Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post subject: Cutler to run read-option
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 am 
NET Veteran

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... on-in-2013

Their line is so bad, they just said 'f' it.

Post subject: Re: Cutler to run read-option
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:05 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

It'll probably be a good improvement for their offense, honestly. Stop depending on their tepid O-line for anything, haha.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:18 am 
* NET E-Knight *

Cutler has some moves, but the guy is a concussion waiting to happen. Seems like a quick way to end the season for the Bears.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 am 
NET Veteran

When I clicked this, I expected to see an article from theonion. Still made me lol.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:09 am 
NET Veteran

I do love watching Cutler get sacked time and time again. This is going to be a riot to watch!

Go Hawks.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 am 
NET Veteran

Aww man. Too bad we aren't playing the Bears in the regular season this year. We'd have a better chance at setting some sort of sack record.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:00 pm 
NET Starter

The Outfield wrote:
Aww man. Too bad we aren't playing the Bears in the regular season this year. We'd have a better chance at setting some sort of sack record.

seems like we played them every year too, was beginning to think they were in the division

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:10 pm 
NET Rookie

I do remember Cutler making Earl Thomas (I think) look like a fool on one play last year. Cutler has underrated athleticism. But this is still funny.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

You can't stop Cutler. You can only hope to contain him.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

Tech Worlds wrote:
You can't stop Cutler. You can only hope to contain him.

I didn't know they made a bag big enough for his douchiness.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:00 pm 
* Smackmeister *

I might watch every bears game next season since I am a fan of Cutler...getting sacked.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:48 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

Cutler has some wheels, but I wouldn't count on him enjoying that too much. There are really only a few teams that can do it and even the Niners and Hawks aren't running it much. More about the threat than the actual use.

I wonder how the Skins will fare? RG3 really coming back like new? It seems they were the ones using it the most and eventually RG3 even got hurt.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:50 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

It was truly entertaining going into Chicago and winning three straight. I could see them winning the 2011 game without Cutler, but I had the other two chalked up as losses. 3 different QB's, same result.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:02 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

loafoftatupu wrote:
It was truly entertaining going into Chicago and winning three straight. I could see them winning the 2011 game without Cutler, but I had the other two chalked up as losses. 3 different QB's, same result.

3 straight? Did you forget the playoffs? We went to Chicago in round 2 and lost to them because, like our last @ 49ers game, our receivers couldn't catch the clap in a Mexican whorehouse that day. We've won the last two, lost the one before that, and won the one before that which was in the regular season of the same year we lost to them in the playoffs.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:47 am 
NET Veteran

The thing about the read-option is I don't think it takes a particularly mobile quarterback to run it, it's more of an evolution of the play-action pass than a new "gimmick".
Whereas before in PA the QB would always keep the ball, the read-option just requires the QB to make that decision on the fly. It's obviously more dangerous with mobile QBs, but I think anyone that has good pocket awareness could run a form of it

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:58 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

A one legged RGIII who would run the 40 in about 3 minutes gained 9 yards on us with a run option play. Applied properly, Cutler can use a tool like this well.

And anybody who thinks Trestman is going to put his QB in a ton of danger is being silly. Not to mention the most dangerous spot on Chicago's field is right behind the center. Watch Cutler play us, he does some pretty amazing stuff on the move.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:19 am 
* NET Radish *

Don't you have to be able to read before running that option?

:les:

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:57 am 
* NET E-Knight *

Scottemojo wrote:
A one legged RGIII who would run the 40 in about 3 minutes gained 9 yards on us with a run option play. Applied properly, Cutler can use a tool like this well.

And anybody who thinks Trestman is going to put his QB in a ton of danger is being silly. Not to mention the most dangerous spot on Chicago's field is right behind the center. Watch Cutler play us, he does some pretty amazing stuff on the move.

Like I said, Cutler has some moves, but I highly doubt they want him running the option like Wilson or RG3. RG3 on a bad knee is still more dangerous than Cutler on the run. Cutler can slip a tackle or two, but he is not a threat to reach the outside, which means defenses won't have to worry about contain as much. So, in your mind, where do you see Cutler running this read option? If he isn't a threat to get to the outside, and he isn't known for making quick decisions, that leaves Cutler essentially a sitting duck behind the line. The same line which he has taken a beating behind for the last few years. Obviously Trestman doesn't want to get Cutler hurt, but at the same time, there is no way Cutler runs this system effectively in Chicago without taking a few shots.

The ONLY saving grace to this decision isn't from Cutler's end, but I believe they have a pair of RBs that would work really well in the read option. I would imagine Cutler running the read option would be inclined to option to the RB 90% of the time.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:38 am 
NET Veteran

It seems that some teams don't understand that it takes a QB with a specific skill set to run the read option. Cutler isn't going to make it past week 3 if they start to employ the option.

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:29 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

NinerLifer wrote:
It seems that some teams don't understand that it takes a QB with a specific skill set to run the read option. Cutler isn't going to make it past week 3 if they start to employ the option.

Come on, remember that the NFL is a business that is in the business of providing entertainment. I'm going to pull a Russell Crowe from Gladiator here, and ask "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

I'd love to see Cutler with the read option.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:30 pm 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
NinerLifer wrote:

Come on, remember that the NFL is a business that is in the business of providing entertainment. I'm going to pull a Russell Crowe from Gladiator here, and ask "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

I'd love to see Cutler with the read option.

LOL...I'd love to see him in the option don't get me wrong as I would LMFAO.

And while we are at it, somebody tweet billacheat and convince him to run the option with Brady. If he would actually start running out of the pocket instead of planting roots, I imagine a few rules will be created to protect our QB's while running too! ;)

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]