know what kind of fan this makes me, fair weather? bitter? realistic?

More realistic than most Zags fans.

:roll:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Previous

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:54 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information