Anquan Boldin - not happy?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Re: Anquan Boldin - not happy?
Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    SNDavidson wrote:Or maybe he's part of the 97% of the league who knows harbaugh is a grade A douche?

If he's such a douche why do the 49ers players love him so much? Oh wait, of course, all the 49ers players are douches too. Silly me. :stirthepot:

^^ A douche.

Well your QB is a special kind of douche for kissing his weak ass bicep.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:47 am
  • The Boldin signing is the classic he kicked our ass so he must be good type of signing. Well, Boldin is good. That is no guarantee he will connect with Kaepernick. Kaep struggled to establish on field chemistry with Davis, and Davis gets a lot more separation than Boldin. I thought the real issue was the Niners secondary, which so far is not improved, and I certainly would not trust many rookies to improve it. The Niners are going to get hurt back there this upcoming year, like it or not. I like it.

And losing Goldson is a big damn deal. There are not many punishers in the league like him.

Sounds to me like Boldin will be plenty happy to be a Niner, though. The premise of this thread is probably wrong.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:14 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:The Boldin signing is the classic he kicked our ass so he must be good type of signing. Well, Boldin is good. That is no guarantee he will connect with Kaepernick. Kaep struggled to establish on field chemistry with Davis, and Davis gets a lot more separation than Boldin. I thought the real issue was the Niners secondary, which so far is not improved, and I certainly would not trust many rookies to improve it. The Niners are going to get hurt back there this upcoming year, like it or not. I like it.

And losing Goldson is a big damn deal. There are not many punishers in the league like him.

Sounds to me like Boldin will be plenty happy to be a Niner, though. The premise of this thread is probably wrong.

In the end, after everything shakes out, he might be better off (seeing what the Ravens are doing so far in FA).

The premise of this thread was based on the interview where he seemed shellshocked that he had been traded. He's a class guy till the end, so I don't think he makes a fuss or underplays. Unhappy might have produced unintentional implications that he would half-ass it because he was unhappy with the trade. I don't see that at all.

I'm not inclined to discuss the state of the 49ers any further though since we can't seem to keep the San Fran homers out of our threads.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 am
  • 5 Golden Rings, care to give us a few pieces of evidence that all or the vast majority of Harbaugh's players love him? I mean a few things we can actually read or watch ourselves to use as evidence, not your assumption for your team. Goldson and Smith sure don't. (Didn't, rather, since they're gone now.)

P.S., I'm not talking about the normal stuff that virtually all players say about their coach whether they believe it or not.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:53 am
  • Here's a very interesting article on the 49ers from a San Francisco writer, whose "favorite athlete" per their profile is Patrick Willis.

http://edraft.com/nfl/news/are-the-san- ... hemselves/

If the 49ers treat their own guys that way when their contracts are coming to an end, then I'd say a lot of 49ers players are going to dislike the team/coach. Seems like their strategy is to just low-ball the player and stick to it; don't like it, leave.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.

It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.

All well and good but isn't refuting analysis based off evidence of the past few years of games based on an off season report just as bad as thinking that off season acquisitions of Harvin, Avril, and Bennett increase the potency of the Seahawks?
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:45 pm
  • Wow, I've never seen so many niner fans come out of nowhere in one thread.

Interesting.... wonder why that is? :sherlock:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:50 pm
  • Some of you so called Seahawks fans are really embarrassing yourselves

How about show a little class? I'm seeing far too much stupidity lately
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:10 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Wow, I've never seen so many niner fans come out of nowhere in one thread.

Interesting.... wonder why that is? :sherlock:

ANQUAN BOLDIN IS BETTER THAN PERCY HARVIN IN EVERY WAY AND WE GOT HIM FOR PEANUTS, PERCY HARVIN SUCKS!

(Like my 49ers fan impression?)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:29 am
  • Roland whoever (Niner) fan told you that Anquan is better than Percy is a bit of a homer. So do the rest of us Niner fans a favor and accept it when there are alot of us that believe that the hawks will be extremely deadly. And while Anquan can be a big help, he is up there in age and how much does he have left who knows. Hopefully alot. And while we do not know which Harvin will show up. The stud or the I broke a nail reciever he has been known to be. We all do not know. What we know is that there are some of us that respect the moves the hawks are doing and are aware of the poosibilities for them. We are also aware of the possibiliteis and the holes for the Niners. It will be some hard battles for both of us and may the better team win.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:23 am
  • Boldin is old, and had 4 touchdowns last season...that's not going to help :pukeface:SF compete against Seattle, or the Rams for that matter.

