"the Seahawks have SB48 written all over them"

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We as the Hawks fan base need to exude the same level of confidence in our team that Russell Wilson does in himself.

I have no doubt that the Hawks will excel this year.

They just will.

The Radish

Reaction score
All this rah-rah stuff gets a bit worrysome. Well tiresome too. I hate it when the media trys to get the fans to be as dumb as they are. Remember how rarely the media is correct.

I'd prefer we play the games first.

:roll:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The Radish":3ndyjrfh said:
All this rah-rah stuff gets a bit worrysome. Well tiresome too. I hate it when the media trys to get the fans to be as dumb as they are. Remember how rarely the media is correct.

Whens the last time the media went out of its way to fluff the Seahawks fan base? Yep never. If this were NE, GB, Dallas, SanFran or any of the other storied franchises with enormous fan bases I would take it with a grain of salt also but that is not what this is, This is real recognition of what Pete and John have accomplished in the last few years.

It doesn't guarantee us anything but if we do get to a super bowl it will be nice to know that Vegas won't be faced with losing tons of money if we win.

dunceface

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1jd93gdc said:
The Radish":1jd93gdc said:

Whens the last time the media went out of its way to fluff the Seahawks fan base? Yep never. If this were NE, GB, Dallas, SanFran or any of the other storied franchises with enormous fan bases I would take it with a grain of salt also but that is not what this is, This is real recognition of what Pete and John have accomplished in the last few years.

It doesn't guarantee us anything but if we do get to a super bowl it will be nice to know that Vegas won't be faced with losing tons of money if we win.

Truth.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":r4hr4g7z said:

We're definitely setting ourselves up for some huge disappointment if things don't pan out for us, but even you have to admit, this is a good looking team we've got here.

It's going to be madness around here if we drop the season opener.

themunn

Reaction score
The Radish":2xxj3sw7 said:

You say that but every year they predict that the Seahawks won't win the superbowl and they've been right about that every single time.

The Radish

Reaction score
themunn":176880fy said:
The Radish":176880fy said:

You say that but every year they predict that the Seahawks won't win the superbowl and they've been right about that every single time.

Sadly yes they have. lol

I just hope we don't start acting like other teams in the mainstream media, acting like idiots about our team.

And I could care less if Vegas loses every penny the have on the Seahawks. They deserve it!

:les:

BGHawk

Reaction score
media love..bahahaha..um, hahaha...media doesnt know its ass from a hole in the ground. they just follow the ït'team. they certainly dont love us..they hate us, but have to follow and report on us...screw them, I despise all of them

BBHawks

Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited about who the "cool kids" in the media are currently calling the most popular boy in school. In fact, it makes me nervous. As much as I want to get excited, I have to keep reminding myself that the Seahawks were a couple good bounces and some questionable calls away from a 9-7 record last season.

BASF

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":adkeo088 said:
Enjoy the media love. Thrive on it. Know it's earned, and let's mentally prepare ourselves for what looks to be a fantastic season later this year.

How has it been earned? We had, I'd say, the third most enjoyable season we have had in our existence last year. The exciting season, probably our most exciting on a game to game basis, is already in the past. However, as Michael Robinson said just yesterday, "You still need to play the games." I will illustrate my point, with bringing up the 2007 Cleveland Browns. They had an unexpected QB in Anderson have a great season, they had a few games where they scored 30+ points, 40+ points and a 51 point game, so they were lighting it up as we were. Their defense also won them some games, and their losses (except for two) were all close games that could have gone either way. They won more than anyone expected. Browns fans were just as excited for the 2008 season as we are for 2013. The media was all over their possibilities as they are with us, though we are being talked about going all the way more than they were. They won four games in 2008.

Earning the talk is about in season work, game in and game out. I don't say all that to bring anyone down. I freely admit that this front office has exceeded my expectations in each season that they have been a part of. Hell, I said we could only win three games with Tarvaris Jackson and damn, if we didn't win seven. However, we haven't earned anything yet in regards to 2013.