Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
I'm not sure if the block by Red last year that led to the Sherman TD would have been legal under the new "over-load" rule, was more than 6 defenders on the holders side for the play in question?

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:36 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:05 am
Posts: 278
I think he got a push too from somebody behind him, so, yeah, it would be...I think.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:44 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:05 am
Posts: 278
After checking out my video, yup, the we overloaded the right side, and Big Red got some push from behind from Maragos...so, yup, I believe it wouldn't have counted under the new rules. It'll be interesting to see how this effects the field goal coverage team...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 1745
Dumb, what injuries occurred to cause this rule change? Pathetic, so much for creative special teams play calling.

_________________
NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm
Posts: 810
Location: Canby, OR
:sarcasm_on: May as well get rid of extra points, too. Why take a chance on someone getting hurt in the mosh pit that ensues after the snap. Wouldn't want the guy coming around the end and laying out to break a rib when he lands on the ground. Couldn't we get a foam pad to lay down in front of the kicker so the guy has a nice cushy place to land. :sarcasm_off:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm
Posts: 4250
Starrman44 wrote:
:sarcasm_on: May as well get rid of extra points, too. Why take a chance on someone getting hurt in the mosh pit that ensues after the snap. Wouldn't want the guy coming around the end and laying out to break a rib when he lands on the ground. Couldn't we get a foam pad to lay down in front of the kicker so the guy has a nice cushy place to land. :sarcasm_off:

You know, you're onto something. Shouldn't we make the whole football field out of a nice cushy pad? And underneath all their equipment, the players should be wearing soft, thick, cushy pads. Those two things alone would not only help absorb the impact, it would slow the players down enough that the impacts wouldn't be so great to begin with.
Yeah, that's the ticket!

_________________
Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:55 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Posts: 128
Location: The Wall
I think owners and head coaches around the league see how scary good the Seahawks are going to be next season so they're trying to do everything they can, even if it's "subtle policy changes" to bring us down as a team...

I mean, Red Bryant has been among the best in the league the past few years at blocking FGs, right? And as a team, our special teams unit has been beastly, right? With how our defense plays and how stingy we are with allowing points, even a FG could be do-or-die against us.

This new kicking rule is just another thing that can potentially take away from a dynamic playmaking part of our team.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:19 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18002
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Its been against the rules for years for one player to help another physically.

Find some way to put some extra excitement in the game and they will make a rule against it.

:les:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9828
The Radish wrote:
Its been against the rules for years for one player to help another physically.

Find some way to put some extra excitement in the game and they will make a rule against it.

:les:


Welcome to Rog Goodell's NFL!

RG apologists chiming in.....in 3....2.....1....

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:32 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Sports Hernia wrote:
The Radish wrote:
Its been against the rules for years for one player to help another physically.

Find some way to put some extra excitement in the game and they will make a rule against it.

:les:


Welcome to Rog Goodell's NFL!

RG apologists chiming in.....in 3....2.....1....


Yea, because Rog is just waiving his magic wand and invoking new rules left and right **POOF** LET IT BE SO!

Blame these guys, they're the competition (rules) committee:

Co-Chair: Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons)
Co-Chair: Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams)
- Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers)
- Ken Whisenhunt (Arizona Cardinals)
- Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys)
- Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
- John Mara (New York Giants)
- Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
- Rick Smith (Houston Texans)

Or blame Paul Allen and the other 31 owners. They're the one's who approve the new rules.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:33 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22636
Location: Kirkland, WA
JSeahawks wrote:
Yea, because Rog is just waiving his magic wand and invoking new rules left and right **POOF** LET IT BE SO!

Blame these guys, they're the competition (rules) committee:

Co-Chair: Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons)
Co-Chair: Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams)
- Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers)
- Ken Whisenhunt (Arizona Cardinals)
- Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys)
- Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
- John Mara (New York Giants)
- Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
- Rick Smith (Houston Texans)


Stop being such a mindless apologist, J. Geez. Sports Hernia can't be wrong.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9828
RolandDeschain wrote:
JSeahawks wrote:
Yea, because Rog is just waiving his magic wand and invoking new rules left and right **POOF** LET IT BE SO!

Blame these guys, they're the competition (rules) committee:

Co-Chair: Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons)
Co-Chair: Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams)
- Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers)
- Ken Whisenhunt (Arizona Cardinals)
- Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys)
- Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
- John Mara (New York Giants)
- Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
- Rick Smith (Houston Texans)


Stop being such a mindless apologist, J. Geez. Sports Hernia can't be wrong.

Bitter party of one? Come on R, don't let our battles in the PWR forum carry over to this one, please?. I thought you had the capability to be able to separate that forum from the others, I'm hoping you prove that to be true. I view that forum like Vegas, what happens there stays there!

And FWIW, outside of J being a Duck, and fan of Rog, ;) I have no problems with him and he does a good job as a mod.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:23 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22636
Location: Kirkland, WA
Lol, nah, that wasn't PWR bleed-over. Just other things in other sub-forums. ;)

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:31 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9828
Fair enough then. Carry on..., :)

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New kicking rule, would the block from Red be a penalty?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:42 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22636
Location: Kirkland, WA
I'd be a lot more bitter and vindictive if I were letting the PWR carry over to here; but I improved with that, and haven't been given a forced temporary vacation in a couple of years, now; lol.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atradees, Dannyboy, Guardian, hawknation2014, JMR, Largefarva, MD5eahawks, misTer, MrCarey, UK_Seahawk and 65 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.