NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sorry fellas it the black radio version, says Sony Walkman on it, Fred Meyer still sells them, that's where I bought it in December.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":4hs64t1l said:
Sorry fellas it the black radio version, says Sony Walkman on it, Fred Meyer still sells them, that's where I bought it in December.

Well, that is pretty ghetto, unless you carry it in a fanny pack.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LOL, It's work, not a fashion show. It's not that big, it's not nano small, it's about half the size of My iPhone.

hawker84

Reaction score
i uses to use my walkman on jogs back in the day... would have been great if not for all the cd skipping and such...

Throwdown

Reaction score
hawker84":1afjp3jd said:
i uses to use my walkman on jogs back in the day... would have been great if not for all the cd skipping and such...

Thank god for my iPod when I go jogging.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
hawker84":dtajwsoa said:

You had a cd Walkman!? Fancy!

I rocked the cassette version, I wore my Pyromania Def Leopard tape out! :)

Shut up, I was 12!

pinksheets

Reaction score
BREAKING: Sac announces third investor! Some dude who owns some software company....

to soften the blow that they failed to come to an arena deal as of today, the self-imposed deadline. Things could be winding down.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Yeah... just read Sonics Rising, if todays any indication of things, Sonic's are back next season and I'm buying You & Seatown a McDouble at the McDonalds across the street.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Wow, so this guy is actually taking over as the lead investor for buying the team. Mastrov would be a minority owner. Seems like an insane shake up at this point in the game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pinksheets":38c5fn2u said:
Wow, so this guy is actually taking over as the lead investor for buying the team. Mastrov would be a minority owner. Seems like an insane shake up at this point in the game.

I don't see this shaking out, he's a minority stake owner for the Warriors, can he even go to the NBA and show them anything for ANOTHER team while he still owns part of another team?

Throwdown

Reaction score
In other news, in light of this newest development that Pinksheets has brought to .NET's attention, it appears that Blitzer88 boxed his Sonics gear again, only to bring it back out on the 3rd and 18th of April.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":391b6nu1 said:
In other news, in light of this newest development that Pinksheets has brought to .NET's attention, it appears that Blitzer88 boxed his Sonics gear again, only to bring it back out on the 3rd and 18th of April.

Your telling me.......I've run out of packing tape because I opened and re-closed my Sonic's gear box again, again and again. It would be so much more convenient if they just made it official, no?

And on the Sac-town news that came out today, this could be good news for us. An investor switch this late in the game does not show the NBA BOG stability within the proposed investment group that they are probably looking for.

chris98251

Reaction score
This not only shows desperation but lack of organzation, lack of being able to keep deadlines, and lack of follow thru, as the article says, all with everyone who makes the decisions from the NBA looking on and taking notes. Is this the group you want leading a franchise in the NBA ? They have to be thinking or that other group lead by Mr. Hansen, who has seemingly been one step or more ahead at every situation in his purchasing and relocation offer.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Throwdown":3bv1rwv9 said:
pinksheets":3bv1rwv9 said:

I don't see this shaking out, he's a minority stake owner for the Warriors, can he even go to the NBA and show them anything for ANOTHER team while he still owns part of another team?
He'd have to sell his stake in the Warriors. The NBA does not allow an individual ownership in more than one team, or Paul Allen would own the Sonics right now.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":u5qdayqf said:
Throwdown":u5qdayqf said:
pinksheets":u5qdayqf said:

He'd have to sell his stake in the Warriors. The NBA does not allow an individual ownership in more than one team, or Paul Allen would own the Sonics right now.

I know, but right now I don't see how he's allowed to be out here actually fronting this when he owns a stake in Golden State, just seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.