All this damn attention

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
All this damn attention
Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 pm
  • It's going to be a long time before we have a game pre season or otherwise, I am already sick of all these experts and media Knob Slobbering over us hoping to be able to say they were right when the season ends. All or most over the last few years calling our team, players and coaches wanna be's, failures, reaches, etc.

Whats worse is how so many on the board are rolling in the spewing that has come out of their mouth, as football fans in general we should know by now that all these people Knob Jobbing us now will bring out the daggers and fire and brimstone the second they have a opportunity.

Not a damn thing they say means a lick of anything if we don't look at each game as it's own war, every team in the league wants them to shut up about us and will do their best to do that, we have a NEON green target painted on our backs now, not just for what Sherman does since he is more replieing to things said, but what all the experts are saying. Teams are going to give us that extra shot or shove, with the how ya like that attitude prima donnas.

This is a position we can exploit or that can be used to exploit us from reading to many headlines, doing to many interviews, losing focus and having a game is won before we take the feild attitude, that leads to embarassing defeats and loss of momentum that we have built up the last few years.

Playing with a lead in not only a game but in opinions isn't something we have much expereince at as a team, Pete has in USC but this isn't USC, I trust Pete has a method here to work thru this, but will it be timely?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Re: All this damn attention
Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 pm
  • I love it, soak it up, we might not get loving like this ever again.... or its just the beginning.... woot woot
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:41 pm
  • I agree 100%. I never liked that we didn't get any attention but now that we have all of it, it feels weird. Paper champions rarely win anything and nothing is guaranteed. I hope the players keep focused. One game at a time every week, we've won nothing yet.

Just my opinion.

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:46 pm
  • Years and years of people complaining that we don't get respect etc. Now we do, and people don't like it. Awesome :thirishdrinkers:
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:00 pm
  • Paper champ? Absolutely. What other type of champ could there be in the offseason? Of course it means nothing. I'm enjoying all the hype. It's been fun.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 pm
  • Seahawk fans: Pissed when their team gets "disrespect"

Irritated when their team gets respect.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:46 pm
  • "We're not who they think we are" :?: How's that?
    Floridahawk79
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm
  • Why don't you just crown our asses?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:12 pm
  • If you want to crown them . . . . then . . crown their arse's

oops . . . SND beat me to it, oh well?
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:29 pm
  • I am enjoying it. It does feel a lil weird but it doesn't seem like its getting into the players heads
    I'm still hearing the "unfinished business" sentiment from more than a few players
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:31 pm
  • Hey, the team is a flat out Superbowl contender, this is what comes with being a favorite. I'm loving it
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:01 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Hey, the team is a flat out Superbowl contender, this is what comes with being a favorite. I'm loving it

Super Bowl? Don't talk about the Super Bowl.

SUPER BOWL?!

;)
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:03 pm
  • I just got back from Colorado. I was rocking the Hawks gear and everyone had something possitive to say. It's way different from years past.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:24 pm
  • Man, I don't feel bipolar.

Funny, but seems like you'd have to be to be a Hawks fan. People have been bitching about media disrespect for as long as I can remember (and I've done it as well). Now, people are pissed we're getting attention. Ironic, and funny.

I just hope our players don't read the hype and lose that edge and let the chip fall of their collective shoulders. We have lots of high profile FA's coming here to win.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:33 pm
  • PC won't let this team get over-confident
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 pm
  • here's the thing, that one thing, all ya gotta do is sink em all!
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:39 pm
  • Bring it!!!

It's great for the media to finally get something special is being put together here.

Oh, for the doubters something special is being put together here.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken. The OLine still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:47 pm
  • This has been like Seahawk Christmas. I love it! I am living in the moment and readying myself to get used to this. Its time for a run.
    Smoke
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:28 am
  • Something like the current Seahawks franchise comes around maybe once a lifetime if you're lucky (for a fanbase). Doubly so if you are a Seattle sports fan. Why not soak it up and enjoy every moment of it over the next 10-15 years?

There are still a few Baghdad Bob's sprinkled out there that think the Seahawks are paper tigers. I won't be happy until every last one of them realizes how stupid they are for doubting.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:55 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Russell Wilson won't let this team get over-confident

Fixed it for you.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:32 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:I just got back from Colorado. I was rocking the Hawks gear and everyone had something possitive to say. It's way different from years past.

I agree. I live in Colorado and it seems like we've done stepped out of the shadow that once was the AFC West Seattle Seahawks. What once was made a mockery of my team has now become a legitimate respect and fear for them. I'm lovin' it. :0190l:
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am
  • I like it. I also look at it this way- We earned the respect of the media because of Russell Wilson and Pete's decision to start him. It was a ballsy move that got everyone's attention. After that it was on RW to perform. I kept waiting for him to stumble (media too) and look like a complete rook but he never did. He just kept getting better and better. There was really never a letdown game last year in that regard. We didn't crash and burn or look bi-polar or schizophrenic as in years past. In past years we would always give the media doubt by having several WTF games between some really awesome football. That left them with one foot in and one out never really buying in. I think this year everyone is buying in. my 2 cents.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:33 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Years and years of people complaining that we don't get respect etc. Now we do, and people don't like it. Awesome :thirishdrinkers:

It's not the respect, we started to get that, it's the gushing over the top stuff that all of them appear to be doing.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:42 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:Man, I don't feel bipolar.

Funny, but seems like you'd have to be to be a Hawks fan. People have been bitching about media disrespect for as long as I can remember (and I've done it as well). Now, people are pissed we're getting attention. Ironic, and funny.

I just hope our players don't read the hype and lose that edge and let the chip fall of their collective shoulders. We have lots of high profile FA's coming here to win.

Not pissed, more like irritated, everyone on their knees for us now could not be found over the last three. Yes we have went out and did everything up to this point these so called experts and media types were going on and on about us not being able to do, proving them wrong has been very satisfieing. Just calling them out on the bandwagon suckfest of the Seattle Seahawks after years of blasting us.

Kinda like the disgruntled brother in law that hated you and kept telling your wife you were a failure only to be the first in line to ask for a loan and hand out after you became successful.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm
  • sc85sis wrote:Ride the wave. Enjoy the ride. Etc.

Not only is Pete showing us how to play football he's showing us how to handle being celebrity.

:th2thumbs:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information