Assassins creed IV

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Assassins creed IV
Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 pm
  • I can't believe I saw a commercial for it. I just started III. very fun series so far
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Re: Assassins creed IV
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 am
  • I couldn't get through the first one due to all the repetitiveness of the missions. I've heard they've changed that so I really want to try one of the newer games. How is 3?
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 pm
  • It is awesome. Assassins Creed II, Brotherhood, and Revelations are also fun
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:54 pm
  • My xbox broke, so I still haven't played number one (it broke right after getting that game).
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:57 pm
  • AC4 is supposed to be for the PS4 I thought?
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 pm
  • Jake Hawks wrote:I couldn't get through the first one due to all the repetitiveness of the missions. I've heard they've changed that so I really want to try one of the newer games. How is 3?

I actually found myself somewhat bored with 3, personally. I dunno why that is. 2 and Brotherhood were outstanding, though, as well as Revelations. I would highly recommend playing 2 and/or Brotherhood.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:59 am
  • TriCHawk wrote:AC4 is supposed to be for the PS4 I thought?

it is. As well as the current Gen platforms (PS3, 360, PC).

Cant wait for it. I've always loved pirate themed games (the last one i truly loved though was Pirates of the Caribean Curse of the Black Pearl back when it came out for the regular Xbox).

The naval gameplay in III is AWESOME. Beat them and wish there were more :/
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 am
  • Jake Hawks wrote:I couldn't get through the first one due to all the repetitiveness of the missions. I've heard they've changed that so I really want to try one of the newer games. How is 3?

I felt the same way about #1. #2 was the best so far. They totally re-vamped the whole game and took away all the repetition. It was a brilliant game.

The follow-ups were still good, but not as good as AC2.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:31 am
  • I haven't even had time to start playing III yet. Have had it since Christmas...
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:54 am
  • tubbs51 wrote:
    TriCHawk wrote:AC4 is supposed to be for the PS4 I thought?

it is. As well as the current Gen platforms (PS3, 360, PC).

Cant wait for it. I've always loved pirate themed games (the last one i truly loved though was Pirates of the Caribean Curse of the Black Pearl back when it came out for the regular Xbox).

The naval gameplay in III is AWESOME. Beat them and wish there were more :/

Cool - I've only ever played the first one, but I might have to get this one then.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:16 pm

They haven't done anything about the repetitiveness
    tek5
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:11 pm
  • tek5 wrote:
    Jake Hawks wrote:I couldn't get through the first one due to all the repetitiveness of the missions. I've heard they've changed that so I really want to try one of the newer games. How is 3?

They haven't done anything about the repetitiveness

What do you mean!? You no longer have to spy on conversations, pickpocket people, and stalk someone EVERY SINGLE MISSION just to move on.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 pm
  • I enjoyed the first one a bit, just kind of get bored with the ultra generic video game protagonists that look like they come out of the same board room that devised Poochie the Dog.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:39 am
  • Man I still haven't finished skyrim yet.

The main quest yes, but all the other stuff, no.

Wanna play this one but it's gonna be another 6 months before I can! These games just have so much content now.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 am
  • I'm a little more than halfway through 3, and I love it! I'm kind of a nerd about the American Revolution though, so to have the main character be part of the Boston Massacre, the Tea Party, Lexington and Concord, Bunker Hill, and just about every other significant event is really cool. Interacting with Washington, Revere, Adams, Franklin, etc... is just awesome. The storyline alone is entertaining.

And as someone above stated, the naval missions are freaking bad ass! And I don't think it's repetitive at all. There's tons of extra content outside the main missions that are fun as hell. I'll definitely be picking up 4 when it comes out.
    Ballz
    NET Rookie

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:38 pm
  • Ballz wrote:I'm a little more than halfway through 3, and I love it! I'm kind of a nerd about the American Revolution though, so to have the main character be part of the Boston Massacre, the Tea Party, Lexington and Concord, Bunker Hill, and just about every other significant event is really cool. Interacting with Washington, Revere, Adams, Franklin, etc... is just awesome. The storyline alone is entertaining.

And as someone above stated, the naval missions are freaking bad ass! And I don't think it's repetitive at all. There's tons of extra content outside the main missions that are fun as hell. I'll definitely be picking up 4 when it comes out.

I agree with you. My wife and I took the Freedom Trail through Boston a couple years ago. Seeing the buildings in AC 3 is interesting.
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm
  • Finally started playing AC3. Interesting game so far.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:45 pm
  • Haven't tried 3 yet. I liked 1 & 2 though.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:08 am
  • Aristotle22 wrote:I agree with you. My wife and I took the Freedom Trail through Boston a couple years ago. Seeing the buildings in AC 3 is interesting.

Exploring 18th century New York is really cool too. They really did an amazing job with the storyline. Everything is kept fairly historically accurate, but they tie Connor's story into all of it making him a part of each event. I just finished the Valley Forge portion of the game, which I loved. Baron von Stueben, Marquis de LaFayette, Washington and the whole Continental Army? Awesome!
    Ballz
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information