Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Is Anybody Going To Every Game On The Schedule?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:56 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

It's a dream to nearly all of us I imagine. To follow the Seahawks for an entire season. Home and Away. I had big plans years ago. Had the title of the book in mind. Themes identified. A rough outline set to paper. Funds set aside. Youth on my side. Then, abruptly, all that was cast aside in favor of a sultry U of Chicago temptress with a great rack, a PhD in Anthropology (present-day Mayans) bipolar disorder and an ecstasy/narcotic habit that knew no bounds save those imposed by judges and doctors.

Now. 10? 12? Years removed from that episode and on the eve of a season of unprecedented promise, I think of some guy we met this past December. In Toronto. A lone Seahawks fan three rows behind Tech, MysterMatt and I. He was there, like us, to attend and enjoy and chronicle the Seahawks victory over the Buffalo Bills. We spoke briefly during the game and it turns out he had been traveling 'with' the team all year long. Had attended every single game home and away, usually alone. Instant Seahawks royalty in my eyes. I'm guessing he was in his early thirties and I believe he said he held a job with Microsoft. We had intended to all celebrate the victory together post-game and learn more about his adventures but in the euphoria (and stupor) that followed the game those intentions were waylaid. And we lost touch.

I told him about .NET (always surprised how many Seahawks fans don't know about this place!)..

So I am curious if he or anyone else here has some grand plans and the means to carry it out this year??

I cannot imagine a more thrilling adventure-and I've had a few-than to follow the Seahawks game after game during this Championship Season.

Last edited by bestfightstory on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Is Anybody Going To Every Game On The Schedule?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:02 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

It would certainly be supremely memorable if you did it in a year we ended up bringing our first Lombardi home in. Good luck finding a partner in crime.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:06 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

RolandDeschain wrote:
It would certainly be supremely memorable if you did it in a year we ended up bringing our first Lombardi home in. Good luck finding a partner in crime.

Thanks, but there's no way I could do it this year. Well, that's not entirely true, but it would require epic sacrifice and uncertainty. An it would likely be one of the greatest memories and accomplishments of my life. But Im not kidding myself, here. I am just curious if anyone else is gonna do it. There are people out there as wild or wilder than us. That kid in Toronto is living proof.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:14 am 
NET Veteran

I wish I could afford to, then I would in a heartbeat.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 am 
NET Veteran

if i hadn't opted to get married, buy a house, a new car, and become a parent all within the past two years - I would strongly have considered this!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 am 
* NET E-Knight *

I have made it to 5 away games once, 4 twice, and 3 five times, and 1-2 games more times than I can count off the top of my head. The smallest group that we had was 4 people. It takes a lot of dedication to make it work with that many people. If it was just one or two people, in my experience, it shouldn't be all that difficult or expensive. I am retiring here in a couple years, and I have already to talked my wife into doing exactly that. Writing a book about it is a good idea, a small documentary even would be nice. Thanks for the ideas, I will put them to good use.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 am 
NET Starter

If I lived in Washington, I would be all over this.

Unfortunately, plane tickets for the wife and I to Washington every weekend would add about $7k, which is just so incredibly difficult to justify.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:47 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

hidn wrote:

Unfortunately, plane tickets for the wife and I to Washington every weekend would add about $7k, which is just so incredibly difficult to justify.

Everybody's situation is dofferent, but that is an expense that you and I don't share. 8 years ago I took a second job working for an airline which enables me to fly for free. Free. I am paid peanuts but I fly for free. That's how I have been able to travel as extensively as I have and attend as many games as I have. I consider it one of the wisest decisions of my adult life. In 2012 I boarded an aircraft for leisure 89 times. And flew 129,000 miles.

As you can imagine, It makes being a Seahawks fan living in the Midwest and/or away from Washington much more satisfying.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:22 am 
NET Veteran

bestfightstory wrote:
hidn wrote:

Everybody's situation is dofferent, but that is an expense that you and I don't share. 8 years ago I took a second job working for an airline which enables me to fly for free. Free. I am paid peanuts but I fly for free. That's how I have been able to travel as extensively as I have and attend as many games as I have. I consider it one of the wisest decisions of my adult life. In 2012 I boarded an aircraft for leisure 89 times. And flew 129,000 miles.

As you can imagine, It makes being a Seahawks fan living in the Midwest and/or away from Washington much more satisfying.

