Feel that 'ol bandwagon tide coming in? lol

Subzero717

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hir9o2a said:
Let's turn this into a giant "what constitutes a real fan versus a bandwagon fan" thread. I think the mods will have a collective brain aneurysm. :lol:

:devil:

Didn't BFS and therealjohncarlson have this debate already?

Thread locked.:mrgreen:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nah, Cali; I'm referring to the drama from the old days. Like 2004, or something; I really don't remember, I lurked for a long time before I joined in here in 2007, and years before that on Scout. There were some epic blood battles over what constituted a real fan, and discussion of it got banned, with threats to castrate anyone that brought it up. :)

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2a550b0m said:
Zebulon Dak":2a550b0m said:
Tech Worlds":2a550b0m said:
Incorrect

Yeah, that's not what bandwagon means J-soph.

How do you figure? We all jumped upon the Seahawk bandwagon at some point for some reason or another. Some of us (probably all of us, on this site) then became huge, big time fans. Some leapt back off when things werent going well, or whenever the reason they originally jumped on the bandwagon was gone.

The issue with your theory, imo, is that many of us fans were born after. Take me for example: I was born in Chehalis (just south of Olympia if you don't know) of '85 and have been a fan for as long as I can remember. I have supported and cheered through the good and the bad. I always will... if you think I justify as a bandwagon fan well I very strongly disagree. I am very passionate about my city and especially the Seahawks so the idea of someone actually thinking that qualifies as being a bandwagon fan at any point in my life actually rubs me the wrong way tbh haha. And it also doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.

Rainger

Reaction score
JSeahawks":f6pslavo said:
Unless youre super, super old and were an original fan in 1976, we were all bandwagon fans at one time or another.
Hey J are you calling me super super old? Yes I was an original fan in 76 but I dont think I need 2 supers to my old. BTW I was already a 1/4 century in 76 lol

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i'm just curious as to why it says i registered in '07, when i was clearly here leading up to and during the superbowl run... wasn't it something about the site being transfered over to something new, i can't remember ??

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think I registered in 2007 too. I was actively posting on here when Aros put the site up for sale, which was before my registration date listed on my profile as of now, if I recall correctly. Some bad DB merges, or something; I don't know. Not that it really matters. However, much of this core community was on the Scout forum back then, before the clash of the titans. :)

grizbob

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":exso8qt4 said:
I think I registered in 2007 too. I was actively posting on here when Aros put the site up for sale, which was before my registration date listed on my profile as of now, if I recall correctly. Some bad DB merges, or something; I don't know. Not that it really matters. However, much of this core community was on the Scout forum back then, before the clash of the titans. :)

Wow, registered in '07 and over 12000 posts, and I thought I needed to get a life :lol:

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Bandwagoners are a small price to pay for the team having great success.

I don't post much, and didn't register until 2010, but had been lurking this site for years. I first started watching the Seahawks in the early-mid 90s when I was in my early teens. No one in my family watched any sports but I remember seeing a game and was immediately interested. Unfortunately my biggest memory is watching them lose, of course at the time I didn't understand why they couldn't just win every game.. C'mon guys! I'm pretty sure I just picked the Seahawks because they were on TV the most (grew up in the PNW) and their uniforms were awesome.

In 5th grade, Ryan Leaf came to my Elementary school. I remember being like 11 and thinking this dude is the biggest douche and that his girlfriend was orange. I didn't understand what the big deal was or why he was interrupting what was supposed to have been our lunch. Of course, not being a football fan at the time I had no clue who he was. It's rather hilarious in hindsight.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
JSeahawks":30xs7phi said:
Unless youre super, super old and were an original fan in 1976, we were all bandwagon fans at one time or another.
Ah, hell no..I should just slap you upside the head for that. I have been a fan since 77 when I was 10 years old. I am NOT super, super old yet. :141847_bnono:

My father is a perfect example of a bandwagon fan. We moved to WA in 76 and by 77 our whole family became Seahawk fans. The only two that are still diehard Hawk fans are myself and my oldest younger brother. My father moved back out west and he couldn't deal with the suckage of the team during the 90's so he jumped ship. First he was a Chargers fan, then a Tard fan and last year he said he might like the Hawks again. I told him to not bother....They don't want you. :pukeface:

THAT folks is a bandwagon fan. True fans are loyal no matter how old they are or where they live. :th2thumbs:
GoHawks!!!!

