Anquan Boldin - not happy?

Reaction score
He'll be the #3 receiving target for the niners. 4 Touchdowns for your #3 receiving target on a run-first offense would be pretty damn amazing.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Has Boldin spoke of this since the interview the OP is referencing? When I heard I thought it was a great move for SF however it does not scare me at all with Seattle's secondary. Its a nice veteran pickup assuming he is happy but it will not tilt the field against us.

themunn

Reaction score
kag0331":1dt209fm said:
That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

Aside from drafting Anthony McCoy, Malcolm Smith and picking up Mike Morgan and bringing in players like Mike Williams and Lendale White (yet not afraid to cut them when they're not good enough) you mean?

Also, note the difference between the Seahawks and Ravens organisations. One signed a player that made a favourite of the fans, model professional and excellent player over 3 years obsolete, and rather than trade him for a draft pick to a team he didn't want to go to, cut him so he could sign with who he wanted. The other took a player that was integral in their superbowl run just weeks beforehand and traded him elsewhere to a team without asking him if he wanted to go... for a 6th round pick.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Ninerguy":30o8h9oz said:
-The Glove-":30o8h9oz said:
Confused you for someone else

Cool, I thought that might be the case, I actually get a few nice PMs from Hawk fans in my inbox on occasion, though they would never say it in public in a thread :mrgreen: Living here in the PNW as a Niner fan can be more than interesting when it comes to football discussions, which honestly last 12 months of the year!

BTW, Here is an actual quote form Boldins interview."As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys,” Boldin said. “I’ve always been a fan of the 49ers. For me, I’m happy to be part of an organization like that.”
Great call! You can see how he's carefully complimenting the team without ever mentioning the vile Harbaugh. He's got to say something good about his new team.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":ozrbizq5 said:
Wow, I've never seen so many niner fans come out of nowhere in one thread.

Interesting.... wonder why that is? :sherlock:
FEAR.

kag0331

Reaction score
sc85sis":3fw7s7dh said:
kag0331":3fw7s7dh said:
That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...
He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.

Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
At least Pete Carroll said he wouldn't leave USC unless the Seahawks gave him more power then most teams give their coaches. He almost guaranteed he would be staying until we gave him the dream job. Only an idiot would have denied himself the chance to control a whole team, pick his own GM, and be subject to no one except a hands off owner.

He didn't like Chip Kelly, reject a head coaching job. Then change his mind when it became clear the NCAA didn't accept Oregon's self investigation and would pursue their own.

If you think Pete RAN AWAY from USC, should take a look at what the Hawks gave him.

sc85sis

Reaction score
kag0331":3i9rzr14 said:
sc85sis":3i9rzr14 said:
kag0331":3i9rzr14 said:

Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.
He left several months before the sanctions came down after waiting around for four years for the NCAA to do something. In fact, he went to the hearing to 'testify' after getting hired by the Hawks in spite of the fact the NCAA could no longer require him to do so.

He had always said he'd be interested to see whether he could succeed at the NFL after USC, but he didn't think anyone would ever give him what he wanted: control over player personnel, the ability to instill his philosophy throughout the organization, a collaborative relationship with the GM, etc. Allen offered all that plus support for Pete's charity.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.

Throwdown

Reaction score
QuickLightning":2o7t24jl said:
He'll be the #3 receiving target for the niners. 4 Touchdowns for your #3 receiving target on a run-first offense would be pretty damn amazing.

Gonna be funny when the rest of the 9er nation realizes Kaepernick can only make one read though :)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NinerLifer":x883ts5p said:
Lady Talon":x883ts5p said:
Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.

It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.
Odd that it took that long for the lights to come on, don't you think?
I guess that Pete Carroll kinda knew all along that players like Sherman, Wilson, Wagner, and a whole bunch of others deserved a shot to prove themselves sooner, rather than later.
Harbaugh being a fresh out College Coach didn't know this?,,He'd have done well to adopt the Pete Carroll's "Always Compete" mantra,I guess it's better late, than never though eh?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Shaz":14l6xxli said:
Some of you so called Seahawks fans are really embarrassing yourselves

How about show a little class? I'm seeing far too much stupidity lately
Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2ikzqdsk said:
Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:

Doesn't make him wrong. We've got a few semi-reasonable 49ers fans posting around here now, and plenty of our members jump on them a bit too much, IMO.

NorCal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":adw0l2m0 said:
How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.

Honestly, the makeup of the fanbase (bandwagoners or not) or who the players rooted for growing up means nothing when it comes to the on field product. Its just a distraction for fans to argue over. Boldin is a pro, he probably likes to make money, and thus will embrace the trade and give his best. I would expect nothing else from him, and I haven't read anything other than he is a great teammate and a consummate professional. He should add value to the WR core, how much remains to be seen.

Seatown001

Reaction score
, I've been a part of this SEAHAWKS message board longer then you. So I guess my question is, what's your deal? I like talking football with other fanbases. I get along with posters here for the most part. When you make moves that make sense, I give you guys props. When you don't, I say you just f'd up. I do the same with my own team, which is why most posters here show me respect. I call them like I see them. Like I've repeated here before, I'm also a member of several other NFL teams forums. Im on other teams boards, more than my own...because oun board sucks for the most part, I'll readily admit that. But Im still going to defend my team....that should be a given.

I couldn't agree more, I also love spending time on rival forums and I personally like having rival fans on our forums for some great discussions, as a Hawk fan I'm happy to have you here with us!

NinerLifer

Reaction score
NorCal":4w42ghj9 said:
RolandDeschain":4w42ghj9 said:

Honestly, the makeup of the fanbase (bandwagoners or not) or who the players rooted for growing up means nothing when it comes to the on field product. Its just a distraction for fans to argue over. Boldin is a pro, he probably likes to make money, and thus will embrace the trade and give his best. I would expect nothing else from him, and I haven't read anything other than he is a great teammate and a consummate professional. He should add value to the WR core, how much remains to be seen.

As it seems, the shock of finding out he was traded while he was in Africa has worn off:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... rc=desktop

I imagine that knowing your old team is a shell of its former self after the SB, helps to ease the frustration as well.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kag0331":3nwumnil said:
sc85sis":3nwumnil said:
kag0331":3nwumnil said:

So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1jyxpy09 said:
scutterhawk":1jyxpy09 said:

Doesn't make him wrong. We've got a few semi-reasonable 49ers fans posting around here now, and plenty of our members jump on them a bit too much, IMO.
Care to name names?..I have noticed that their are fans here that do fine with "Talking Football", but when someone makes a subtle cut, or slight at some of the fans here, I think they have the right to answer in like form.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
scutterhawk":re9n8vlu said:
So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.

You have to remember who you are dealing with. They can't admit that Carroll did a great job of building an NFL team in a very short time, so they make up scenarios to explain the recent Seahawks up-tick. If they say it enough, then it will be fact right?