I non rev too BFS. Although the other expenses preclude me from going to multiple games, this is the year I hit a road game with you guys. I made myself a promise. Would like to travel to one home and one away, but for sure am going on whatever the consensus .net road trip is this year. It will be my yearly pilgrimage.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 am 
NET Veteran

bestfightstory wrote:
hidn wrote:

Oh....

And my airline gig is my first and only job. You are right about the peanuts part....which is exactly why seeing every game lies far in the future for me

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm 
* NET Radish *

Like BFS I talk to most everyone I see in Hawk gear if its possible. And always mention .net usually a couple of times.

Don't know if its ever gotten anyone here but it makes me feel better.

:les:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:29 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *

I wonder if Marky Mark could do it?

Attachment:
uploadfromtaptalk1363814972214.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1363814972214.jpg [ 63.77 KiB | Viewed 1665 times ]

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:48 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

rjdriver wrote:
I non rev too BFS. Although the other expenses preclude me from going to multiple games, this is the year I hit a road game with you guys. I made myself a promise. Would like to travel to one home and one away, but for sure am going on whatever the consensus .net road trip is this year. It will be my yearly pilgrimage.

Right On! Welcome aboard!!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:07 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Does Paul Allen make every game home and away?

I for one, can't afford the money end or the time.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:22 pm 
NET Veteran

I freaking wish. Got my season tickets of course. Maybe when I retire in 30 years I can pull something like that off

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:27 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor

For most in the real world, we do not get free airline tickets. It is hard enough to afford game tickets and hotel rooms and still have a house to return to afterward.

I am finally, after 5 years after moving from Seattle, going to go to a game at home. This took a lot of saving/planning just to get to 1 game.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:57 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

Largent80 wrote:
For most in the real world, we do not get free airline tickets. It is hard enough to afford game tickets and hotel rooms and still have a house to return to afterward.

I am finally, after 5 years after moving from Seattle, going to go to a game at home. This took a lot of saving/planning just to get to 1 game.

Most of us in "the real world" don't get 16-1 odds on a season win total and collect an imaginary $16,000 either ....

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:01 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor

bestfightstory wrote:
Largent80 wrote:

Most of us in "the real world" don't get 16-1 odds on a season win total and collect an imaginary $16,000 either ....

Jealousy is not your strongest suit. Stick with Incorrect, or similar.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 pm 
NET Rookie

My goal is to see one away game every year & make it a different team each time until I see all other 31 teams. Been doing this for eight years so far and have seen the Hawks play at the 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Saints, and Ravens. This year I'll tick off the Texans.

Might have to try to bump this up to two games a year, otherwise I'll be pretty damn old by the time I complete my mission.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:40 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

RobBaker7714409 wrote:
My goal is to see one away game every year & make it a different team each time until I see all other 31 teams. Been doing this for eight years so far and have seen the Hawks play at the 49ers, Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Chargers, Giants, Saints, and Ravens. This year I'll tick off the Texans.

Might have to try to bump this up to two games a year, otherwise I'll be pretty damn old by the time I complete my mission.

Be sure to contribute your thoughts once the schedule is released in April. Deciding which road games to attend is always a lot of fun!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:05 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

So who would throw some real support behind a Kickstarter for a fan's documentary of the Seahawks? I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of going to all 19 games.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:19 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
So who would throw some real support behind a Kickstarter for a fan's documentary of the Seahawks? I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of going to all 19 games.

You know that thought has crossed my mind too!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:37 am 
I'M JIMMY!

I will be at SF, AZ and I am working on STL. First time I will have made more than one road trip. I actually like going to the STL games, I have never seen the Hawks lose there.

With the NFCS, it isn't as easy to fork up. Would love to make an East Coast trip though.

I never miss home games, only one since 2002.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:08 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

loafoftatupu wrote:
I will be at SF, AZ and I am working on STL. First time I will have made more than one road trip. I actually like going to the STL games, I have never seen the Hawks lose there.

With the NFCS, it isn't as easy to fork up. Would love to make an East Coast trip though.

I never miss home games, only one since 2002.

THAT's reppin' the 12! Nice work. I've ha every intention of joining the Midwest Seahawkers, (of which I am a member) in St Louis for a game. Hopefully this year. Enjoy!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:12 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

Man it would be awesome. I'm planning on traveling to the Houston, Arizona and possibly NY Giants games.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:13 am 
NET Veteran

All of our away out of division games are pretty expensive seats. I was hoping that we would have Jax or TB on the road this year. Easy to find and affordable tickets, plus warm weather cities. Nashville would have been cool too.

