Come On 12th's! Vote for Wilson for Madden!

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
It's 100% fan vote now. Calvin won the fan voting last year. Denard Robinson won the fan voting for NCAA this year and will be on the cover.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":296frmlr said:
Axx":296frmlr said:
theENGLISHseahawk":296frmlr said:
Calvin Johnson broke the curse last year.

4-12 season

lol what???? The whole lions team wasnt on the cover. First people said the madden curse was an individual course now that it failed people say its a team curse?

If one wants to make a case for the "Madden Curse" due to injury, a lot of those guys got injured so at least there's something there. The person on the cover has generally had a ridiculous year that's near impossible to repeat. So if a guy's production falls off from that one year, it's a "curse". Drew Brees went from a QB rating of 109 to 90 after being on the cover. OH MY GOD IT'S THE CURSE. A 109 QB rating was the norm, right?

Idiots.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'll vote for AP. Curse, no curse, who cares. I guess if it makes one feel smarter by calling that stupid, more power to ya.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
kearly":1fr9fis4 said:
Wilson will likely face Andrew Luck in the next round. Looks like Luck might win by a hair based on the voting so far.

At the very least, I hope it's not Luck that's on the cover. That would be a sham.

Seahawks are an EXTREMELY popular team in Madden these days, the Colts aren't..I think Wilson will beat Luck and even have a good shot at going all the way.

The Madden "curse" is dumb.

Usually the player on the cover is a RB or other player who's been a workhorse for their team and obviously had a good season previously and has therefore been primed up for an injury.

NYCoug

Reaction score
kearly":3msmyant said:
Wilson will likely face Andrew Luck in the next round. Looks like Luck might win by a hair based on the voting so far.

At the very least, I hope it's not Luck that's on the cover. That would be a sham.

But ESPN told me that he's the best. Mel Kiper and Todd McShay told me that there will be no quarterback greater than Luck. Especially the 5'7 dude that Seattle reached for in the 3rd round.

I seriously hope Luck IS on the cover so that I can order a custom Russell Wilson cover and so that Luck re-enables the curse and has a horrific sophomore slump. I liked him in college, but the media love fest with him is tired. Now, I can't stand him. Ahhh, I love irrational sports hate.

The Outfield

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2itacz7i said:
I'll vote for AP. Curse, no curse, who cares. I guess if it makes one feel smarter by calling that stupid, more power to ya.

I voted for AP and RW. For the other matches, I voted for the guy that has lesser chances of winning it all.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The Outfield":3mqkwx4e said:
HawKnPeppa":3mqkwx4e said:

I voted for AP and RW. For the other matches, I voted for the guy that has lesser chances of winning it all.

Same, only I also didn't vote for any 49ers, Steelers, or Cowboys. Except for the Montana match up with Bettis. Had to go with Joe.

vant

Reaction score
What would Wilson want?

He wants to be on that ******* cover. Voted for him.

And no I don't believe in stupid curses, just like I don't believe in fairy tales.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Madden curse-o-meters:

Madden 2012 - Peyton Hillis

Voted to the cover after a season of 331 touches. was the first "fan vote", and won it because of his workmanlike and punishing running style.

Injury surprise-o-meter: 0.9%

Madden 2011 - Drew Brees

Was not injured. Threw for over 4600 yards. The only bad luck befell the Saints, with Bountygate.

Madden 2010 - polamalu/fitzgerald

Double curse!

Polamalu plays the safety position physically and fitzgerald is the go-to guy on his team. Both players played through a long post-season. Both played through the playoffs in the post season and into the superbowl. Polamalu tore his MCL. Fitz got a broken thumb.

Injury SHOCKOMETER: 3%, only because both players got hurt.

Madden 09

Brett Favre. Old. On a crappy Jets team.

Injury WTF Meter: 0.0003%

Madden 08 Vince Young

Had a pretty good year leading the titans to 10-6 and the wild card. He did begin the next season with an injury but also just wasn't very good.

