What's Big Red's likelihood of recovering fully...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • from Plantar Fa-whatever. I know what it is, just not going to try to spell it. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any good insight to how likely that type of injury is to linger or to come back? If it heals up is it likely something he won't have nagging him? Because it really took him out and if it's one of those nagging type injuries, then his career would be seriously threatened.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• We have a few members that have posted about it in detail, and from what I recall its a pretty bad injury. Definitely a huge risk of being a nagging injury.
    DHawk
    NET Veteran

• I am only 28 years old and have been dealing with it for about 4 years... Good days and bad but always comes back.
    G Ache

• G Ache wrote:I am only 28 years old and have been dealing with it for about 4 years... Good days and bad but always comes back.

Yes but are you as trim and svelte as Red?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• G Ache wrote:I am only 28 years old and have been dealing with it for about 4 years... Good days and bad but always comes back.

How does it affect your status as a world-class athlete, Mr Ache?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• bestfightstory wrote:
    G Ache wrote:I am only 28 years old and have been dealing with it for about 4 years... Good days and bad but always comes back.

What does that have to do with Red Bryant?
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• AbsolutNET wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:
    G Ache wrote:I am only 28 years old and have been dealing with it for about 4 years... Good days and bad but always comes back.

What does that have to do with Red Bryant?

Hanging currrrrrrve...Outta the park!!
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Most people get long term or permanant relief with special inserts made just for them. Others like me need an anti inflamatory for a while. I took one for about a year and a half and after that never had the problem again.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• well... with a girlfriend like that.... last I'd be thinking about is my planter facetious. :lol:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• It is a potentially lingering injury. Let's hope he beats the odds and recovers. The fact he has so much weight to put on the bad wheel only complicates things

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• Had he spent more time on the stairmaster this probably wouldn't have happened.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• zhawk wrote:well... with a girlfriend like that.... last I'd be thinking about is my planter facetious. :lol:

that was directed at you mr radish :D
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:Had he spent more time on the stairmaster this probably wouldn't have happened.

It would be the last thing you want with P. F.
    stay off the feet!
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

• I've had it for a few years. Not only does it come back every now and then, but it can take months to go away again.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Then we pretty much have to go forward with the supposition that Red isn't going to be stopping the run. If he is, it's a luxury. We've got to have the mindset he won't be, however. Which leaves us where on the D-Line?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:I've had it for a few years. Not only does it come back every now and then, but it can take months to go away again.

Yeah that has been my experience as well.
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran

• We need more fat slobs, then.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Red's a warrior. I hope the coaches give him a light load in Training Camp and let him take it easy so that he doesn't break down so much down the stretch. I think he's going to have a very solid season for us this year.

I'd love Jesse Williams from Alabama as Red's eventual successor at the 5-Tech. I think he's the best fit in this draft. Or, we could sign Tony McDaniel and he can play the 5-Tech also and give us some more flexibility in this year's draft.

The only reason I'd be against drafting Williams is because he's got YOLO tattooed near his ear.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• zhawk wrote:
    zhawk wrote:well... with a girlfriend like that.... last I'd be thinking about is my planter facetious. :lol:

that was directed at you mr radish :D

Why are you worrying about her. She's only my physical therapist?

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• I love Big Red as much as the next guy but I think you treat it like any other position on the field. You draft good quality developmental depth that can learn/rotate at the position and compete for the starting spot. When that depth surpasses Red's, be it this year or in 5 yrs, he becomes the starter. At that point if Red is still playable he restuctures his contract or is dismissed. As much as we love certain players, this is still a business and PC/JS will put the best players on the field as I would hope.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information