Brahn

Reaction score
Who cares if you joined a site before others, if you rooted for a team before current fans were born. A fan is a fan, Bandwagon is just added to make those who feel they have "earned it" feel better. I have had season tickets from the King Dome to Huskey Stadium, to the Current Seahawks Field/Qwest/Clink. I will never look down on other fans for spending money/time supporting my team only when they are doing good. These fans are the ones who effect the pocket book to some extent and are the ones that help influx money during times of good product. Yes i know some "Band Wagon" Fans can irritate you when they do not know Tate's first name, or what school Moffit went to. But guess what, they can still root for the Green and Blue next to me any day.

/Soapbox

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Also, I joined Seahawks.net in 2005 when it was on Scout. I managed to keep my user ID but lost post count from that time. I even managed to come out to a game in 2007 and met a few cool folks from this board. I had a blast and hope to come out this season if money allows.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I remember stumbling upon this amazing site back when in the Doug Farrar, Steve Harper days. Man how things have changed since then, for the better. There's no where else I'd rather waste valuable, precious moments of my life. If there's a sure-fire addiction I have in my life, it's this place, without a doubt. I'm a diehard Blue Jays fan too, and yet I can't stand most of the forums/blogs and the "holier than though"/know it all attitude that you find on most other forums. This is it for me. I laugh a lot and got valuable Hawks knowledge here, what more could I ask for?

TriCHawk

Reaction score
The 'Hawks have been my one and only team since I started watching football in the 80's. I didn't really "find" this site. I had a co-worker that always seemed to know stuff about what was going on with the team, and he said he got his info from .net. So I started lurking quite a back. '06 I think. Still the only place I go for the most part (except Field Gulls).

I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping on the Seattle band wagon, as long as you stay on it. It's the fair-weather fans that bother me.

dbmack

Reaction score
TriCHawk":kmiad58d said:
The 'Hawks have been my one and only team since I started watching football in the 80's. I didn't really "find" this site. I had a co-worker that always seemed to know stuff about what was going on with the team, and he said he got his info from .net. So I started lurking quite a back. '06 I think. Still the only place I go for the most part (except Field Gulls).

I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping on the Seattle band wagon, as long as you stay on it. It's the fair-weather fans that bother me.
I remember Russell saying in one of his post-season interviews that he was a fair-weather fan when asked what teams/players he followed.

The Radish

Reaction score
dbmack":3e8n708b said:
I'm a new face. I'm not a long-time lurker though because I just found this site about a week ago. I am a life-long Washingtonian (60 years :) ) and I am a die-hard Seahawks fan since they first came into the league. GoHawks!

Welcome aboard. Check your PMs. Top of page where it says new messages.

:D

The Radish

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":nkv24dtv said:
Let's turn this into a giant "what constitutes a real fan versus a bandwagon fan" thread. I think the mods will have a collective brain aneurysm. :lol:

:devil:

Nawww just start banning everyone in sight and laugh delightedly.

:shock:

The Radish

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":31qohoos said:
Also, I joined Seahawks.net in 2005 when it was on Scout. I managed to keep my user ID but lost post count from that time. I even managed to come out to a game in 2007 and met a few cool folks from this board. I had a blast and hope to come out this season if money allows.

Damn right gal. We remember that well, what a great day that was. We still have the Seahawks lap robe we bought cause you showed us yours.

If you get over this year we'll come over to say hello whether we go the game or not.

:les:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
ivotuk":2dtpd2i5 said:
Man, I remember stumbling across this site, summer of 2004 I think it was. It was my first attempt at finding a Seahawk forum and I found a bunch but after reading through all of them, I knew which one I liked, problem was, I forgot the name of it and didn't save the link. So I had to do some digging an I remember being a little bit anxious that I wasn't going to find it again. Once I did though, I was stuck here, like a Remora, stuck to the bottom of a Stingray, helplessly, and happily following along where ever it took me.

To those that are new, welcome aboard, we look forward to your input and ideas. :th2thumbs:

Same here, except it was a bit earlier. I found it on accident, for some reason I typed in .NET instead of .COM and I was like "WTF?" These guys are actually talking football RIGHT NOW (at that time I was just looking for ANY change on .COM, heck, even a code change. Doorway to anxiety, the kind you can't live without. Then the talk was about moving to the NFCW. Crazy times... How bout the Early days of Pe? Pretty entertaining stuff.

Welcome new folks, we know you are out there. Same thing happened in the 2005 season too, even more so in 2006.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Radish":3b3xu7v4 said:
Check your PMs. Top of page where it says new messages.

:D

Whenever I see this message, it usually has some level of reprimand behind it :twisted: Not always though :thirishdrinkers:

Latest posts