NY is too much $....

Truth be told, good tickets are going to be hard to find for a reasonable price wherever we play. We are
the big game on everyone's schedule. We are the game nobody wants to give a away. We are the heavyweights everyone will want to beat. We are like when LeBron and the heat come to town.

Damn that feels good to say that.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:14 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

FlyingGreg wrote:
Man it would be awesome. I'm planning on traveling to the Houston, Arizona and possibly NY Giants games.

DEFINITELY want to make the New York game, and Houston has my interest, too, for some reason.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 am 
NET Veteran

Of course if there is one particular game that a ton of .netters are going to be at, I'll be there this year. Money be damned.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

bestfightstory wrote:
FlyingGreg wrote:

DEFINITELY want to make the New York game, and Houston has my interest, too, for some reason.

Let's make some plans that involve copius amounts of brew.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Last edited by FlyingGreg on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:22 am 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

rjdriver wrote:
All of our away out of division games are pretty expensive seats. I was hoping that we would have Jax or TB on the road this year. Easy to find and affordable tickets, plus warm weather cities. Nashville would have been cool too.

NY is too much $....

Truth be told, good tickets are going to be hard to find for a reasonable price wherever we play. We are
the big game on everyone's schedule. We are the game nobody wants to give a away. We are the heavyweights everyone will want to beat. We are like when LeBron and the heat come to town.

Damn that feels good to say that.

Truth!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:49 am 
NET Veteran

Seahawk Sailor wrote:

Hey, don't sweat it man. I'll make the sacrifice for you. Just stay home and watch and I'll do the documentary haha

It's always been a dream of mine to do this. This would seem to be the perfect year to do it. Imagine the looks on the players/coaches faces when they realize that you're the same dude they talked to before the game LAST week... on the other side of the country! There would be definite respect and you'd probably get your 15 minutes of fame. I've always told myself that if I run into a bunch of $, after hookin up my friends, family, etc. the first thing I'd get for myself would be never watching another Seahawks game on TV again.

I met a New York City Firefighter two years ago prior to the start of the season. As luck would have it, we were talking football and it turns out we're both Seahawks fanatics. He is better than me at life though because he has season tickets and flies out to Seattle for every home game! I was amazed and still am. I think he actually said that he goes to away games too. That man is a hero and a saint in my book. Who knows, maybe he is reading this.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:00 am 
NET Veteran

NYCoug wrote:
Seahawk Sailor wrote:

Hey, don't sweat it man. I'll make the sacrifice for you. Just stay home and watch and I'll do the documentary haha

It's always been a dream of mine to do this. This would seem to be the perfect year to do it. Imagine the looks on the players/coaches faces when they realize that you're the same dude they talked to before the game LAST week... on the other side of the country! There would be definite respect and you'd probably get your 15 minutes of fame. I've always told myself that if I run into a bunch of $, after hookin up my friends, family, etc. the first thing I'd get for myself would be never watching another Seahawks game on TV again.

I met a New York City Firefighter two years ago prior to the start of the season. As luck would have it, we were talking football and it turns out we're both Seahawks fanatics. He is better than me at life though because he has season tickets and flies out to Seattle for every home game! I was amazed and still am. I think he actually said that he goes to away games too. That man is a hero and a saint in my book. Who knows, maybe he is reading this.

A firefighter who flies transcon to see every Seahawks home game?

I should have been a firefighter.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm 
NET Starter

NYCoug wrote:
Hey, don't sweat it man. I'll make the sacrifice for you.

It's always been a dream of mine to do this. This would seem to be the perfect year to do it.

Let's hear it for action and devotion to an idea!

8months and 12 games later....... How's this working out for ya, brotha?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 pm 
NET Starter

jamsomatic wrote:
NYCoug wrote:
Hey, don't sweat it man. I'll make the sacrifice for you.

It's always been a dream of mine to do this. This would seem to be the perfect year to do it.

Let's hear it for action and devotion to an idea!

8months and 12 games later....... How's this working out for ya, brotha?

As of the Vikings game, when I talked to NYCoug at Temple, I think he'd been to every game - I'm pretty certain that he was here for New Orleans that he's looking for a ticket to this weeks Niners game, and I know for sure that he's going to the Giants game in a week and a half (I'll be there with him for my first away game).

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Going to one game is already beyond expensive, going to all 16? Never gonna happen for me.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:42 pm 
NET Starter

BreesIsOverrated wrote:
Going to one game is already beyond expensive, going to all 16? Never gonna happen for me.