Madden 07 Shaun Alexander

Got a big contract, broke his foot, and wasn't the same player ever again. Obviously, this one hits close to home and therefore carries a little more 'madden curse' weight. But lets not forget the previous season was a long one due to the post-season superbowl run (The 05 SB was played in 06 and madden 07 came out in august of 06).

Alexander touched the ball 385 times in the regular season alone, let alone the post-season.

I'm so surprised he got injured! rating: we are the 1%

Madden 06 - donovan mcnabb

Once again another player who played well into the post-season and the superbowl gets hurt. (Anyone advocating an 18 game schedule paying attention here?) He hurt his groin. He also had to deal with a TO bitchout.

Actually sorta maybe a little surprised o meter: 4%

Madden 05 - Ray Lewis

A wrist injury kept him out for one game. He did injure his hammy the next season, but that's not curse territory, and he went on to obviously have plenty more decorated years and another ring. If that's a curse then i'll take it.

Dont-care-bout-no-curse-meter: 0.0007%

Madden 04 - Michael Vick

Another post-season player, and one who plays a risky mobile QB game.

However he gets the highest rating on the curse-scale because he broke his leg in a pre-season game the day after Madden 04 was released, making it the most 'weird dood' one of all of them.

Curse-be-possible score: 11%

Madden 03 - Marshall Faulk

Was not injured for more than a couple games due to minor issues, which is completely reasonable after 8 straight seasons of 1000+ yards and a few 2000+ total yard campaigns.

well duh-cursey factor: 0.01%

Madden 02 - Duante Culpepper

had knee surgery after 11 games in an otherwise bleak year for the vikings. A couple seasons later he would also set the then NFL record for total yards.

Curse bleh meh - 1.2%

Madden 2001 - Eddie George

No injury, except to his pride in a critical playoff fumble.

Curse-be-gone: 0.00

Madden 2000 Barry Sanders (appeared behind john madden in the box art but not a feature player)

Barry Sanders wasn't injured. He retired. No curse, sorry. Just a man tired of being the only baller on a sad hat team.

Curse factor: 0.00 (ZERO POINT ZERO-ZERO)

Madden 2000 Dorsey Levensomethingorother (Appeared on an alternative box art for madden 2000)

Got injured. Whoooooo. the Mr. Irrelevant of the Curse draft.

Curse factor: 0.03%

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Now maybe fan voting has put an end to the curse in which case I wouldnt mind if Wilson won.

Heres a History lesson on the Madden Cover before Megatron.

Peyton Hillis - ran for 587 yrds that year and never been the same.

Larry Fitz and Polumalu share the cover - Fitza goes on to to break his thumb and post the worse stats of his career while Troy sprains his MCL in week1 and misses 12 games.

Farve - yes Farve tore a tendon in his arm week 11 and misses the rest of the season.

Vince Young - many thought he escaped the curse when we went on to win 10 games and a playoff appearance . the first week of the following year he injured his knee and played only 3 games.

Shaun Alexander - ah yes Shaun Alexander.

McNabb - Miss all of November that year due to groin injury.

Ray Lewis - Broke his wrist in december

Vick - the day after madden was released breaks his leg in a preseason game

Faulk - after 4 straight seasons of 1300yrds prior to the madden cover , following it Faulk wouldnt break 1000 yrds again.

Culpepper - plays in ten games before being sidelined with a knee injury

Barry Sanders - he joined the cover and then instantly retires. strange.

Eddie George and Dorsy(2000) Levens appeared on seperate covers . George didnt get hurt but cost his team in the playoffs with a fumble late in the games , Dorsy on the other hand fell in injury and got cut in 2001.

Hearst - plants his foot in the ground and breaks his left ankle , didnt play for two years after that.

After watching Alexander go from top to bottom I pray I'll never see a Hawk on that cover again. but then again injuries are apart of football blah blah blah