Shits weak.

Enough said.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:36 am
  • He'll be the #3 receiving target for the niners. 4 Touchdowns for your #3 receiving target on a run-first offense would be pretty damn amazing.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 am
  • Has Boldin spoke of this since the interview the OP is referencing? When I heard I thought it was a great move for SF however it does not scare me at all with Seattle's secondary. Its a nice veteran pickup assuming he is happy but it will not tilt the field against us.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 am
  • kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

Aside from drafting Anthony McCoy, Malcolm Smith and picking up Mike Morgan and bringing in players like Mike Williams and Lendale White (yet not afraid to cut them when they're not good enough) you mean?

Also, note the difference between the Seahawks and Ravens organisations. One signed a player that made a favourite of the fans, model professional and excellent player over 3 years obsolete, and rather than trade him for a draft pick to a team he didn't want to go to, cut him so he could sign with who he wanted. The other took a player that was integral in their superbowl run just weeks beforehand and traded him elsewhere to a team without asking him if he wanted to go... for a 6th round pick.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:12 am
  • The Outfield wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:Obviously Sherman and Baldwin liked him enough to be recruited by him ...

You mean, before he was actually their coach?...

HA ha! Great call!
    SEAHAWKS HEADED FOR BLOODBATH
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/ ... bloodbath/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:16 am
  • Ninerguy wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:Confused you for someone else

Cool, I thought that might be the case, I actually get a few nice PMs from Hawk fans in my inbox on occasion, though they would never say it in public in a thread :mrgreen: Living here in the PNW as a Niner fan can be more than interesting when it comes to football discussions, which honestly last 12 months of the year!

BTW, Here is an actual quote form Boldins interview."As a kid I grew up a 49ers fan, by growing up watching Joe Montana, Steve Young, (Jerry) Rice and (John) Taylor, Ronnie Lott and those guys,” Boldin said. “I’ve always been a fan of the 49ers. For me, I’m happy to be part of an organization like that.”

Great call! You can see how he's carefully complimenting the team without ever mentioning the vile Harbaugh. He's got to say something good about his new team.
    SEAHAWKS HEADED FOR BLOODBATH
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/11/19/ ... bloodbath/
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:26 am

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 am
  • sc85sis wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

He didn't dip out. Trust me on that.

Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:45 pm
  • At least Pete Carroll said he wouldn't leave USC unless the Seahawks gave him more power then most teams give their coaches. He almost guaranteed he would be staying until we gave him the dream job. Only an idiot would have denied himself the chance to control a whole team, pick his own GM, and be subject to no one except a hands off owner.

He didn't like Chip Kelly, reject a head coaching job. Then change his mind when it became clear the NCAA didn't accept Oregon's self investigation and would pursue their own.

If you think Pete RAN AWAY from USC, should take a look at what the Hawks gave him.
    Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
    Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
    Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.
    Lady Talon
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:22 pm
  • kag0331 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:
    kag0331 wrote:That is a good point about the players may not really like the coaches that coach them even if they say they do.... I'm glad you figured that out all on your own ... I don't recall Pete Carroll getting former USC players on FA or the first draft of his NFL tenure with the hawks ... that same logic goes for every boss or coach... some are not liked does not mean they aren't good... I enjoyed USC when Carroll was coach but thought is was very chicken sh*t the way he dipped out and left them in shambles.. sorry for the rant but some of these members say some funny stuff...

Can you elaborate a bit. I'm not saying your wrong but the way I saw it the Trojans got one of the strictest punishments ever handed down besides SMU and now Penn St.. Pete Carroll then left to the NFL and never had to answer for any of the NCAA violations unlike some other previous college coaches that were punished. Do you think he would have been the USC coach if he wanted to stay? I think not.

He left several months before the sanctions came down after waiting around for four years for the NCAA to do something. In fact, he went to the hearing to 'testify' after getting hired by the Hawks in spite of the fact the NCAA could no longer require him to do so.

He had always said he'd be interested to see whether he could succeed at the NFL after USC, but he didn't think anyone would ever give him what he wanted: control over player personnel, the ability to instill his philosophy throughout the organization, a collaborative relationship with the GM, etc. Allen offered all that plus support for Pete's charity.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm
  • How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:30 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:He'll be the #3 receiving target for the niners. 4 Touchdowns for your #3 receiving target on a run-first offense would be pretty damn amazing.

Gonna be funny when the rest of the 9er nation realizes Kaepernick can only make one read though :)
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    Lady Talon wrote:Considering the 9ers hardly sub on defense the draft picks they get are going to be riding the pine and learning in practices until there's an injury. The homegrown effect has it's downfall. If I got drafted just to get my playing time curtailed and hope I could break into the lineup before my rookie contract ended so I didn't get shortchanged on a new team friendly contract later on. I don't think I'd play with fire.

I'd sit around wishing I was drafted by a team that is willing to recognize, play, and god forbid even start rookie talent.

It has been reported from the Niners staff soon after the SB that there will be more rotations on the defensive side of the ball from now on due to the obvious decline that our defense felt towards the end of the season.

Odd that it took that long for the lights to come on, don't you think?
    I guess that Pete Carroll kinda knew all along that players like Sherman, Wilson, Wagner, and a whole bunch of others deserved a shot to prove themselves sooner, rather than later.
    Harbaugh being a fresh out College Coach didn't know this?,,He'd have done well to adopt the Pete Carroll's "Always Compete" mantra,I guess it's better late, than never though eh?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:03 pm
  • Shaz wrote:Some of you so called Seahawks fans are really embarrassing yourselves

How about show a little class? I'm seeing far too much stupidity lately

Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:43 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:

Doesn't make him wrong. We've got a few semi-reasonable 49ers fans posting around here now, and plenty of our members jump on them a bit too much, IMO.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.

Honestly, the makeup of the fanbase (bandwagoners or not) or who the players rooted for growing up means nothing when it comes to the on field product. Its just a distraction for fans to argue over. Boldin is a pro, he probably likes to make money, and thus will embrace the trade and give his best. I would expect nothing else from him, and I haven't read anything other than he is a great teammate and a consummate professional. He should add value to the WR core, how much remains to be seen.
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:23 pm
  • , I've been a part of this SEAHAWKS message board longer then you. So I guess my question is, what's your deal? I like talking football with other fanbases. I get along with posters here for the most part. When you make moves that make sense, I give you guys props. When you don't, I say you just f'd up. I do the same with my own team, which is why most posters here show me respect. I call them like I see them. Like I've repeated here before, I'm also a member of several other NFL teams forums. Im on other teams boards, more than my own...because oun board sucks for the most part, I'll readily admit that. But Im still going to defend my team....that should be a given.

I couldn't agree more, I also love spending time on rival forums and I personally like having rival fans on our forums for some great discussions, as a Hawk fan I'm happy to have you here with us!
    Seatown001
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:24 am
  • NorCal wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:How do 49ers fans not know the vast majority of their fan base is comprised of bandwagon fans, including players? Boldin saw Montana on the TV as a kid and became a 49ers fan, even though he was born and raised in Florida. Quit acting like people that "grew up 49ers fans" and were 49ers "fans" for years without ever stepping foot in the state of California are something to use as ammo/evidence of anything. Besides the fact that they didn't support their home team growing up.

Honestly, the makeup of the fanbase (bandwagoners or not) or who the players rooted for growing up means nothing when it comes to the on field product. Its just a distraction for fans to argue over. Boldin is a pro, he probably likes to make money, and thus will embrace the trade and give his best. I would expect nothing else from him, and I haven't read anything other than he is a great teammate and a consummate professional. He should add value to the WR core, how much remains to be seen.

