"the Seahawks have SB48 written all over them"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• C'mon Greg, you forgot the "Dripping with talent, the Seahawks..." part.

That's the most satisfying part of the last sentence.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• So much media positivity......I can't handle it! :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039: :240039:
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Meh, this guy lists under Minnesota's defensive overview how the loss of Harvin will impact them.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• SalishHawkFan wrote:Meh, this guy lists under Minnesota's defensive overview how the loss of Harvin will impact them.

Not saying that he was saying this, but losing an offensive weapon that helps you move the chains and keep the ball on the offensive side DOES hurt the defense by making them spend more time on the field. Again, not putting words in the writers mouth, he could have just erred in his writing, but there can be a ring of truth to that.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I thought maybe the Seahawks got drunk at a party, and somebody with a sharpie punked them, but nope, it was an article about the best roster in football.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• All of this Hawks attention gives me great satisfaction and excitement, and also at the same time freaks me out. I'm not used to this. Since when did the rest of the country realize we have a NFL team in Seattle?

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:Meh, this guy lists under Minnesota's defensive overview how the loss of Harvin will impact them.

Not saying that he was saying this, but losing an offensive weapon that helps you move the chains and keep the ball on the offensive side DOES hurt the defense by making them spend more time on the field. Again, not putting words in the writers mouth, he could have just erred in his writing, but there can be a ring of truth to that.

Remember when we would get dissed by the media and they'd have some other team they liked and they didn't know the first thing about our team and got stuff wrong? We knew they were idiots just following the current "it" team like sheep.

Now we're the current "it" team, but the guy's still an idiot sheep.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• If we are continuing to look strong in August, then the Prime Time schedulers will take notice and we could be on two Sunday Night Football programs and at least one Monday Night game! :th2thumbs:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I just hope we remember all this love when the inevitable 'why do the media hate us?' thread crops up in October because some guy said our kick off's were sloppy or something.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• You know it's gonna happen, so so just chill with your 'cup a tea and a buh-uh-fly' :mrgreen:
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I just hope we remember all this love when the inevitable 'why do the media hate us?' thread crops up in October because some guy said our kick off's were sloppy or something.

They won't. We'll have to do some pointing out/shaming.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I hate it !

Wait, I love it !

Gah, can someone tell me how to handle this media love ?
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Bigpumpkin wrote:If we are continuing to look strong in August, then the Prime Time schedulers will take notice and we could be on two Sunday Night Football programs and at least one Monday Night game! :th2thumbs:

dream on.... have you bumped your head? :229031_confused2:
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Starter

• zhawk wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:If we are continuing to look strong in August, then the Prime Time schedulers will take notice and we could be on two Sunday Night Football programs and at least one Monday Night game! :th2thumbs:

dream on.... have you bumped your head? :229031_confused2:

Three "National" prime time broadcasts....count on it! :thirishdrinkers:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I was sort of worried about the attention they are getting, but there is no way that this team lets it get to their play. Not with RW and the level of hunger on these guys. They know what they have to do to win.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• We, the Seahawks fan base, need to stop being so insecure about media attention. Christ, we are looking like what 49ers fans think we are; a bunch of fresh noobs to the spotlight, a franchise that has been irrelevant its entire existence, whose fans have no idea how to handle success. Let's enjoy the spotlight, yes? Did heavy media attention prevent the Giants, who are in NYC of all places, from winning a couple Super Bowls a few years apart? How about the Patriots? The 49ers back in the 80s/early 90s? No, I didn't think so.

Let's act like something other than 18-year-olds going to a 5-star restaurant for the first time, yes?

Enjoy the media love. Thrive on it. Know it's earned, and let's mentally prepare ourselves for what looks to be a fantastic season later this year.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:We, the Seahawks fan base, need to stop being so insecure about media attention. Christ, we are looking like what 49ers fans think we are; a bunch of fresh noobs to the spotlight, a franchise that has been irrelevant its entire existence, whose fans have no idea how to handle success. Let's enjoy the spotlight, yes? Did heavy media attention prevent the Giants, who are in NYC of all places, from winning a couple Super Bowls a few years apart? How about the Patriots? The 49ers back in the 80s/early 90s? No, I didn't think so.

Let's act like something other than 18-year-olds going to a 5-star restaurant for the first time, yes?

Enjoy the media love. Thrive on it. Know it's earned, and let's mentally prepare ourselves for what looks to be a fantastic season later this year.

I think all of us have seen hyped teams fail to live up to the expectations. Then, instead of ignoring you, the national media snicker, and chuckle, and write heavy articles about What Went Wrong with the Seahawks.

I'd rather continue to fly under the radar until we have a sustained level of success. We simply don't have that yet.
    HawkHack
    NET Rookie

• HawkHack wrote:I think all of us have seen hyped teams fail to live up to the expectations. Then, instead of ignoring you, the national media snicker, and chuckle, and write heavy articles about What Went Wrong with the Seahawks.

I'd rather continue to fly under the radar until we have a sustained level of success. We simply don't have that yet.

