We can thank law suits for killing football

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • New helmet rule will kill marshawn lynch. He always leads w his head. If they keep changing the game it will ruin football
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

    Image

    http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    User avatar
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 490
    Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:28 pm
    Location: Mercer Island/ Menlo Park


  • Seau is a heartless man.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


  • Look up the particulars of the rule. I don't think it will hurt him at all.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    User avatar
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 705
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm


  • Rat wrote:Seau is a heartless man.


    And now, he has no skin.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22132
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


  • Lynch will be fine , its not as dramatic as we once thought. I dont recall him ever really lowering his head and using his crown to run people over , ive seen him use his helmet but not his crown.


    But to thank Jr seau for the rule change is absurd and I strongly disagree with that.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 837
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


  • Officials will make that call, not Lynch and THAT is the problem.
    Image
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22132
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


  • I am against the rule as well, but to the conjure up the name of dead man, who did a lot for football, and place the blame on him is pretty messed up. Goodell has been ruining the game long before Junior died and that whole story.
    bellyfat
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 403
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 am


  • Rat wrote:Seau is a heartless man.


    Oh god... I lol'd and face palmed at the same time...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11192
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • I'd rather blame his family, who are the ones that sued the NFL.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2226
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


  • What's next?

    No consumption of candy (particularly Skittles) on the sideline, or automatic safety given to the opposing team?
    Image
    User avatar
    Winterfell
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 128
    Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
    Location: The Wall


  • You are still allowed to dip your head, lead with your shoulder, and hit with your head. You just cannot lower your head and spear the opponent.

    Lynch still may be able to run the same way. The only thing we have to worry about is officials getting too flag-happy in the heat of the moment.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11293
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


  • People are WAY overreacting to this rule. The committee reviewed every play from last year and it would have been called less then 30 times total.

    You're allowed to lower your head. Your allowed to lead with your face mask. You are not allowed to use the top of your helmet to spear your opponent.

    I'm guessing if you watch football next year you won't notice any difference at all. And if you dont like it you always have the choice of not watching.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • bellyfat wrote:I am against the rule as well, but to the conjure up the name of dead man, who did a lot for football, and place the blame on him is pretty messed up. Goodell has been ruining the game long before Junior died and that whole story.


    Blame the owners. NFL commissioners do what the owners want them to.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24139
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    bellyfat wrote:I am against the rule as well, but to the conjure up the name of dead man, who did a lot for football, and place the blame on him is pretty messed up. Goodell has been ruining the game long before Junior died and that whole story.


    Blame the owners. NFL commissioners do what the owners want them to.

    And they all are doing every bit of this to avoid further lawsuits in the future. The threat of litigation motivates a LOT of things in this society/country.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10764
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


  • Rat wrote:Seau is a heartless man.



    Actually Seau is a dead man.

    :roll:

    I think one string about this is enough.
    Image
    Getting ready for some football
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18388
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


  • my worry is not the actual rule, but the ref's calling it on the field in real time.. just like the Kam hit on Davis... it's almost a automatic reaction to reach for a flag when you see a player get leveled and especially when the head snaps back.... if it's not reviewable, it's going to be a problem...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3879
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • hawker84 wrote:my worry is not the actual rule, but the ref's calling it on the field in real time.. just like the Kam hit on Davis... it's almost a automatic reaction to reach for a flag when you see a player get leveled and especially when the head snaps back.... if it's not reviewable, it's going to be a problem...


    No different then holding, or pass interference, or any other rule. Refs are human. Sometimes the screw up.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:People are WAY overreacting to this rule. The committee reviewed every play from last year and it would have been called less then 30 times total.

    You're allowed to lower your head. Your allowed to lead with your face mask. You are not allowed to use the top of your helmet to spear your opponent.

    I'm guessing if you watch football next year you won't notice any difference at all. And if you dont like it you always have the choice of not watching.


    Don't try and talk reason into our mass hysteria.
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9074
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • I don't understand the freaking out over this. Has the game really changed that much since the 90s? In high school we were taught very explicitly to not initiate contact with the top of the helmet - on both sides of the ball. Maybe pros have just gotten lazy recently, but what the hell happened to running over an opponent with your shoulder?

    By some people's take, the game was being ruined at the same time it was being taught to me in 9th grade. I don't get it.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1405
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia


  • We will be penalized for it a minimum of 5 times next year. Still like it?
    Image
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    User avatar
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1520
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm





It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online