As it seems, the shock of finding out he was traded while he was in Africa has worn off:

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId= ... rc=desktop

I imagine that knowing your old team is a shell of its former self after the SB, helps to ease the frustration as well.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:01 am
  • kag0331 wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:

So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
    Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:11 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:Calling some of your "So Called" fellow Seahawks fans an Embarrassment, or Stupid is hardly showing Class :141847_bnono:

Doesn't make him wrong. We've got a few semi-reasonable 49ers fans posting around here now, and plenty of our members jump on them a bit too much, IMO.

Care to name names?..I have noticed that their are fans here that do fine with "Talking Football", but when someone makes a subtle cut, or slight at some of the fans here, I think they have the right to answer in like form.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:18 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?
    Sorry, BUT, to axe EVERYONE across the board, innocent or not just to satisfy your suspicions?, get real dude.

You have to remember who you are dealing with. They can't admit that Carroll did a great job of building an NFL team in a very short time, so they make up scenarios to explain the recent Seahawks up-tick. If they say it enough, then it will be fact right?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Boldin is old, and had 4 touchdowns last season...that's not going to help :pukeface:SF compete against Seattle, or the Rams for that matter.

Shits weak.

Enough said.

Anquan Boldin led all NFL receivers in touchdowns and yardage during these last playoffs. He's already talking about how excited he is to get to work with Kaepernick and develop their chemistry. The guy is nails. He competes like a madman for every reception. Some of you must have seen how he completely owned the Niner secondary in the Super Bowl. This thread is homer B.S. and it makes me nervous. I just always feel like when Seahawks fans start this crap, they're just asking for a letdown.
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm
  • So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.
    Teqneek
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:14 pm
  • Teqneek wrote:So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

Other than last year, please show me a time Boldin has ever posted number 1.. let alone barely number 2 WR numbers. Him getting old then also does not help scare me in the least. Did you see the secondaries he was playing against? Lets be a little more real here if we can.

But he doesn't need to be a "number 1" or 2. I just look forward to him being a threat in the redzone and maybe getting V Davis open a bit more. Its just adding to the WR core, not scoring a world beater
    NorCal
    NET Rookie

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm
  • Teqneek wrote:So Boldin finally has a good playoffs and now hes a world beater? That's the hilarious assessment I keep seeing from scared Seahawks fans or 49er homers.

For real?
    His ROOKIE season. 101 catches, 1377 yards, 8 scores. He was good from day one. Was also the fastest receiver ever to 300 catches.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:So what you're saying, is that Pete should have stayed put and taken punishment for the wrong doings by OTHER unscrouples guys in that organization, when he didn't have anything to do with the transgression, nor did he authorize, instigate, or even suggest those transgressions take place?

You have to remember who you are dealing with. They can't admit that Carroll did a great job of building an NFL team in a very short time, so they make up scenarios to explain the recent Seahawks up-tick. If they say it enough, then it will be fact right?

UUUMMM... You must not pay much attention to NCAA football thats what they do wrong or right punish the head coach, they think it sets the example...
    kag0331
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:03 am
  • Come on San Fran. Your coach is a douche. The whole NFL world sees it but not their fans?
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.

I think the NFL and most people in the league respect Harbaugh, and Carrol a lot of more for the the caliber of team he's assembled. Pete's a better coach now than he was in 2000 with the Patriots. Harbaugh knows how to acquire talent that doesn't seem any good or mediocre like Carlos Rodgers, Alex Smith, and turn them into solid pro bowl worthy players.

Both are probably seen as jerks but they both have earned the respect they have now even if you don't like the colors they were on Sundays.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 am
  • Shinigami wrote:Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.

You mean his second season right?
    His Patriots beat the Dolphins in his second season as a coach.
    And then he beat the Saints in his 5th season.

And yeah Harbaugh is a decent coach, but he took over a decent team (proven by the fact that half of the starters on that team were drafted before he took over).
    The only players on the Seahawks team that were here in 2009 are Trufant, Bryant, Mebane & Unger.
    Out of 66 players on the roster only 4 remain after 3 seasons. That shows the difference in what Carroll and Harbaugh had taking over - Singletary was running the team into the ground and Harbaugh put them where they belong - Carroll took over a team that simply lacked ability.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:15 am
  • Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:02 pm
  • themunn wrote:
    Shinigami wrote:Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.

And yeah Harbaugh is a decent coach, but he took over a decent team (proven by the fact that half of the starters on that team were drafted before he took over).
    The only players on the Seahawks team that were here in 2009 are Trufant, Bryant, Mebane & Unger.
    Out of 66 players on the roster only 4 remain after 3 seasons. That shows the difference in what Carroll and Harbaugh had taking over - Singletary was running the team into the ground and Harbaugh put them where they belong - Carroll took over a team that simply lacked ability.

oh yes my apologies I forgot lol.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:07 pm
  • Shinigami wrote:
    themunn wrote:
    Shinigami wrote:Well it took Pete Carrol his sixth season as a Head Coach to even win a playoff game and he only got to 11 wins because of a botched call at the end of the Packers game. Harbaugh takes his team to the NFC championship game two years in a row and to a Super Bowl, and this is after the horribly laughable Mike Singletary was putting that team into the ground.

oh yes my apologies I forgot lol.

Well, you were a little too busy hating to check facts.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:11 pm
  • CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

Not to mention that SF's #1 pick, looking back at the season, was absolutely the biggest REACH in the draft last year. Sure looks like SF needs to hire some scouts that know what the hell they're doing if they hope that even one or two of their 14 draft picks turn out to be actual players worth keeping.

OK...I usually just lurk here a bit and get a chuckle, but this one made me literally laugh out loud.

Of all the criticisms I have of the Seahawks, I am still able to give credit where its due. They have done a very good job in the draft and Wilson looks like a very good young QB.

...but that last comment about the Niners ability to draft is simply comical.

Since Baalke took over the draft...

Anthony Davis: Pro Bowl Alternate
    Mike Iupati: All-Pro and possibly the best OG in the NFL
    Navorro Bowman: 2 time All-Pro
    Aldon Smith: All-Pro, Set NFL record for sacks in first 2 seasons previously held by Reggie White.
    Colin Kaepernick: One of the best young QBs in the NFL.
    Chris Culliver: Super Bowl performance notwithstanding, a very good nickel corner.
    Kendall Hunter: Currently backup RB who might be the heir appearant to Frank Gore.
    Bruce Miller: Pro Bowl Alternate at FB in 2011
    LaMichael James: Very good young RB who played very well down the stretch when Hunter got hurt and in the playoffs.

....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.

So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.

Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:37 pm
  • Well, you were a little too busy hating to check facts.

Sure, man as if Carroll was some great head coach back in the 90s. I made a slip up, so what? It's a fact Carroll was a mediocre coach his tenure with the Patriots is evidence of that. That team was in a decline every year he was there, and two years after his tenure the Patriots win a Super Bowl. His tenure here is a lot better since he took over a bad team and now has a legitimate Super Bowl contender on his hands.
    Shinigami
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:24 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    And did the selecting in a draft in which Scott McCloughan had done the work for 11 months? Giving Baalke all credit for his first draft is unfair. Iupati and Davis were both linked to San Fran before Baalke took over. This does not impugn Baalke as a talent evaluator, but lets be accurate. In fact, Scott had possibly the biggest role of anyone in assembling the current Niner talent.

....and this doesn't even include players like Kyle WIlliams or Anthony Dixon who have been good special teamers (outside of the fumble in the NFCCG for Williams) or players like Daniel Kilgore who are simply waiting for their shot. Kilgore will eventually replace Jonathan Goodwin at Center.

Most of the Niners 2012 Draft class was effectively redshirted. AJ Jenkins did dissappoint as a rookie, but James played very well. Joe Looney was hurt when he was drafted so was never going to play. The Niners traded a number of their picks for picks THIS year and is a reason they at one point had 15 picks. Both of the OLBs they selected (Flemming and Johnson) were injured and will be back this year.
    Both teams, ours and yours, were considered by almost all to have reached in the first round, and the reports that followed AJ in the following months were terrible. San Fran in no way wanted to redshirt Jenkins, in fact you were desperate for good receivers last year. Evaluating any pick from San Fran in his rookie year is going to be difficult, once again, your HC is not inclined to trust or empower rookies, ours is. I am not saying either is right, in fact your SB loss could be hung on LMJ's fumble, and our loss to the Falcons could come down to a 7th round rookie guard, Sweezy.