Of course; but I've never seen the Seahawks in a state like this. Definitely not in the off-season leading up to our 2005 season. We are not sliding this year, and I'll guarantee it. I've NEVER felt this way about the Seahawks. Even when I've hoped, it was more of a nervous hope. Not now. I'm not guaranteeing how far all go in the playoffs, but we're not getting less than 11 wins this year.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Re:
Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:26 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    HawkHack wrote:I think all of us have seen hyped teams fail to live up to the expectations. Then, instead of ignoring you, the national media snicker, and chuckle, and write heavy articles about What Went Wrong with the Seahawks.

Of course; but I've never seen the Seahawks in a state like this. Definitely not in the off-season leading up to our 2005 season. We are not sliding this year, and I'll guarantee it. I've NEVER felt this way about the Seahawks. Even when I've hoped, it was more of a nervous hope. Not now. I'm not guaranteeing how far all go in the playoffs, but we're not getting less than 11 wins this year.

Agreed. I have always been so superstitious over the years for that exact reason!
    Nowadays it feels much more sure because of the level of talent and dedication these players are playing with. GO HAWKS!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I want to take that story out behind the bleachers and make it pregnant.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• We as the Hawks fan base need to exude the same level of confidence in our team that Russell Wilson does in himself.

I have no doubt that the Hawks will excel this year.

They just will.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• All this rah-rah stuff gets a bit worrysome. Well tiresome too. I hate it when the media trys to get the fans to be as dumb as they are. Remember how rarely the media is correct.

I'd prefer we play the games first.

:roll:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:All this rah-rah stuff gets a bit worrysome. Well tiresome too. I hate it when the media trys to get the fans to be as dumb as they are. Remember how rarely the media is correct.

Whens the last time the media went out of its way to fluff the Seahawks fan base? Yep never. If this were NE, GB, Dallas, SanFran or any of the other storied franchises with enormous fan bases I would take it with a grain of salt also but that is not what this is, This is real recognition of what Pete and John have accomplished in the last few years.

It doesn't guarantee us anything but if we do get to a super bowl it will be nice to know that Vegas won't be faced with losing tons of money if we win.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

• RichNhansom wrote:
    The Radish wrote:All this rah-rah stuff gets a bit worrysome. Well tiresome too. I hate it when the media trys to get the fans to be as dumb as they are. Remember how rarely the media is correct.

Whens the last time the media went out of its way to fluff the Seahawks fan base? Yep never. If this were NE, GB, Dallas, SanFran or any of the other storied franchises with enormous fan bases I would take it with a grain of salt also but that is not what this is, This is real recognition of what Pete and John have accomplished in the last few years.

It doesn't guarantee us anything but if we do get to a super bowl it will be nice to know that Vegas won't be faced with losing tons of money if we win.

Truth.
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• The Radish wrote:All this rah-rah stuff gets a bit worrysome. Well tiresome too. I hate it when the media trys to get the fans to be as dumb as they are. Remember how rarely the media is correct.

We're definitely setting ourselves up for some huge disappointment if things don't pan out for us, but even you have to admit, this is a good looking team we've got here.

It's going to be madness around here if we drop the season opener.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

You say that but every year they predict that the Seahawks won't win the superbowl and they've been right about that every single time.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• themunn wrote:
    The Radish wrote:All this rah-rah stuff gets a bit worrysome. Well tiresome too. I hate it when the media trys to get the fans to be as dumb as they are. Remember how rarely the media is correct.

You say that but every year they predict that the Seahawks won't win the superbowl and they've been right about that every single time.

Sadly yes they have. lol

I just hope we don't start acting like other teams in the mainstream media, acting like idiots about our team.

And I could care less if Vegas loses every penny the have on the Seahawks. They deserve it!

:les:
    Getting ready for some football
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• media love..bahahaha..um, hahaha...media doesnt know its ass from a hole in the ground. they just follow the ït'team. they certainly dont love us..they hate us, but have to follow and report on us...screw them, I despise all of them
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

• I wouldn't get too excited about who the "cool kids" in the media are currently calling the most popular boy in school. In fact, it makes me nervous. As much as I want to get excited, I have to keep reminding myself that the Seahawks were a couple good bounces and some questionable calls away from a 9-7 record last season.
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer

• RolandDeschain wrote:Enjoy the media love. Thrive on it. Know it's earned, and let's mentally prepare ourselves for what looks to be a fantastic season later this year.

How has it been earned? We had, I'd say, the third most enjoyable season we have had in our existence last year. The exciting season, probably our most exciting on a game to game basis, is already in the past. However, as Michael Robinson said just yesterday, "You still need to play the games." I will illustrate my point, with bringing up the 2007 Cleveland Browns. They had an unexpected QB in Anderson have a great season, they had a few games where they scored 30+ points, 40+ points and a 51 point game, so they were lighting it up as we were. Their defense also won them some games, and their losses (except for two) were all close games that could have gone either way. They won more than anyone expected. Browns fans were just as excited for the 2008 season as we are for 2013. The media was all over their possibilities as they are with us, though we are being talked about going all the way more than they were. They won four games in 2008.

Earning the talk is about in season work, game in and game out. I don't say all that to bring anyone down. I freely admit that this front office has exceeded my expectations in each season that they have been a part of. Hell, I said we could only win three games with Tarvaris Jackson and damn, if we didn't win seven. However, we haven't earned anything yet in regards to 2013.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information