Blast from the Past: The 1977 Seattle Seahawks

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Stumbled upon this on facebook and figured some might people appreciate it here. Might help kill the time at work. Long before the Hawks were everyone's preseason #1, they were still the coolest franchise to ever grace the NFL!

Man, I'd kill to hear John Facenda narrate the 2012 Seahawks NFL Films video. What a voice. The NFL needs another John Facenda.

Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• my christmas gift this year from my dad was a game ball from 1978 signed by the whole team, since that was the year I was born. Pretty cool to have those largent/zorn sigz.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• man i miss that walk up the parking ramp-like walkways to the first level.... was always so excited to finally get to the first door in and step through and see the field
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• wow i was 11 yrs old then.........thanks for the post.
    Darrenv17
    NET Rookie

• Hawknballs wrote:my christmas gift this year from my dad was a game ball from 1978 signed by the whole team, since that was the year I was born. Pretty cool to have those largent/zorn sigz.

That's dad of the year material right there. Awesome gift from pops!

Darrenv17 wrote:wow i was 11 yrs old then.........thanks for the post.

I was 10... years from being born. Even though I wasn't even a thought in the grand scheme of life, I still love watching all the old Seahawks clips about as much as anything current. Glad you liked the video, Darren!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• funny i posted this with a similar title a few months ago.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• KitsapHawk wrote:funny i posted this with a similar title a few months ago.

Just tryin to follow in your footsteps Kitsap :th2thumbs:
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• NYCoug wrote:
    KitsapHawk wrote:funny i posted this with a similar title a few months ago.

Just tryin to follow in your footsteps Kitsap :th2thumbs:

Patience, grasshopper.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sherman smith is like watching marshawn lynch.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

• StaffAmerica74 wrote:Sherman smith is like watching marshawn lynch.

That's exactly what I said. Too bad Al Hunter was sporting #24 that year. I guess the stars couldn't come into complete alignment to make that happen.

But c'mon these guys only went 5-9! LoL
    #BurnTheGrayPants
    sa_seahawker
    NET Bench Warmer

• I cried manly tears of pride.
    If not for that season we may not have stuck around as he eluded to near the end there

I also couldnt help but notice the similarities between that film and last season
    Love watching these classics from when I was -5
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I was 9 years old and that was truly the year I became a die-hard Seahawks fan. I never dreamed of the day we would have Russell Wilson as our QB but holy crapsticks here he is. Here comes the Super Bowl Championship! Whoo!

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Man oh Man, does this ever bring back memories. This was the greatest year for sports for me. I was 10 and was introduced to my favorite team playing my favorite team sport and also introduced to a Triple Crown winner in horse racing, the great Seattle Slew.
    Sherman Smith, Zorn, Largent.....Sigh. :th2thumbs:

Great year that affected me the rest of my life.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• This was the year I moved to Wash. State. I had became a Hawk fan while watching them play the Rams at L.A. collesium the previous year. Fun times with that team. We lost a lot of games but it was entertaining.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• "The Seattle Seahawks, joined the National Football League in 1976. Proud legions of Pacific Northwest sports fans flocked to Seattle's new Kingdome, to see if their newborn team could hold it's own, in the National Football Conference. First year expansion teams rarely play well, but in 1976 the Seahawks marched to a different drum, winning twice, while earning respect throughout the NFC. But could Seattle's rosy-faced youngsters survive a deadly American Football Conference schedule in '77? Would the Seahawks still have their bite against Denver, Oakland, Baltimore, and the rest of the AFC's superior, young football teams? In 1977, Seattle joined the rugged AFC. Many predicted this team would have trouble matching it's 2 wins of '76. Instead, the Seahawks won more games than any 2nd year club in NFL history. This is their story."

*Cue the majestic music*

Now I'm ready to have a great day!
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• I got teary eyed when I heard Pete Gross yell touchdown Seahawks.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Largent80 wrote: We lost a lot of games but it was entertaining.

Yes, they sure were fun to watch. While not in 77, the trick plays w/Zorn and Herrera were classic!
    Seattle may have lost quite a few games back then but they were damned fun to watch and pulled off some mighty upsets.
    Last edited by Seahwkgal on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• I remember that year, especially Sims and Smith.

They were so knew, I was still enamored by the uniforms and used to imitate Largent by catching the ball and falling like I was diving for a pass.

I broke my wrist and my imaginary career was finished for the season. My QB, Charlie, had to play Largent, while my left handed throw fit the Zorn model well. Good thing I was naturally left handed.

Man was I bummed when the playoffs started and my mom had to explain to me that only a few teams made it and the Hawks weren't one of them. LONG offseason that year. When you are 10, a year is forever.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I have all of these for every season other than 83,05,07,10 and 11. I wish there was some way i could share them all on this site.

If the Mods tell me a way to share these year in reviews of the hawks i would be willing to do it.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• rainger wrote:I have all of these for every season other than 83,05,07,10 and 11. I wish there was some way i could share them all on this site.

If the Mods tell me a way to share these year in reviews of the hawks i would be willing to do it.

I WOULD DOWNLOAD THE SHIT OUTTA THAT!!!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• dunceface wrote:
    rainger wrote:I have all of these for every season other than 83,05,07,10 and 11. I wish there was some way i could share them all on this site.

I WOULD DOWNLOAD THE SHIT OUTTA THAT!!!

Would love to add it for download just let me have a way. Up to the site to allow me to upload the vids.
    BTW I can upload these as either .Mov .MP4 or .AVI files up to the Mods what they want to do. PS these are all legal files and available for distribution.

if the Mods allow it I will upload 1 file a day for download. starting with the 77 season recap. I was unable to find a 76 recap.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• :salute:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Oh the memories....I was 19 and I ate, drank, and slept Seahawks football. I always thought the Seahawks would win a Superbowl way before Tampa Bay. Didn't work out that way. Please God, let it be this year.
    birdman5
    NET Rookie

• Well looks like there is no way for me to post all the seasons, or no one wants to read this thread and get the vid's or everyone already has them, or the Modsdo not want me making them avail.
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• NYCoug wrote:Stumbled upon this on facebook and figured some might people appreciate it here. Might help kill the time at work. Long before the Hawks were everyone's preseason #1, they were still the coolest franchise to ever grace the NFL!

Man, I'd kill to hear John Facenda narrate the 2012 Seahawks NFL Films video. What a voice. The NFL needs another John Facenda.

holy smokes! that was awesome! :thirishdrinkers:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• birdman5 wrote:Oh the memories....I was 19 and I ate, drank, and slept Seahawks football. I always thought the Seahawks would win a Superbowl way before Tampa Bay. Didn't work out that way. Please God, let it be this year.

Seems that I recall that we won the first two games against Tampa Bay. I, too, thought that we would see a SB win before them.....as did everybody in the Pacific Northwest!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• How about that Steve Raible tackling on the punt team?

Nice technique!
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

"...check your PM's!" - The Radish :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information