Is Anybody Going To Every Game On The Schedule?

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2r653a4x said:
So who would throw some real support behind a Kickstarter for a fan's documentary of the Seahawks? I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of going to all 19 games.

You know that thought has crossed my mind too!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I will be at SF, AZ and I am working on STL. First time I will have made more than one road trip. I actually like going to the STL games, I have never seen the Hawks lose there.

With the NFCS, it isn't as easy to fork up. Would love to make an East Coast trip though.

I never miss home games, only one since 2002.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1bgwen0l said:
I will be at SF, AZ and I am working on STL. First time I will have made more than one road trip. I actually like going to the STL games, I have never seen the Hawks lose there.

With the NFCS, it isn't as easy to fork up. Would love to make an East Coast trip though.

I never miss home games, only one since 2002.

THAT's reppin' the 12! Nice work. I've ha every intention of joining the Midwest Seahawkers, (of which I am a member) in St Louis for a game. Hopefully this year. Enjoy!

rjdriver

Reaction score
All of our away out of division games are pretty expensive seats. I was hoping that we would have Jax or TB on the road this year. Easy to find and affordable tickets, plus warm weather cities. Nashville would have been cool too.

NY is too much $....

Truth be told, good tickets are going to be hard to find for a reasonable price wherever we play. We are
the big game on everyone's schedule. We are the game nobody wants to give a away. We are the heavyweights everyone will want to beat. We are like when LeBron and the heat come to town.

Damn that feels good to say that.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":36c93hyf said:
Man it would be awesome. I'm planning on traveling to the Houston, Arizona and possibly NY Giants games.

DEFINITELY want to make the New York game, and Houston has my interest, too, for some reason.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Of course if there is one particular game that a ton of .netters are going to be at, I'll be there this year. Money be damned.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2b3jpeov said:
FlyingGreg":2b3jpeov said:
Man it would be awesome. I'm planning on traveling to the Houston, Arizona and possibly NY Giants games.

DEFINITELY want to make the New York game, and Houston has my interest, too, for some reason.

Let's make some plans that involve copius amounts of brew.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
rjdriver":34i7xp5m said:
All of our away out of division games are pretty expensive seats. I was hoping that we would have Jax or TB on the road this year. Easy to find and affordable tickets, plus warm weather cities. Nashville would have been cool too.

NY is too much $....

Truth be told, good tickets are going to be hard to find for a reasonable price wherever we play. We are
the big game on everyone's schedule. We are the game nobody wants to give a away. We are the heavyweights everyone will want to beat. We are like when LeBron and the heat come to town.

Damn that feels good to say that.

Truth!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2n8jzl4z said:
So who would throw some real support behind a Kickstarter for a fan's documentary of the Seahawks? I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of going to all 19 games.

Hey, don't sweat it man. I'll make the sacrifice for you. Just stay home and watch and I'll do the documentary haha

It's always been a dream of mine to do this. This would seem to be the perfect year to do it. Imagine the looks on the players/coaches faces when they realize that you're the same dude they talked to before the game LAST week... on the other side of the country! There would be definite respect and you'd probably get your 15 minutes of fame. I've always told myself that if I run into a bunch of $, after hookin up my friends, family, etc. the first thing I'd get for myself would be never watching another Seahawks game on TV again.

I met a New York City Firefighter two years ago prior to the start of the season. As luck would have it, we were talking football and it turns out we're both Seahawks fanatics. He is better than me at life though because he has season tickets and flies out to Seattle for every home game! I was amazed and still am. I think he actually said that he goes to away games too. That man is a hero and a saint in my book. Who knows, maybe he is reading this.

rjdriver

Reaction score
NYCoug":3abzds94 said:
Seahawk Sailor":3abzds94 said:

Hey, don't sweat it man. I'll make the sacrifice for you. Just stay home and watch and I'll do the documentary haha

It's always been a dream of mine to do this. This would seem to be the perfect year to do it. Imagine the looks on the players/coaches faces when they realize that you're the same dude they talked to before the game LAST week... on the other side of the country! There would be definite respect and you'd probably get your 15 minutes of fame. I've always told myself that if I run into a bunch of $, after hookin up my friends, family, etc. the first thing I'd get for myself would be never watching another Seahawks game on TV again.

I met a New York City Firefighter two years ago prior to the start of the season. As luck would have it, we were talking football and it turns out we're both Seahawks fanatics. He is better than me at life though because he has season tickets and flies out to Seattle for every home game! I was amazed and still am. I think he actually said that he goes to away games too. That man is a hero and a saint in my book. Who knows, maybe he is reading this.

A firefighter who flies transcon to see every Seahawks home game?

I should have been a firefighter.

jamsomatic

Reaction score
NYCoug":311u3hx8 said:
Hey, don't sweat it man. I'll make the sacrifice for you.

It's always been a dream of mine to do this. This would seem to be the perfect year to do it.

Let's hear it for action and devotion to an idea!