I hear ya there, brotha! Me to! Which is why I want to celebrate the fact that this guy who is no fat cat he is just one of us whosaw an opportunity and took the chance to make a chance! :th2thumbs: We all make choices to devote ourselves in this that or the other direction
Hell Yeahah!

19, by the way!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:02 am 
NET Veteran

Thanks for the shout-out jamsomatic. You're a good dude. I know Leif wanted to dig up this thread, I'm glad you found it. It's fun to look back on. Thanks.

Without a doubt this has been the best year of my life. Not only are the Seahawks 11-1 and displaying signs that they could be as special as we'd hoped, but I've experienced some of the most amazing things in my life. The generosity, character, coolness, and realness of the 12th Man everywhere I've gone has been incredible. I've met people who have inspired me with what I want to do with my life, and how I want to treat other people along the way.

.Net has been especially great. I've been able to meet some remarkable people from this place, and now I've got friendships that I know will last a lifetime. At the very least, I've got that, and I'm thankful for that. Honestly, I've got tons of love for everyone I've met off of .Net. Honestly some of the best people I've ever met in my life, no doubt. There's seriously too many to even name, the list just goes on and on of quality person after quality person. It's been a pleasure to talk Hawks with you all and share beers with you. Thanks for always taking care of me when it comes to my beer supply haha, you guys are seriously the greatest. Our best memories are still to come, this season has just been magical, the city of Seattle believes 100%. Everyone's all in and ready to earn everything.

I'm sure there will be ups and downs down the stretch. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks steamrolled their way to a Super Bowl victory, utterly dominating everyone in their path. I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable challenge or 2, or 3. The place I work at is up for sale and might be taken over by new management soon. That could be a game-changer but we'll see. I'm confident I'll think of something when the time comes and decisions potentially need to be made. I've had the gods of good fortune firmly in my corner to even make any of this all possible in the first place. I believe that everything's going to work itself out if I truly believe and put my mind to it and put in the hard work. That's the mindset I've carried with me along the way this season and so far it's been working. The amount of amazing, unexplainable things I've experienced along the way this season has been outrageous. Something special has been brewing the last few months.

But seriously though, none of this would be possible without the generosity of my friends, girlfriend, .Netters, people I've met along the way. It's been an amazing experience and I'm just glad that I picked this season because it's looking like all of our dreams might come true. To be able to share that feeling with so many great people has made this whole thing worth every last penny. Absolutely, positively no regrets!

Shout-out to my buddy BFS for planting the seed in my brain about even trying to do this in the first place. Without Leif, I don't even know if this whole thing would have crossed my mind as a real possibility.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:12 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Still waiting for the balloons and giant check from publishers clearing house :cry:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 am 
NET Veteran

So Coug are you going to get all regular season games in?

What are your chances for the playoffs?

Extra props for doing it from the wrong coast

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:27 am 
NET Veteran

mikeak wrote:
So Coug are you going to get all regular season games in?

What are your chances for the playoffs?

Extra props for doing it from the wrong coast

It's looking like this might actually have a chance of happening! I'll be staying in Seattle for Christmas so as to not have to spend double on holiday flights going back and forth. It'll be my first Christmas in Seattle so I'm pretty pumped for that. Besides, my girlfriend does XMas with her family upstate anyway, and I got to see the rest of my family for Thanksgiving, so it'll be a fun new experience.

Playoffs are looking good too. I have some solid connections with tickets for face value now, so I hopefully won't get gouged on Stubhub or anything like that. If I book the flights soon and use some of the miles that I've accrued throughout the season, the playoffs might ironically be much cheaper than any of the regular season games this season. Go figure that.

Much like the 'Hawks talking about winning the Super Bowl though, it's a little premature. I'm focused and I've got my eye on the prize, going 1-0 every week (haha), and am going to do the best I can to make it happen and witness a Super Bowl victory.

Now, getting in to the Super Bowl if they get there. That's gonna take a miracle, but karma's been on my side so far so hopefully lady luck gives me all of my luck for a lifetime in one lump sum in the form of a Super Bowl ticket. We shall see! We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks for the props, mikeak, much appreciated!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:13 pm 
NET Veteran

^ it would probably be the irony of the century if you can make all games except for the Superbowl. The only game that sounds like it would be in your own backyard.....

Maybe if we put enough publicity around it and the Seahawks make it there someone in the organization steps up. Who knows. I am sure everyone here will do what they can if it gets to that!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]