Robert Woods is the most underrated player in the 2013 draft

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Matt Miller is a "wanna be draft analyst". He works for Bleacher Report and I do not trust his sources at all. Trust me, he is a joke. I follow him on twitter because it's funny.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1n49065m said:
CHawks4L":1n49065m said:
Chances of him dropping to us are greater in light of injury news:

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2h
NFL scout tell me USC Robert Woods may need to sit out a year due to an ankle injury. "Could play now, but better to wait until 100%."
I don't buy that for a second. That is on par with the Dan Marino is a coke head, please please let him fall to us rumor.

Since when do ankles take a year to heal?
Since it's been bothering him for two years. He hurt it in a pickup basketball game two years ago and had surgery a year ago. I'd heard rumors he still wasn't healed, but no one knew for sure because of USC's policy of not commenting on injuries.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I could see Minnesota using a first in him. But yeah, he's been swept under the media rug over the last 4 months.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ankle injuries are a pain in the ass. I've broken the same ankle twice and they never heal properly. Hurt my other ankle with an impact injury and thought it was just a little sprained. I couldn't walk properly for months and didn't play sport again for a year. No broken bones, no ligament damage... but it messed up my knee joint and I couldn't walk on my ankle.

The thing is, in all of those instances I couldn't play wide receiver for USC and I couldn't run an unofficial 4.4 at the combine. So if Woods' ankle is bad enough that he has to essentially redshirt for a season, I'm not buying that. It's either injured or it's not. When I watched the Trojans last year I didn't see a guy playing on an ankle that needed a year off. Whatever he's done will probably never be 100% but he can also manage the situation and never have any issues.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He played nearly all of 2011 with a bum ankle before having surgery last year. A lot of the time he was held out of part or all of the practices so he could play on Saturday, which makes it even more amazing that he had such a fantastic season that year.

billio155

Reaction score
What do you want to bet the Packers pick Woods if he is there in the first round. After watching his tape, it's obvious, he has Packers receiver written all over him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
billio155":37gd9aie said:
What do you want to bet the Packers pick Woods if he is there in the first round. After watching his tape, it's obvious, he has Packers receiver written all over him.
That is a really good call, unless the playoff trouncing from Kaepernick makes them draft defense. But yeah, he just looks like a Packer.