Feel that 'ol bandwagon tide coming in? lol

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
So many fans of other teams in the PNW--we need to start an official amnesty program. If you finally have come to your senses and swear alliegence to the hometown team, you are pardoned for your past sins and poor taste.

This time... :th2thumbs:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The Radish":2vln4j72 said:
Seahwkgal":2vln4j72 said:
Also, I joined Seahawks.net in 2005 when it was on Scout. I managed to keep my user ID but lost post count from that time. I even managed to come out to a game in 2007 and met a few cool folks from this board. I had a blast and hope to come out this season if money allows.

Damn right gal. We remember that well, what a great day that was. We still have the Seahawks lap robe we bought cause you showed us yours.

If you get over this year we'll come over to say hello whether we go the game or not.

:les:
It's a plan then. I hope the money thing comes through cause I think this coming season is going to be special. :th2thumbs:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":2l8rxwwi said:
I remember stumbling upon this amazing site back when in the Doug Farrar, Steve Harper days. Man how things have changed since then, for the better. There's no where else I'd rather waste valuable, precious moments of my life. If there's a sure-fire addiction I have in my life, it's this place, without a doubt. I'm a diehard Blue Jays fan too, and yet I can't stand most of the forums/blogs and the "holier than though"/know it all attitude that you find on most other forums. This is it for me. I laugh a lot and got valuable Hawks knowledge here, what more could I ask for?

I joined back in 1999 or 2000, right after Holmgern took over I jumped on the bangwagon. I too rememebr the Farrar and Steve Hapar days, and the .net obsession with Amber Lancaster. I like the hawks but this site following from one host to the next has always kept us informed up the the second. I hope more fans join in the fun.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Was born into the seahawks, my dad passed the love onto me, Im 26 and some of my oldest memorys are seahawk games, and hearing my dad tell me storys about the original seahawk team, how amazing largent was...and other seattle teams. I remember he looooved efren herrera, I used to love hearing the storys about his fake fieldgoals n stuff.

My dad owned a trophy shop in seattle and had newspaper clippings with pictures of some of the players off the champion sonics and himself, I think it was 79?

storys about the Seattle Pilots, and basically anything seattle...

So I guess I was born a hawks fan, and I found this board years ago, but never posted tell recently...love this place, and enjoy talking to other hawk fans...( Im in northern california at the moment, deal with ALOT of 9er fans....only have a few friends that love the hawks

Edit: It sucks to be a hawk fan in seattle sometimes, I got rivalry hate for oakland from the AFC days, and 9er hate since we got to the nfc....My dad passed away december 2011, It sucks that he didn't get to see our amazing season last year....Im sure he made sure he got amazing seats for hawks games in heaven tho lol

HawkEye

Reaction score
True fans are loyal no matter how old they are or where they live.

Absolutely true. I live in Mexico City and I have been a fan since I saw the very first Seahawks game vs the 49ers in the Kingdome (My father worked then in Washington as a graphic designer).

I've been a fan trough bright and dark times, but I believe bandwagon fans are a result of our team WINNING, and that's always good.
We longtime Seahawks fans developed a strange pride for being a underdog, overlooked team, and it's totally understandable for us to feel a little uncomfortable with all the exposure our team is getting.

But hey, greatness is to be embraced, and I welcome all new fans!!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ob9gr3xs said:
NYCoug":ob9gr3xs said:
I remember stumbling upon this amazing site back when in the Doug Farrar, Steve Harper days. Man how things have changed since then, for the better. There's no where else I'd rather waste valuable, precious moments of my life. If there's a sure-fire addiction I have in my life, it's this place, without a doubt. I'm a diehard Blue Jays fan too, and yet I can't stand most of the forums/blogs and the "holier than though"/know it all attitude that you find on most other forums. This is it for me. I laugh a lot and got valuable Hawks knowledge here, what more could I ask for?

I joined back in 1999 or 2000, right after Holmgern took over I jumped on the bangwagon. I too rememebr the Farrar and Steve Hapar days, and the .net obsession with Amber Lancaster. I like the hawks but this site following from one host to the next has always kept us informed up the the second. I hope more fans join in the fun.