8months and 12 games later....... How's this working out for ya, brotha?

Reaction score
jamsomatic":1hx6whkn said:
NYCoug":1hx6whkn said:
Hey, don't sweat it man. I'll make the sacrifice for you.

It's always been a dream of mine to do this. This would seem to be the perfect year to do it.

Let's hear it for action and devotion to an idea!

8months and 12 games later....... How's this working out for ya, brotha?

As of the Vikings game, when I talked to NYCoug at Temple, I think he'd been to every game - I'm pretty certain that he was here for New Orleans that he's looking for a ticket to this weeks Niners game, and I know for sure that he's going to the Giants game in a week and a half (I'll be there with him for my first away game).

jamsomatic

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":762c7e6b said:
Going to one game is already beyond expensive, going to all 16? Never gonna happen for me.

I hear ya there, brotha! Me to! Which is why I want to celebrate the fact that this guy who is no fat cat he is just one of us whosaw an opportunity and took the chance to make a chance! :th2thumbs: We all make choices to devote ourselves in this that or the other direction
Hell Yeahah!

19, by the way!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Thanks for the shout-out jamsomatic. You're a good dude. I know Leif wanted to dig up this thread, I'm glad you found it. It's fun to look back on. Thanks.

Without a doubt this has been the best year of my life. Not only are the Seahawks 11-1 and displaying signs that they could be as special as we'd hoped, but I've experienced some of the most amazing things in my life. The generosity, character, coolness, and realness of the 12th Man everywhere I've gone has been incredible. I've met people who have inspired me with what I want to do with my life, and how I want to treat other people along the way.

.Net has been especially great. I've been able to meet some remarkable people from this place, and now I've got friendships that I know will last a lifetime. At the very least, I've got that, and I'm thankful for that. Honestly, I've got tons of love for everyone I've met off of .Net. Honestly some of the best people I've ever met in my life, no doubt. There's seriously too many to even name, the list just goes on and on of quality person after quality person. It's been a pleasure to talk Hawks with you all and share beers with you. Thanks for always taking care of me when it comes to my beer supply haha, you guys are seriously the greatest. Our best memories are still to come, this season has just been magical, the city of Seattle believes 100%. Everyone's all in and ready to earn everything.

I'm sure there will be ups and downs down the stretch. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks steamrolled their way to a Super Bowl victory, utterly dominating everyone in their path. I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable challenge or 2, or 3. The place I work at is up for sale and might be taken over by new management soon. That could be a game-changer but we'll see. I'm confident I'll think of something when the time comes and decisions potentially need to be made. I've had the gods of good fortune firmly in my corner to even make any of this all possible in the first place. I believe that everything's going to work itself out if I truly believe and put my mind to it and put in the hard work. That's the mindset I've carried with me along the way this season and so far it's been working. The amount of amazing, unexplainable things I've experienced along the way this season has been outrageous. Something special has been brewing the last few months.

But seriously though, none of this would be possible without the generosity of my friends, girlfriend, .Netters, people I've met along the way. It's been an amazing experience and I'm just glad that I picked this season because it's looking like all of our dreams might come true. To be able to share that feeling with so many great people has made this whole thing worth every last penny. Absolutely, positively no regrets!

Shout-out to my buddy BFS for planting the seed in my brain about even trying to do this in the first place. Without Leif, I don't even know if this whole thing would have crossed my mind as a real possibility.

grizbob

Reaction score
Still waiting for the balloons and giant check from publishers clearing house :cry:

mikeak

Reaction score
So Coug are you going to get all regular season games in?

What are your chances for the playoffs?

Extra props for doing it from the wrong coast

NYCoug

Reaction score
mikeak":2uoz3vj3 said:
So Coug are you going to get all regular season games in?

What are your chances for the playoffs?

Extra props for doing it from the wrong coast

It's looking like this might actually have a chance of happening! I'll be staying in Seattle for Christmas so as to not have to spend double on holiday flights going back and forth. It'll be my first Christmas in Seattle so I'm pretty pumped for that. Besides, my girlfriend does XMas with her family upstate anyway, and I got to see the rest of my family for Thanksgiving, so it'll be a fun new experience.

Playoffs are looking good too. I have some solid connections with tickets for face value now, so I hopefully won't get gouged on Stubhub or anything like that. If I book the flights soon and use some of the miles that I've accrued throughout the season, the playoffs might ironically be much cheaper than any of the regular season games this season. Go figure that.

Much like the 'Hawks talking about winning the Super Bowl though, it's a little premature. I'm focused and I've got my eye on the prize, going 1-0 every week (haha), and am going to do the best I can to make it happen and witness a Super Bowl victory.

Now, getting in to the Super Bowl if they get there. That's gonna take a miracle, but karma's been on my side so far so hopefully lady luck gives me all of my luck for a lifetime in one lump sum in the form of a Super Bowl ticket. We shall see! We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks for the props, mikeak, much appreciated!