Uralcher for 2.5 million

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Biggiec76":3otm3v91 said:
Instincts and veteran knowledge and he was 4.5 speed what does he play at today? Also we draft a replacement that is better, is urlachet better than leroy at this point

Horrific idea. He's never played the WILL, He's always been a MIKE.
He's riddled with injuries and I'd suspect Malcolmn Smith would play at a higher level. Afterall he's has several years of experience in this system (going back to college) Plus he's way cheaper.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Throwdown":25glkfyc said:
I dunno but your avy, man! Lawd hammercy!

No Kidding-- I just might become a SUPERMAN fan with that display. Good grief.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1f5mucoz said:
Player released. Thread pops up on .Net within minutes.

Groundhog Day.

No kidding. I'm surprised we don't see more threads suggesting we bring retired players back

Largent80

Reaction score
Would not sign, even for free. We have no use for an old, oft injured and S L O W linebacker.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
urlacher is best going to a team that lacks leadership and can use his veteran savvy.

That is not the Hawks. They have defensive leaders that are younger and less of an injury risk, you don't want to ruin that chemistry by bringing in another big name but spent player.

lukerguy

Reaction score
We struggled against the run last year, and he ranked 31st vs the run. I'd sign him as a back up but he won't take back up money.

The Radish

Reaction score
Of course this is the same guy that whined to Chi-Town TV and sports channels about the Seahawks being a dirty play team? That was just the next morning. He actually ran a play down from behind in that game, so still shows flashes of speed.

But he also got injured that game and I'm not sure he played anymore that season.

Just say no to Brian Urlacher. Anyway he would never show his face here after that game.

:evil:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
thre isnt a more washed up LB in the league than this guy. Dude has been done for almost 2 years.

A

Anonymous

Maybe BU was sandbagging it the last few years...?

If he can show me 4.6 speed and a flawless physical, then maybe.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":22vib22n said:
I guarantee we draft for this spot, at the very least for competition.

We've drafted a LB, DB, DL and OL in every year under the Carroll regime.

It makes sense, as those positions tend to be affected by depth and attrition more than most. It doesn't seem like it's a coincidence.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Too old, and now too slow, no thanks!

Besides that, while he was one of the best, time waits for nobody and his time is past.

We have a quality young MLB and don't need one that is old slow and expensive. Further we don't need the media circus Urlacher would bring with him. Let him go somewhere where the team actually need a 1 or maybe 2 year guy with seriously declining skills who is now injury prone.

Younger, bigger, faster, stronger, something good is being built here and we don't need another team's tired castoff to put us over the top and lead us to the championship long sought and so far denied.

There are very few old players that can help this team, Urlacher isn't one of them. New young blood is the true direction the team needs to take.

sutz

Reaction score
The Seahawks are past the time when they need to sign big name FAs to sell tickets and fill seats. Nor do they lack in veteran leadership.

The product is on the field, the goal is winning games. IMHO BU would not contribute to that in a positive way.

drdiags

Reaction score
Bears barely wanted to give him $2M. Any team would be foolish to pay him $2.5M. I agree with those who say this team doesn't need to be in the mode of grabbing older veterans to establish a foundation. If this was the Seahawks under Pete and John the first year, maybe but not at the price listed by the ever zealous OP poster.

There is a place for a player like Urlacher but his knees are a big problem. This was known prior to last season and the Bears tried to manage it and he still was unable to last. What makes the OP think he can last an entire season now?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Maybe Lofa Tatupu is available, lest we forget, he is grrrr....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
This is a great idea! .NET needs someone to pin losses on, otherwise, it'll exploded from the built-up pressure.