So...essentially...all this crap about SF not being able to draft revolves around ONE player...AJ Jenkins. He was not nearly the "reach" people suggest. He was projected by most to go at the top of round 2 and went at the bottom of round 1. He's training in Atlanta with Kaep right now so we'll see how he does in year 2.
    No logical voice says San Fran can't draft. The facts, however, are simple. Willis, Davis, Gore, Staley, Iupati, Davis, Crabtree, and many more were not talent that can be fully laid at the feet of Baalke. Tell me who on the Seattle squad you can say that about, it is a short list.

Using Jenkins tho as if he is somehow indicative of the 49ers drafting ability when you compare it to the list above is simply ludicrous and homerism of the worst kind.

As for the initial point about Harvin essentially being the Seahawks first pick...

1st round picks don't typically require another 3 the following year plus 65+ million $$$$.
    [quote]First round picks aren't normally selected more than a month before the draft either. Any other exceptions to the norm you want to point out? Lets keep in mind that it was the Niners Seattle outbid for Harvin, meaning in all probability, your team was willing to both pay him and trade at least this year's first and a decent pick next year for the same guy. Seattle was willing to pay a bit more.[/quote]
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:29 am
  • Or the Niners bid against Seattle to raise the price. Teams do that all the time.
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 am
  • QuickLightning wrote:Or the Niners bid against Seattle to raise the price. Teams do that all the time.

There is what you know, and there is what you invent. Fact: Both teams bid on Harvin, Seattle elected to go higher than the Niners. Anything else is speculation on your part.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:53 am
  • Who gives a rats ass. None of us are in the front office did the niners want Harvin? im sure they did but guess what they did not get him oh well
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:32 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

OK...I usually just lurk here a bit and get a chuckle, but this one made me literally laugh out loud.

Of all the criticisms I have of the Seahawks, I am still able to give credit where its due. They have done a very good job in the draft and Wilson looks like a very good young QB.

Aldon Smith: All-Pro, Set NFL record for sacks in first 2 seasons previously held by Reggie White.
    Chris Culliver: Super Bowl performance notwithstanding, a very good nickel corner.
    Kendall Hunter: Currently backup RB who might be the heir appearant to Frank Gore.
    LaMichael James: Very good young RB who played very well down the stretch when Hunter got hurt and in the playoffs.

The niners have TWO starters from Baalke drafts that didn't include McLoughlin's draft board. Having only ONE player drafted last year on the field at any point last season leaves their drafting abilities still unknown. Without McLoughlin's input, their drafts have not been very good so far.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 am
  • rideaducati wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    CamanoIslandJQ wrote:Regarding the Percy Harvin # of average TD's discussed earlier in this thread. Harvin esentially was the Seahawks 1-st round pick this year (no WR's available anywhere near pick #25 that would have been better). I would ask the Fortywhiners on this thread.....Didn't SF draft a WR in round one last year? How many TD's did that player score last year?

The niners have TWO starters from Baalke drafts that didn't include McLoughlin's draft board. Having only ONE player drafted last year on the field at any point last season leaves their drafting abilities still unknown. Without McLoughlin's input, their drafts have not been very good so far.

Actually its 3 (Kaep, Aldon, and Miller). Baalke also signed Whitner, Rogers, and Goodwin.

I actually like Scotty...so I'm not gonna slam him. It was his drinking that got him fired, not his talent evaluation. He was a good GM and put alot of talent on this roster...but you have some revisionist history going there. Baalke was on all those staffs as well. He didn't just use Scots draft board...he helped put it together to begin with. He also still pulled the trigger on those picks. putting that all in Scots hands is idiocy.

Your assertion that their "drafts have not been very good so far" is ludicrous. You don't even have to look at last year...just look at 2011. Aldon Smith. Colin Kaepernick. Chris Culliver. Kendall Hunter. Daniel Kilgore. Bruce Miller.

If you DO want to look at last year, then you have to see how AJ Jenkins, Joe Looney, Darius Fleming and a few of the picks they traded for picks THIS year turn out.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information