Our new OLB?

Speakinhawk68

Reaction score
With the departure of Leroy Hill, a small hole has surfaced in the second level of our defense, as I was scanning through some blogs this morning I saw a few ideas of who it could be. But I want to know, who do YOU think Seattle should take a chance on i.e. through the draft, or free agency. Maybe he is already on our roster, but lets fantasize a little on who our Crazy front office has in mind to come in and fill that void. Post a video, or picture or describe whoever it is you'd like to present to our esteemed panel of readers.

Here is my crazy vote: Also credit goes to Kip Earlywine as he posted this yesturday and thought he was absolutely right as a big sleeper/small school product. His quickness and ability to read the play in my opinion are very good. Pass rush awareness and the ability close is also above average.
Here is Jayson Dimanche :
http://youtu.be/8UOon6GISAI

Thanks for reading.
Go Hawks!

kidhawk

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed over the years, no matter how impossible you think it is that Hill will be back, he always seems to find a way back, so don't count him out quite yet

hawker84

Reaction score
man i hope not, he's slowed down considerably and it showed big time last year.. he was definately one of the weakest spots on the D.. i rather see Smith in there the Hill...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I've always really like Larry Grant from the 49ers. Dude never gets to play but he was awesome against us in 2011 when Willis got hurt. He played WLB in college.

CEHawk

Reaction score
There were lots of run plays.... he caught most of them behind the line.

Winterfell

Reaction score
Man, if only Aaron Curry became the player everyone thought he would be, we would have had one outside LB position settled for a decade and wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or a time machine to bring back 2006 Julian Peterson.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Didn't Malcolm Smith do so well filling in for Leroy during a stretch last season that there was talk of him taking the job? I think we'll have good competition at the spot between Smith and someone who's brought in through the draft.

OP
OP
Speakinhawk68

Speakinhawk68

Reaction score
Honestly i thought he was a weak spot in out defense and Leroy vs kaep scares me... he has lost a step and with only a few weaknesses on the team, i have a hard time not thinking they are going to address this need some how in the draft.

ErikG803

Reaction score
I'd trade up a bit to make sure we get the top guy on our board whether it's Brown or Ogletree. As long as we have a few picks in the later rounds to fill in some depth (CB, WR, OL) I'm fine trading to move up. Gonna be hard to make the roster this year for the incoming class of rookies, would rather go for quality than quantity.

EDIT: I should note that this is assuming they even consider it a priority. I'd be just as fine moving up or staying put and drafting a DT, then getting a guy in the 3rd/4th/5th to compete with Malcolm Smith :)

Subzero717

Reaction score
I'm with David. I think Malcolm Smith starts. He plated decent and is a speedster. I think we kept Hill for leadership playing alongside Wagner and Smith. This year they don't need that.

Seafan

Reaction score
Per JS there are a lot of good LBs in the draft. The team is also looking at Avril at SAM and I suppose Wright moving to WILL. Big lineup. Part of this may be Dan Quinn's influence. Hopefully the Hawks can return to their run defense dominance. I expect with Bobby having a year under his belt it will help a lot.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
kidhawk":296pq1me said:
One thing I've noticed over the years, no matter how impossible you think it is that Hill will be back, he always seems to find a way back, so don't count him out quite yet

Didn't they give Cliff Avril his number? That seems to send a pretty strong message

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":shrc2661 said:
kidhawk":shrc2661 said:

Didn't they give Cliff Avril his number? That seems to send a pretty strong message

that he should find a new number?

DJrmb

Reaction score
I think Malcom Smith is the Starter for now.

However don't forget about Korey Toomer. They were pretty high on that kid last year, he was just really Raw.

6'2" 234 Lbs. and ran 4.53

He'll compete this year but likely will be competing for a backup OLB spot with Mike Morgan and a rookie.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Don't sleep on Bradford.....
Smith is a nickle LB exclusively.

I expect us to draft a couple of linebackers and have them and Bradford duke it out in training camp. I don't have any faith in Korey Toomer, but for no good reason. All I know about him is that he was cut/practice squad/cut throughout the year.

OLB- Wright/Morgan
MLB- Wagner/Farwell
OLB- Bradford/Rookie

NLB- Smith/Rookie