Ahhh, Amber Lancaster...

image.jpg

The Radish

Reaction score
I think most everyone knows this but just in case...

You can see Amber on The Price is Right everyday. She still looks great and was one of 2-3 Seagals in those days that supported .net even tho the Seahawks front office told them not to.

A couple used to post here in those days and always got treated well. I'm not sure that would be the case now.

:les:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
As far as bandwagoners are concerned I've always thought it had less to do with when they started rooting for the Hawks and more about if they ever STOP. I'm sure there are a lot more people following the Hawks now then there were last year, but I wouldn't write them off as bandwagoners unless they jump ship when things take a turn for the worse.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If you're older than 30 a good test of whether or not you were a bandwagon fan is if you were still with the team when John Elway consistently destroyed it. I still have nightmares about Horse Face and that stupid smile.

I guess this team can have bandwagon fans if you look at how successful they have been over the last decade. Before that...ugh.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
I live near the Twin Cities. And Viking fans are the most fair weather fans(to be fair the Twins and T-wolves fans are as well, they love the hockey no matter what). They jump on and off the bandwagon for exercise. I discovered the Seahawks when I was eight(1978) and have been loving the good, the bad, and the ugly for 35 years.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":39zd43l0 said:
How do you figure? We all jumped upon the Seahawk bandwagon at some point for some reason or another. Some of us (probably all of us, on this site) then became huge, big time fans. Some leapt back off when things werent going well, or whenever the reason they originally jumped on the bandwagon was gone.

I cheer for them because I was born in Tacoma, does that make me a bandwagon fan? :roll:

Also I'm not sure the Seahawks ever had one thing or player to jump on the bandwagon for, lol.

CTlunchbox

Reaction score
New to the site. Been a Hawks fan seen 77. In 3rd grade the kid sitting in front of me has a Raiders lunchbox, on one side is likeness of Mark Van Egan and the other side of the box is all the helmets. He asks, "Who's your favourite team?" Totally random I pick the team with the coolest one. As for all the bandwagon nonsense. How Cares? Let them, maybe some will wise up, settle down and stick around. Besides, it's good for business. The sales department is lovin it. Also walking in a airport I'd rather see a bunch of Seahawks tees, better than having 49ers, Cowboys, or &$@;#& Steelers crap on people's backs and having to look at it. Just a thought.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
I joined under the Mora administration. If only we had gotten a few more dirtbags I could be considered a .netbandwagoner. nevermind, I bought into the curry hype that year so in a sense I am worse than a bandwagoner. As much as I like malcolm smith, I hope we draft a WLB and he chooses number 59...

zhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1v577j9g said:
Unless youre super, super old and were an original fan in 1976, we were all bandwagon fans at one time or another.

didn't know they existed til '77. I know :white_flag: , but have never waivered since.

AVL

Reaction score
What can be confusing is that some fans want to belong to successful fan bases while others enjoy watching and cheering for talented and/ or exiting players.

Russell Wilson freely states/admits that he was a bandwagon fan growing up because he wanted to watch the best. Trade him.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Im pretty sure my fellow East Coast Hawk fans, or really anyone out of Washingtonfor that matter, is silently being called a bandwagoner when he or she walks down the street in any Seahawk gear.

Screw em.

DericLee

Reaction score
So according to some, I must be a bandwagoner.

I started at 5, my grandfather got me into watching the Seahawks, and teaching me football.

I've never 'jumped off', in fact I was one of the very few kids at school(Aberdeen, WA) who actually was a Seahawks fan, most where Cowboys, Raiders, Niners, or Denver fans.

On the play ground I was always "Steve Largent", while everyone else was big names from other teams.

Unfortunately I was not born till '79, so I couldn't be there from the start.....but I haven't left since I started...so I guess I'm an OG bandwagoner?

Not really sure how any of this works.....

The Radish

Reaction score
Hey lunchbox, welcome to Seahawks.net. Glad you finally started posting.

And Deric????? shut up, you're stuck with us and you know it.

:th2thumbs: