Vote fro Marshawn Lynch for greatest play of all time

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Wow. To think I was THERE.... Honored.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• bestfightstory wrote:Wow. To think I was THERE.... Honored.

Wow, to think some people sold their tickets because we had no chance to win...
    :stirthepot:
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Would love for Lynch to win, but the immaculate reception has got this...still one of the most amazing plays ever.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

• DericLee wrote:Would love for Lynch to win, but the immaculate reception has got this...still one of the most amazing plays ever.

It's the most famous incomplete pass ever.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Looking at the others in it's bracket I could easily see it getting into the top 4. Doubt it will beat the big dogs though (The Catch, Immaculate Reception).
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

• why wasnt "The Golden Catch" on the list????

and if you say because it as illegal or something, the Holy Roller and immaculate DECEPTION are on the list.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

No kidding. I was there with a friend, too; and in the 100 level charter seats on the side of the field (and around the 25-yard line on that side) the run was on. We went absolutely nuts, and I will never forget it for the rest of my life. A profound moment in sports. I smile and feel awed just thinking back to it.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• same here... it's an honor to have seen that play live and in person. my seats are down where he was running towards, it was surreal, like almost in slow-motion as he kept breaking tackles, throwing off defenders, running right at us...
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

• Axx wrote:why wasnt "The Golden Catch" on the list????

and if you say because it as illegal or something, the Holy Roller and immaculate DECEPTION are on the list.

Likely because the game wasn't a huge playoff game etc

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

• Lynch has a legitimate shot to make it to the top 4 or 5. Pretty cool!
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Why wasn't Garo Yepremian's (sp?) backwards pass for a Redskins TD in Super Bowl VII on that list?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Yup, gonna be pretty hard to supplant the Immaculate Reception... Incomplete or not, it is ingrained in the Nation's concienceness as arguably the greatest play ever... Especially with that name. Though it's very cool that Marshawn's run has a name, "BeastQuake". SO important for legendary status. Of course, trying to be as unbiased as possible, I think Marshawn's run blows away Franco's play. Steelers are always gonna beat the Seahawks in a national popularity contest. And "The Catch"??? I see better pass plays at least 10 times a season. Big whoop.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• How do you lock in your vote? I registered and everything and clicked the arrow for Lynch, but then what?

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• I love Lynch and that play is my favorite of all time being a fan of this team. I'm not even sure that run qualifies for top 5 all time in terms of the run. It certainly means a lot more when I remember the momentum the Saints had at that point and I started getting the "Drew Brees is completely taking over the game" feeling.

The bracket setup is crap. The Bo Jackson run really isn't that amazing, but somehow they omit at least a billion amazing runs by Jim Brown. Earl Campbell gets one good one in there, but seriously? This list is so biased to the last 10 years it is ridiculous. But I guess that's what happens when your "all time" list is really a "that I can remember" list.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• CANHawk wrote:
    DericLee wrote:the immaculate reception has got this...still one of the most amazing plays ever.

It's the most famous incomplete pass ever.

This ^^^

Axx wrote:.....and immaculate DECEPTION........

and this ^^^
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• They do show the results when you click on the matchup (in the upper corners of the videos). Lynch is absolutely killing it right now, has almost a 20,000 vote lead.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Lynch made round 2. Hope he keeps on rolling, (like he did in that playoff run through the Saints). Haha!
    WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!
    Hawksfanatik
    NET Veteran

• This has a thread already Sturmy... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66821

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• :bump:

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Beastquake is currently #1 out of all the options in votes. It has 32,000 while second place (the immaculate reception) has 30,000. If there is one thing .net is truly great at, it's stuffing the ballot box.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Beastquake is currently #1 out of all the options in votes. It has 32,000 while second place (the immaculate reception) has 30,000.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Man, **** you guys...

:pukeface:
    :les: Image :les:

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

• Beastquake for the win!!!
    Claden
    NET Rookie

• I havent gone over to vote, but another reason for the large numbe rof votes for Beastquake is that it happened recently. The immaculate reception happened a long time ago, n alot of these voters werent even born yet.
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

• IronSaint wrote:Man, **** you guys...

I'm surprised nobody responded to this post! That was one soul-crushing defeat for the Saints. While we were going insane, Saints fans were kicking in their TV's and punching holes in their walls! I'd feel bad for him, but we've been suffering through shit like that play going against us for decades... Hey, kinda like the Saints! :lol:

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• IronSaint wrote:Man, **** you guys...

Dude, I about died laughing when I saw this. Sorry, I know it's a painful memory; but LOL!!!!!
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• BlueThunder wrote:I'm surprised nobody responded to this post! That was one soul-crushing defeat for the Saints. While we were going insane, Saints fans were kicking in their TV's and punching holes in their walls! I'd feel bad for him, but we've been suffering through shit like that play going against us for decades... Hey, kinda like the Saints! :lol:

LOL, we were livid at my friend's house. I mean every attempted tackle was just horrible form. After the third one I was thinking, "****, SOMEONE JUST FALL IN FRONT OF HIM OR SOMETHING!" I was really upset with the celebratory nut-grab but I've since moved on from that; it's actually my favorite celebration to do on Madden online now, LOL. Me and my friend joke about it every now and then how Tracy fell down from the stiff arm.

There's actually a video on YouTube that showcases stuff teams' fans say and the guy that makes them teamed with a guy from New Orleans to do a Saints one. At one point, they're talking about how no one on our defense can tackle and one dude says something about Tracy Porter and the other guy goes, "Tracy Porter, he's STILL falling to this day from that stiff arm from Marshawn Lynch!" It makes me LOL. :lol:

RolandDeschain wrote:Dude, I about died laughing when I saw this. Sorry, I know it's a painful memory; but LOL!!!!!

LOL, shut up! But yeah, it's painful but I think if we wouldn't have been down to our 3rd and 4th string RB's we might've had a better shot at winning that game. The 49er play-off game from 2011 is much more of a nightmare though. I mean, we had that game won. If Gregg Williams had not gone rogue, we would've absolutely thrashed the Giants in the Dome, then steamrolled the Patriots in Indianapolis for the Super Bowl. **** Vernon Davis and Gregg Williams. :pukeface: :49ersmall:

IronSaint
    NET Starter

• for now its Beastquake 44000 to 14000

lolz at
    IronSaint wrote:Tracy fell down
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• BlueThunder wrote:How do you lock in your vote? I registered and everything and clicked the arrow for Lynch, but then what?

Yeah, I came on here to find that out too.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• SalishHawkFan wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:How do you lock in your vote? I registered and everything and clicked the arrow for Lynch, but then what?

Yeah I have no idea how to submit my vote. Anyone know how?
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

I'm still trying to figure out which was louder between that run and the Romobobble. Hard to tell and the Lynch run had some build up to it as he got closer to the goal line.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:Wow. To think I was THERE.... Honored.

I'm still trying to figure out which was louder between that run and the Romobobble. Hard to tell and the Lynch run had some build up to it as he got closer to the goal line.

The Romobobble I think. Like you said, the beast mode was a long drawn out cheer so fans were a little gassed at the peak. Romobobble was an explosion.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• IronSaint wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:I'm surprised nobody responded to this post! That was one soul-crushing defeat for the Saints. While we were going insane, Saints fans were kicking in their TV's and punching holes in their walls! I'd feel bad for him, but we've been suffering through shit like that play going against us
    LOL, we were livid at my friend's house. I mean every attempted tackle was just horrible form. After the third one I was thinking, "****, SOMEONE JUST FALL IN FRONT OF HIM OR SOMETHING!" I was really upset with the celebratory nut-grab but I've since moved on from that; it's actually my favorite celebration to do on for decades... Hey, kinda like the Saints! :lol:

Madden online now, LOL. Me and my friend joke about it every now and then how Tracy fell down from the stiff arm.

There's actually a video on YouTube that showcases stuff teams' fans say and the guy that makes them teamed with a guy from New Orleans to do a Saints one. At one point, they're talking about how no one on our defense can tackle and one dude says something about Tracy Porter and the other guy goes, "Tracy Porter, he's STILL falling to this day from that stiff arm from Marshawn Lynch!" It makes me LOL. :lol:

RolandDeschain wrote:Dude, I about died laughing when I saw this. Sorry, I know it's a painful memory; but LOL!!!!!

LOL, shut up! But yeah, it's painful but I think if we wouldn't have been down to our 3rd and 4th string RB's we might've had a better shot at winning that game. The 49er play-off game from 2011 is much more of a nightmare though. I mean, we had that game won. If Gregg Williams had not gone rogue, we would've absolutely thrashed the Giants in the Dome, then steamrolled the Patriots in Indianapolis for the Super Bowl. **** Vernon Davis and Gregg Williams. :pukeface: :49ersmall:

hey, if it makes you feel any better, they STILL show Bo Jackson running right out of the Kingdome...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• dunceface wrote:for now its Beastquake 44000 to 14000

lolz at
    IronSaint wrote:Tracy fell down

LOL, and that's another thing. I mean, the "Beastquake" run was already against the Saints, did they really have to put it against the "River City Relay" in the first round of the bracket? C'mon man! Another conspiracy the NFL hates the Saints. :thfight7:

I think had Carney not missed the ****ing EXTRA POINT after the RCR, and we'd gone into OT and won, it'd be a bit of a closer contest. That was another heartbreaking moment right there. HE MISSES THE EXTRA POINT AFTER ALL THAT.

CANHawk wrote:hey, if it makes you feel any better, they STILL show Bo Jackson running right out of the Kingdome...

Haha, it would if I were an Auburn fan, but I'm for the Tide (whom Bo changed his mind from to go to Auburn... :cry: ).

But it will make me feel better when we thrash ya'll this year, you bunch of sissies! :0190l:

IronSaint
    NET Starter

• I htink Lynch will make the final, all the other strong candidates are on the other side of the tree. And what is the deal with the catch? its 3rd and 3, montana throws from his backfoot to a guy who jumps a little and catches it almost standing still... WHAT.. THE...F..CK? there is on average a play in EVERY NFL game that is more amazing than the catch...
    Swedishhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Unfortunately the poll is now a joke. The Giants' fans have given Tyree an overwhelming number of votes overnight - it is now a grudge match between the Eagles and the Giants. The Giants do not want the "greatest" play to be attributed to their team's incompetency during the game - when they completely collapsed. Tyree all of a sudden has over 123,000 votes - more than double the amount Lynch has. :cry: It is meaningless.
    woodstockme
    NET Bench Warmer

• Lynch is now in the Top 8. He is against the Music City Miracle now.

Vote again!
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Blitzer88 wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:How do you lock in your vote? I registered and everything and clicked the arrow for Lynch, but then what?

Yeah I have no idea how to submit my vote. Anyone know how?

Just click on the checkmark next to Lynch, then hit the video to play it. Your vote is counted then. BEASTMODE BABY!!
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Update
    3 30 2013

Lynch comfortably ahead 20715
    Music City Miracle 7539

The way that it's shaping up will have Lynch vs Tyree's catch in SB. That's not good.

Tyree 77349 votes right now vs Youngs TD run 29577

We are gonna have to put in OT if we want Lynch to move on...
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Going up against Tyrees catch would be tough, but Beast Quake was on another level. Hopefully people aren't noobs and vote correctly :p
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• Tyree vs Young has more votes than the others combined. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the next round.
    Holy Catfish! Touchdown Seahawks!
    A London Hawk
    NET Starter

• WTF???

Steve Young run is at 8MM right now! Is someone using a bot or something to get votes cause that can't be right.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

• just saw that myself...WTF?
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

• Niners fans have no life. The sad part is that Roger Craig had the best play from a 49er I have seen with a run against (I think) the Rams where he was just trucking over people with his high knees and it was never included in the voting.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• Sturm wrote:WTF???

Steve Young run is at 8MM right now! Is someone using a bot or something to get votes cause that can't be right.

It is a macro.. We use them to capacity test websites at my employer. There are tons of free browser bots, but I wouldn't set one up, that's just just wrong on so many levels.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:It is a macro.. We use them to capacity test websites at my employer. There are tons of free browser bots, but I wouldn't set one up, that's just just wrong on so many levels.

I'm actually planning to start using a testing automation plugin for Chrome this fall for the weekly awards. It's utterly stupid that the NFL allows unlimited voting for all this crap, and I want to help put a stop to it by abusing it. I hope you'll join me. 8)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:It is a macro.. We use them to capacity test websites at my employer. There are tons of free browser bots, but I wouldn't set one up, that's just just wrong on so many levels.

I'm actually planning to start using a testing automation plugin for Chrome this fall for the weekly awards. It's utterly stupid that the NFL allows unlimited voting for all this crap, and I want to help put a stop to it by abusing it. I hope you'll join me. 8)

They should catch it pretty easy if they just do the math. They have to know.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Next

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information