Said Hi to Robbie Tobeck Tonight

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Met up with some good friends who moved out of State and came into town today...We stopped into Vino at the Landing in Renton. I immediately recognized Robbie from across the room. I wasn't going to be "that fan" and walk up to him and butt into his conversation with his friend so I figured if he was to walk by me I might extend a hand. Sure enough, right before we were getting ready to leave, he got up to head to the head...Walked right towards me...He saw the Seahawks cap I was wearing and I could perceive the hint of a smirk when I extended my hand and simply said, "Hey Robbie, nice to see you!" As usual, he was extremely pleasant. There's no doubt if I asked him what he thought of the Seahawks/Wilson/et al, he would have taken the time to engage me for a minute. (I've met him before and chatted with him a good 10 minutes or so coming out of a game once)...I didn't want to keep him. My friend shook his hand, introduced himself as well.

There's a time and place to engage a former favorite Seahawks player but when the man has to go, the man has to go!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Lesson for you then: Exercise less, drink more wine.

You're welcome.

Rotoki521

Reaction score
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing that. I actually met his mother in law. She worked with my Uncle and one day I had to pick up the Uncle at work. They were all hanging out in the back and I got to meet him and his fam. Very down to earth guy. Could picture myself having a couple brewsky's with the guy.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Awesome, I'm sure players appreciate when fans keep it real and not interrupt and act giddy..... well played !

bellyfat

Reaction score
I think I posted this story already but I delivered pizza to Robbie Tobeck 3-4 years ago. He'll always be one of my favorite Seahawks. I got more star struck with him then when I met Doug Baldwin and Trufant.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Robbie Tobeck Tweeted that some drunk guy in a Seahawks cap was stalking him all last night...that he was mumbling something about remote controlled planes....

NOW it makes sense.

:lol:

The Radish

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":s0oeylmj said:
Robbie Tobeck Tweeted that some drunk guy in a Seahawks cap was stalking him all last night...that he was mumbling something about remote controlled planes....

NOW it makes sense.

:lol:

:th2thumbs:

SE174

Reaction score
Good call on shaking his hand before he did his business, not after.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
SE174":2bphbdon said:
Good call on shaking his hand before he did his business, not after.

Are you kidding!? Aros wouldn't have washed his hand for the rest of his life!